Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3770183 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #10880 on: February 05, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »
do you feel that way about the entire thing or only certain aspects of it and how it was administered? By 0-2 do you mean the different levels of appeal?
It was a three ring circus on administration. Not sure if it will be overturned. Yes on level of appeals. Anything else?  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: February 05, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »
You said you wish you could discuss issues and not tweets
I am but lets not comingle things. I am going to address all your issues so there is no confusion.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: February 05, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »
You guys are a real trip. I answer question and you sling the same BS. Talk about predictable.  ::)
You answered the question? Where?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: February 05, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »
You answered the question? Where?
Questions from aygart. If you stop butting in I will get to you sooner.  :)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10884 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
It was a three ring circus on administration. Not sure if it will be overturned. Yes on level of appeals. Anything else?  :)
do you feel the order itself was against Congress? Part or all? If part which parts?

I wouldn't call that 0-2 since it is about one aspect of one order and is only an injunction not an actual ruling.

I will be out for a bit now. You can go to others.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: February 05, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
do you feel the order itself was against Congress? Part or all? If part which parts?

I wouldn't call that 0-2 since it is about one aspect of one order and is only an injunction not an actual ruling.

I will wait.  :)
AFIAK the affected immigration law says you can't discriminate based on country of origin. It also states the president can enact a ban to protect the interest of the US. Courts need to decide this one but I will go with a overturn of the ban.

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: February 05, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
Questions from aygart. If you stop butting in I will get to you sooner.  :)

Nu...

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: February 05, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
Have you lost your mind completely? Did FOX news do this also? Is Elvis alive? Did we not land on the moon?  ::)

What a troll. My point was that all your information about a president comes from the media, and somehow you try to make it into a conversation about the moon landing rather than concede the point.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: February 05, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
What a troll. My point was that all your information about a president comes from the media, and somehow you try to make it into a conversation about the moon landing rather than concede the point.
You made a DA comment and now are trying to cover it up by attacking me. Here is the DA comment in case you forgot.
Even above where you claim to know the size of the crowd because you watched it on TV, you only claim to know that because you trust the media. I'm not saying they are actually this dishonest, but they could have cut to taped images while overlaying audio to trick viewers about the size of the crowd during the speech and you would not have known the difference.
Elvis and moon landing were DA rhetorical questions to get you to understand how ridicules your comment was. I see something live on several different networks and you post that garbage as what could have happened.  ::)

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: February 05, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
I will wait.  :)
AFIAK the affected immigration law says you can't discriminate based on country of origin. It also states the president can enact a ban to protect the interest of the US. Courts need to decide this one but I will go with a overturn of the ban.
An important point is that congress themselves made some discriminatory rules regarding these countries in the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015. Many past presidents have issued bans on immigration from various countries including Carter with Iran and Obama with Iraq. They were not as broad based as Trump's but were just as discriminatory. My guess is that the courts will not end up ruling on the legality of stopping to issue new visas before the order expired since there will be an issue of standing. I think a longer term ban can pass legal muster if worded properly. The portion which suspends visas already issued I suspect will be struck down by the courts.

You are both focusing on the wrong thing. It is time for a bit of perspective here. Trump did not ban all Muslims. For that matter he did not ban ANY Muslims. He placed a 90-120 day moratorium on admitting people of any religion coming from 7 countries judged by a previous admiistration to be havens for terrorism. Had there been a country which is a haven for Christian or Buddhist or Jewish terrorism as a threat to the US they would have likely been included as well. Even this measure is only temporary to allow time for a review of procedures. Are the procedure currently in place adequate? Possibly, but that is certainly a judgement call and the new President can and should make a new judgement on it. Making a temporary moratorium is reasonable. On the other hand, some porions of this order were extreme. It probably should not have included those who were already issued visas. It seems that this is the only aspect struck down by the courts as well. The states challenged his ability to provisionally suspend an existing visa. Trump is going to kick and scream over this. By doing so he distracts from the fact that the vast majority is still in place. That may be where he wanted it to end up anyhow.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10890 on: February 05, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »
An important point is that congress themselves made some discriminatory rules regarding these countries in the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015. Many past presidents have issued bans on immigration from various countries including Carter with Iran and Obama with Iraq. They were not as broad based as Trump's but were just as discriminatory. My guess is that the courts will not end up ruling on the legality of stopping to issue new visas before the order expired since there will be an issue of standing. I think a longer term ban can pass legal muster if worded properly. The portion which suspends visas already issued I suspect will be struck down by the courts.
Like I have said this will be an issue for the courts. No matter what they decide calling them "so-called" is just out of line and undermines our justice system.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: February 05, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »
Like I have said this will be an issue for the courts. No matter what they decide calling them "so-called" is just out of line and undermines our justice system.
The facts are that the Trump Administration followed the ruling in a very timely manner.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: February 05, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »
The facts are that the Trump Administration followed the ruling in a very timely manner.
No one has said they didn't.

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: February 05, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »
+1 I try to defend Trump at times, and explain away his statements and positions, but this one is simply out of line. Perfectly in character, though.

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »

No one has said they didn't.
If he is obviously respecting the decision by following it, he is not undermining the justice system.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: February 05, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
If he is obviously respecting the decision by following it, he is not undermining the justice system.
Get real here. He has no choice in the matter.

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: February 05, 2017, 08:49:23 PM »
My thoughts on the fact that so many #nevertrumpers are supporting him now because of the media.

Most of us had 2 reasons why we did not vote for Trump, 1- we didn't like his character and 2 - we didn't trust him to keep to his word to enact conservative policies.

Trump has addressed #2 by making a lot of conservative moves, both in his appointments (cabinet and SC) and in his actions. Most of his actions have been executive actions because legislation takes time, and the Senate is busy working through confirmation hearings (which have been stretched out by Democrats).

The media and the left is doing a good job in addressing the first point because as much as I can't stand Trump, I hate them more (because of the way they are reacting) and in a choice between the two I, and most conservatives, are going with Trump.

I'll also point out that there is an unprecedented amount of criticism of Trump from conservative Republicans who will work with him when he furthers their common goals and have shown themselves willing to stand up to him when he acts stupidly.

This is a very healthy thing for our political system, to have a group of people that stand for certain principals and not a "team". If the Democrats would do the same when people on "their side" do or say stupid things America would truly be on the right path.

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: February 05, 2017, 10:30:11 PM »
I consider you the devils advocate and argumentative.

Calling someone the devil is kind of harsh don't you think? By your rules I don't have to pay attention to the rest of the sentence or the context.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: February 05, 2017, 10:33:38 PM »
Calling someone the devil is kind of harsh don't you think? By your rules I don't have to pay attention to the rest of the sentence or the context.
Except I didn't call him the devil but I come to expect those childish posts from you using AF. Have a nice night.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: February 05, 2017, 10:57:52 PM »
Except I didn't call him the devil but I come to expect those childish posts from you using AF. Have a nice night.

What does Air France have to do with ANYTHING?!