Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3771909 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #5500 on: November 07, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »
Also, Catholicism isn't what it used to be. The new Pope is a liberal. @JTZ CMIIW.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you vote for, and what was the compelling argument that made yo do it?
« Reply #5501 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
For the first time I'm glad my vote wont matter and don'thave to decide.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: November 07, 2016, 01:37:04 PM »

See, the funny thing about legalizing all those millions of illegals is that you assume that they are liberals. They're not. They have skin in the game so they promise to vote D as a practical matter. But if they really do all become voters (and you can only make them citizens once) then the D's have nothing to string them along with anymore and you're looking at millions of pro-life, pro-religion, pro-family, pro-traditional values voters who will either go R or stay D and shove the latter's platform drastically to the right.

This is a point that Ann Coulter was saying about passing comprehensive immigration reform.

But.. most new citizens ( especially minorities) don't care about the country as a whole when it comes to religious standards. As long as I'm free to do as I please ( which usually is the case ). They will vote for the one that gives jobs and social benefits.

Online Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you vote for, and what was the compelling argument that made yo do it?
« Reply #5503 on: November 07, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »

[/quote]

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: November 07, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »
How many people here aren't either immigrants or descended from immigrants in the past 3 generations?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: November 07, 2016, 01:46:12 PM »
How many people here aren't either immigrants or descended from immigrants in the past 3 generations?
IINM they had pretty tough rules back then. You couldn't just steal in and get everything handed to you on a silver platter.
Remember, we have a process to legalize immigrants
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:50:45 PM by TimT »

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #5506 on: November 07, 2016, 01:46:29 PM »
All he had to do was NOT lose my vote.

But he did. Over and over. And I came to a point where I had to say "ad kan."

Very well put.
See, the funny thing about legalizing all those millions of illegals is that you assume that they are liberals. They're not.

+1

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #5507 on: November 07, 2016, 01:49:15 PM »

My father is 3rd generation, I have nieces and nephews 5th generation.

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: November 07, 2016, 01:51:26 PM »

I'm curious if this is simply an open question, or if there is a point you are getting to...

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: November 07, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »
I'm curious if this is simply an open question, or if there is a point you are getting to...
Of course there's a point I'm getting at, which has to do with the seeming animosity of some of those in the frum community towards immigrants.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: November 07, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »
Of course there's a point I'm getting at, which has to do with the seeming animosity of some of those in the frum community towards immigrants.

Towards IMMIGRANTS or towards ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #5511 on: November 07, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
IINM they had pretty tough rules back then. You couldn't just steal in and get everything handed to you on a silver platter.
Remember, we have a legal process to legalize immigrants

Yeah, it was tough - people didn't want those smelly Jews escaping death in Europe to dirty American towns. They wanted, how do you say it again? Oh, that's right. They wanted to put "America First."

Online Toasted

• View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: November 07, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »
Yeah, it was tough - people didn't want those smelly Jews escaping death in Europe to dirty American towns. They wanted, how do you say it again? Oh, that's right. They wanted to put "America First."
Cut it out. Mexicans arent being gassed.

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: November 07, 2016, 02:00:32 PM »
Towards IMMIGRANTS or towards ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?
+1

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5514 on: November 07, 2016, 02:04:42 PM »

A few million practicing Catholics will change the political landscape, but not the way most think it will.
Isn't Kaine a Catholic?

I think your have some misconceptions about Catholics. I don't think they view their relationship with their religion like we view ours. Would you agree to drive your car on Shabbos just one time for $1,000,000,000? Would a Catholic do anything which is against his or her religion, just one time for $1,000,000,000 (or a lot less)?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: November 07, 2016, 02:06:57 PM »
Nice try

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: November 07, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_nov4
Yesterday, Trump had a three-point lead, but the candidates were dead even for the two days before that.[/font][/size]
[/size]
Eighty-six percent (86%) of voters say they are now certain how they will vote, and among these voters, Trump - for the second day in a row – leads 53% to 43%, with Johnson at three percent (2%) and Stein with two percent (2%). Among voters who still could change their minds, it’s Clinton 41%, Trump 30%, Johnson 25% and Stein four percent (4%).
???

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: November 07, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
I think your have some misconceptions about Catholics. I don't think they view their relationship with their religion like we view ours. Would you agree to drive your car on Shabbos just one time for $1,000,000,000? Would a Catholic do anything which is against his or her religion, just one time for $1,000,000,000 (or a lot less)?
WOW!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: November 07, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »
Isn't Kaine a Catholic?

WOW!
Friday Only....

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: November 07, 2016, 02:33:14 PM »

Does that mean that Hillary earned my vote? Not really. But DJT not only "earned" that I should not vote for him but that I should actively vote to stop him, which practically speaking means a vote for HRC. (Add to that the fact that I live in a swing state, the responsibility is even more clear.)

Thank you for your honesty and laying out your position so clearly.

Something for non-swing vote voters to think about; (distilled from things I read and my own thoughts)

I was never going to vote for Trump or Hillary, but that decision was made easy by the fact that I live in New York where my vote for president does not make any difference.

There are two reasons to vote.

1 - is to help ensure that the policies that you favor are enacted. In a non-swing state like New York this reason does not apply to presidential elections. I will leave this discussion to others.

2- Your vote is a statement that this is a person and set of ideas that I accept (even if I don't endorsept 100%) and therefore want to associate with. I have always voted Republican for this reason.

This year I am writing in Evan McMullin, because he is a person that (I may not agree with on everything but) am happy to be associated with.