Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3848118 times)

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #5480 on: November 07, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »
Those millions are not all D's. I can guarantee you after this election many more will be D's because of Trumps rhetoric. That will make it harder for R's to get elected.

Are you seriously comparing a million disenfranchised Republicans to ELEVEN million guaranteed Democrats?

At the end of the day, no matter how badly Trump performs, 40% or so of this country will remain Republican. Swing voters might be angry and elect a Democrat in 2020, but by 2024 all will be forgotten. Eleven million new Democrats will end the Republican party for good.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: November 07, 2016, 01:11:20 PM »
Those millions are not all D's.

Sorry not all. Only 99.999%

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #5482 on: November 07, 2016, 01:11:47 PM »
Are you seriously comparing a million disenfranchised Republicans to ELEVEN million guaranteed Democrats?

At the end of the day, no matter how badly Trump performs, 40% or so of this country will remain Republican. Swing voters might be angry and elect a Democrat in 2020, but by 2024 all will be forgotten. Eleven million new Democrats will end the Republican party for good.

That might not be such a bad outcome, maybe we get something fresh like Evan McMullin.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: November 07, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »
To those who are asking when he lost my vote, I just want to clarify that if you want to debate whether or not I was legitimately turned off, it's not up for debate because it's not an objective fact, it's just my personal, subjective reaction. You don't have to have the same reaction.

But if you are sincerely asking, then I would say that it probably happened during the debates with these two sentences: "You'd be in jail," and "I'll keep you in suspense." Again, it's just my personal reaction, but I found that unacceptable and worthy of being actively voted against.
For me it was well before that. Don't recall which primary debate it was but the one where he made lude references was when he lost any chance of my vote- not thay it matters here in NY.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: November 07, 2016, 01:12:48 PM »
Big assumption on your part.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: Who did you vote for, and what was the compelling argument that made yo do it?
« Reply #5485 on: November 07, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
One post per vote?
ALOL (and that's my second post for 0 votes!)
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you vote for, and what was the compelling argument that made yo do it?
« Reply #5486 on: November 07, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
Nice try but the answer is the same.  :)
I'll keep trying. If you had the choice to shoot hitler or stalin would you abstain?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: November 07, 2016, 01:15:07 PM »
I'll keep trying. If you had the choice to shoot hitler or stalin would you abstain?
Both.  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #5488 on: November 07, 2016, 01:17:18 PM »
To @Dan and the other undecideds. I just wanted to share the following personal thoughts on the eve of the election. I will probably regret posting this but here goes.

I was undecided for a long time too. But Trump helped me decide. I can't pinpoint at what moment it really crystalized for me but there came a point when I realized that as the GOP candidate, which I view as the lesser of two evils in America right now (R vs D), he didn't even have to earn my vote. All he had to do was NOT lose my vote.

But he did. Over and over. And I came to a point where I had to say "ad kan."

Does that mean that Hillary earned my vote? Not really. But DJT not only "earned" that I should not vote for him but that I should actively vote to stop him, which practically speaking means a vote for HRC. (Add to that the fact that I live in a swing state, the responsibility is even more clear.)

Throughout history, G-d has used wackos and weirdos and all sorts of deeply defective people as heads of state. Sometimes it even comes out good for the Jews, as in the case of DJT's forerunner, the tipish with the beauty contests, otherwise known as Achashverosh. But you know the difference? These wackos were kings, which means they inherited their title (or won it in battle.) They weren't democratically elected.

So, do I think that G-d can use a wacko like DJT for good? Yes, I do. But that is different than using my free choice to take part in his election. Should DJT become POTUS that is divine providence. However, my vote is my free choice.
The problem fit me is that there is no choice on the ballot which did not earn for me to vote against them
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: November 07, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »
See, the funny thing about legalizing all those millions of illegals is that you assume that they are liberals. They're not. They have skin in the game so they promise to vote D as a practical matter. But if they really do all become voters (and you can only make them citizens once) then the D's have nothing to string them along with anymore and you're looking at millions of pro-life, pro-religion, pro-family, pro-traditional values voters who will either go R or stay D and shove the latter's platform drastically to the right.

Offline Toasted

• View Profile
« Reply #5490 on: November 07, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
Both.  :P
You have only one bullet  8).
(and you're not this guy.)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: November 07, 2016, 01:20:41 PM »
...you're looking at millions of pro-life, pro-religion, pro-family, pro-traditional values voters who will either go R or stay D and shove the latter's platform drastically to the right.
So there are not all murders and rapist?  ;)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: November 07, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
So there are not all murders and rapist?  ;)

If you want to really understand where these people stand as a voting block (once you remove the amnesty carrot that the D's are dangling in front of them) then please go find out what the abortion laws are in Mexico. It can be googled.

A few million practicing Catholics will change the political landscape, but not the way most think it will.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: November 07, 2016, 01:25:01 PM »
La Raza is very busy right about now.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: November 07, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
See, the funny thing about legalizing all those millions of illegals is that you assume that they are liberals. They're not. They have skin in the game so they promise to vote D as a practical matter. But if they really do all become voters (and you can only make them citizens once) then the D's have nothing to string them along with anymore and you're looking at millions of pro-life, pro-religion, pro-family, pro-traditional values voters who will either go R or stay D and shove the latter's platform drastically to the right.

Freddie, this is cognitive dissonance of the highest order.

The vast majority of these immigrants are uneducated and will remain poor. They will rely on government handouts which the Democrats will be more than happy to shower them with. Free healthcare, free food and more.

What happened to all those super-religious Blacks who turned out in droves for Obama, despite Obama's clear pro-abortion stance? Don't Blacks attend packed churches on Sunday singing and dancing and delivering speeches about trust and faith in G-D?

This goes both ways. Why are hardcore Evangelists voting Trump?

Party and pocket goes before faith. Hands down. To believe otherwise is akin to believing that the sky is green and the grass is blue.

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: November 07, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
Um, how about what the D's have always brought to low-income people? Free housing, free health insurance, free food, free cell-phone, etc. And don't tell me that these illegals are millionaires.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: November 07, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »

Depending on what kind of President, Clinton ( or Trump) will be. 2020 will definitely depend on that alone.
Minorities have always gone D. Even the Orthodox vote has only started going R after 60+ years. And more for the national elections not the local ones.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: November 07, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »
If you want to really understand where these people stand as a voting block (once you remove the amnesty carrot that the D's are dangling in front of them) then please go find out what the abortion laws are in Mexico. It can be googled.

A few million practicing Catholics will change the political landscape, but not the way most think it will.
I don't need Google but I am sure it will enlighten others.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: November 07, 2016, 01:33:42 PM »
And that is why they will never come up with a comprehensive immigration plan.

Offline Toasted

• View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: November 07, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
School choice should be an important issue. That hasn't been discussed much here.