Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3829501 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #8300 on: November 20, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
I have seen the claim that it was a trumped up prosecution but could not find that backed up by hard facts even on the liberal sites.
Since you did try I will help you out.

"The presiding judge threw out more than half of the charges for lack of evidence before the jury received the case."
and
"The jury of seven blacks and five whites deliberated for less than three hours before returning a not-guilty verdict on all counts."

Like I said bogus charges.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: November 20, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
Is there something about the term "boy" that has to do with skin color?
Wow!
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: November 20, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
Is there something about the term "boy" that has to do with skin color? I saw that and cannot figure out how it is racist unless it is just talking down to him which would then need to be something he did not do to whites for it to be racist.
Wow!
To @JTZ, you're surprised that he doesn't know, right? Not that you think he's deliberately being contrary. Correct?

To @aygart, yes, calling a black man "boy" is pretty much racism 101. I guess I have to say thank G-d that you are not aware of it. It has a long and deep and disgraceful place in American history. Black adults well after emancipation were expected to address white people, even children, as sir or ma'am. I black man was always called boy no matter his age. So, yeah, it's a pretty specific racist thing with a very unambiguous origin and meaning.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: November 20, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
To @JTZ, you're surprised that he doesn't know, right? Not that you think he's deliberately being contrary. Correct?
I think this explains a lot of the positions held on this forum. I guess the best example I could give is how I thought the the Mikvah was degrading women until it was explained in detail to me.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: November 20, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »
I think this explains a lot of the positions held on this forum. I guess the best example I could give is how I thought the the Mikvah was degrading women until it was explained in detail to me.

Very, very good comparison.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #8305 on: November 20, 2016, 03:50:11 PM »
Wow!

To @aygart, yes, calling a black man "boy" is pretty much racism 101. I guess I have to say thank G-d that you are not aware of it. It has a long and deep and disgraceful place in American history. Black adults well after emancipation were expected to address white people, even children, as sir or ma'am. I black man was always called boy no matter his age. So, yeah, it's a pretty specific racist thing with a very unambiguous origin and meaning.

Okay. Yes I grew up away from racial slurs and do not ascribe a racial meaning to things until it is shown to me. Now that the origin is explained it makes sense.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: November 20, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
Okay. Yes I grew up away from racial slurs and do not ascribe a racial meaning to things until it is shown to me. Now that the origin is explained it makes sense.
More importantly, Jeff Sessions - born in Selma, Alabama in 1946 - would certainly be familiar with the term and its use. There's a reason he denied, instead of saying he meant something else.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: November 20, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
More importantly, Jeff Sessions - born in Selma, Alabama in 1946 - would certainly be familiar with the term and its use. There's a reason he denied, instead of saying he meant something else.

You mean the old "boy, are these hot wings spicy" defense.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: November 20, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »
You mean the old "boy, are these hot wings spicy" defense.
No as in "Boy? Don't ever use that term again in front of me."  :)

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: November 20, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »
Yes. If he said it then it is not a very good sign. Either way it is unlikely that he gets a down vote unless they really make it that even the Rs can't approve him since Reid took away the filibuster for executive nominations.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: November 20, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
Yes. If he said it then it is not a very good sign. Either way it is unlikely that he gets a down vote unless they really make it that even the Rs can't approve him since Reid took away the filibuster for executive nominations.
To his credit it looks like he mellowed some with age.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
To his credit it looks like he mellowed some with age.
So it seems.

Taking this with the needs pile of salt coming from a conservative publication,
Despite the smear campaign against him, Sessions’s actual record tells a different story.

“I filed 20 or 30 civil-rights cases to desegregate schools and political organizations and county commissions when I was a United States attorney,” he says. “I prosecuted the head of the Klan for murdering somebody, and I insisted the klansman be given the death penalty. When I became attorney general years later, I handled that appeal and ensured that he was, in fact, executed.”

The klansman in question, Henry Francis Hays, was executed for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. The prosecution of Hays led to a $7 million civil judgment that bankrupted the Klan. Sessions notes that two of the lawyers from the Justice Department’s civil-rights division who worked the Hays case with him testified on his behalf.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/227464/court-sessions-mark-hemingway

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8312 on: November 20, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
Does DJT understand that he won?
Good grief.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800329364986626048
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: November 20, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
Good grief.
Yeah, he needs to stop posting on Twitter, asap.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: November 20, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »
Good grief.
...and for the record it was funny as h*ll. I guess there is a benefit to him winning. Unlimited comedy material.  :)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: November 20, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
In a weird way I am relieved to know that we have a President (Elect) who knows exactly what jokes people are making about him.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: November 20, 2016, 05:22:12 PM »
Yeah, he needs to stop posting on Twitter, asap.
The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

This guy just can't help himself. To think at one point I was considering voting for this guy.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: November 20, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

This guy just can't help himself. To think at one point I was considering voting for this guy.

Yeah it's pretty surreal. Will dignity and prestige ever be returned to the office of president after this?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: November 20, 2016, 05:30:22 PM »
Yeah it's pretty surreal. Will dignity and prestige ever be returned to the office of president after this?
It is close to 25 years. It is probably never coming back.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: November 20, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »
Mad Dog? Now that is my kind of guy.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."