Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3823722 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #8420 on: November 21, 2016, 04:38:24 PM »

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: November 21, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »
That's just noise. The real story is CHAOS.
he letting the media do the vetting

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #8422 on: November 21, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »
i don't think it's wrong and it isn;t wrong because it's not illegal
Just like proper tax planning (and bad investments) will get you a $900million NOL that you can use to offset your tax bill
to quote Judge Learned Hand (yes a real name)
"Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant."

Without veering off into a tax discussion which wasn't the topic of discussion;

The problem is the conflicts of interest that Trump has. Aside from this story, (which the Argentinian PM has denied) there are other reports alleging Trump to have tried to further his businesses using his position as president elect.
Further: he is not placing his businesses in a blind trust, but rather giving them to his kids.
Further: his kids are involved with his cabinet, on his transition team, already sitting in on meetings, and reported to be requested to be cleared to sit in on nat sec briefings.

Even unintentionally, there are conflicts of interest, with foreign diplomats already saying they would stay in the Trump Hotel in DC, and bring it up to him in meetings, hoping it will curry favor.

Now, you say it's hypocritical to bring it up because Hilary would have done worse? But that's *exactly* why Trump won. People hated Hilary because of the corruption and scheming. It's part of why I didn't vote for her, despite my absolute steadfast #neverTrump stance. Instead of draining the swamp, he is muddying it further by not placing his businesses in a blind trust.

As to your comments about it being legal, that may be true, but it is still a most egregious breach of ethics, and could be subject to impeachment (see here) though that is unlikely with a GOP Congress.

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: November 21, 2016, 05:07:20 PM »
Without veering off into a tax discussion which wasn't the topic of discussion;

The problem is the conflicts of interest that Trump has. Aside from this story, (which the Argentinian PM has denied) there are other reports alleging Trump to have tried to further his businesses using his position as president elect.
Further: he is not placing his businesses in a blind trust, but rather giving them to his kids.
Further: his kids are involved with his cabinet, on his transition team, already sitting in on meetings, and reported to be requested to be cleared to sit in on nat sec briefings.

Even unintentionally, there are conflicts of interest, with foreign diplomats already saying they would stay in the Trump Hotel in DC, and bring it up to him in meetings, hoping it will curry favor.

Now, you say it's hypocritical to bring it up because Hilary would have done worse? But that's *exactly* why Trump won. People hated Hilary because of the corruption and scheming. It's part of why I didn't vote for her, despite my absolute steadfast #neverTrump stance. Instead of draining the swamp, he is muddying it further by not placing his businesses in a blind trust.

As to your comments about it being legal, that may be true, but it is still a most egregious breach of ethics, and could be subject to impeachment (see here) though that is unlikely with a GOP Congress.
WHO'S ETHICS????
the self righteous left? who have no moral compass left (no pun intended)
The reason it's not illegal is because its nearly impossible, especially when you have such broad business interests, to not have conflicts. the question is is he actively courting business and changing US policy (ala HRC in Haiti and the Congo) or in the context of an hour phone convo stick in at the end a PS about building permits

IMHO also a blind trust is BS, Michael Bloomberg had it and i dont believe for a second he didn;t still enrich himself in his position

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #8424 on: November 21, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
WHO'S ETHICS????
The reason it's not illegal is because its nearly impossible, especially when you have such broad business interests, to not have conflicts. the question is is he actively courting business and changing US policy (ala HRC in Haiti and the Congo) or in the context of an hour phone convo stick in at the end a PS about building permits

IMHO also a blind trust is BS, Michael Bloomberg had it and i dont believe for a second he didn;t still enrich himself in his position
Careful what you say they may accuse you of voting for Trump
*Insert sarcastic emoji here*

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: November 21, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »
Careful what you say they may accuse you of CD voting for Trump
FTFY
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #8426 on: November 21, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
I'm posting this link here rather than "interesting articles" because it has specific reference to DJT appointments and rhetoric.

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/this-week-in-geopolitics/islam-and-terrorism
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #8427 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »
WHO'S ETHICS????

Common sense ethics, and accepted behavior from BOTH parties for decades - at least.

Again, this is an issue coming up from right wingers also. You can be a Trump supporter and still recognize when he is doing something blatantly unethical. Not everything is about partisan politics.

So you agree it could be a problem, it's just an arbitrary matter of scale in your mind? Where do you draw the line? (Did you read the piece I linked to?)

Well, I'm glad you think that. Personally I'll defer to decades of accepted ethical behavior, and the fact that not so much of a hint of such corruption has come up about Bloomberg - your humble opinion notwithstanding.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: November 21, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »
I'm posting this link here rather than "interesting articles" because it has specific reference to DJT appointments and rhetoric.

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/this-week-in-geopolitics/islam-and-terrorism
To do this, the US must first avoid alienating all Muslims, and second face the obvious – that the terrorism being fought is Islamic. Without understanding the enemy, it cannot be defeated. But the only hope of some type of victory is that all Muslims do not belong to this movement. Denying that Islamic terrorism exists will cost the war. Arguing that all Muslims are Islamic terrorists means accepting the war can’t be won at all.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: November 21, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »
WHO'S ETHICS????
Ummm like the entire civilized world?

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: November 21, 2016, 05:40:25 PM »
Well, I'm glad you think that. Personally I'll defer to decades of accepted ethical behavior, and the fact that not so much of a hint of such corruption has come up about Bloomberg - your humble opinion notwithstanding.
I get my ethics from our honourable President Zuma

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: November 21, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
Ummm like the entire civilized world?
Like Italy's berlusconi?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #8432 on: November 21, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
I get my ethics from honourable President Zuma

Well, that explain it! H/T to Trevor Noah - the only funny Daily Show bits I've seen since he took over have been his comparisons of Trump to Zuma.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: November 21, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »
Like Italy's berlusconi?
What are you trying to say, that he is unethical?

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: November 21, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »
Well, that explain it! H/T to Trevor Noah - the only funny Daily Show bits I've seen since he took over have been his comparisons of Trump to Zuma.
Trevor, used to be funny, imitating the Cape Coloureds etc. Now he's just a democratic shill. i was a huge fan, now not so much
Right up there with Cory Booker who is going to be President in 2020 (you heard it hear first) who used to be IMHO a moral forward thinker, now it's all party lines pandering to the base (and it will work)

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: November 21, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
What are you trying to say, that he is unethical?
i'm trying to figure out where and who the civilized world is
dont tell me Canada
and who Kennedy? FDR?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: November 21, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153480921421/persuasion-versus-populism

The biggest demographic group opposing Trump – including the ones on the street – are young people. Objectively speaking, young people are the dumbest people within every demographic group. I was dumber when I was younger. So were you. So is everyone else. Ask yourself if it is a coincidence that the dumbest people within every demographic group lean in the same direction.

LOL

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: November 21, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/153480921421/persuasion-versus-populism

LOL
The only problem is Trump got the dummy vote this time. So what does that tell you?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: November 21, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
The only problem is Trump got the dummy vote this time. So what does that tell you?
source?

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile