Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3770150 times)

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #12120 on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »
where did you ever talk about Obama's red lines?
I don't recall ever discussing his election or even his policies in ddf. I believe I started with politics in regard to Trump. But I wouldn't be surprised if you you went through my post history if it mentioned the hypocrisy of the media's coverage of Obama as compared to Trump or anyone in the right.

I know it's something I've spoken about, and if you subpoena my whatsapp archive, you'll see it plenty.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #12121 on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:35 AM »
where did you ever talk about Obama's red lines?
Where did you talk about Bill Clinton meeting with Loretta Lynch?
Obama's Syrian red lines?

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »
I'm missing something. When did the Russians become all chummy with Isis ?

They aren't, but keep in mind they have a different umbrella of groups that they consider to be ISIS, some of which (Syrian opposition) are supported by the US.
The real issue here is the Russians' close cooperation with Iran and Syria, and the concern that the details of this Israeli agent will have been compromised to them, after Trump told them about him.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:50:32 AM by aradisc »

Offline aradisc

• View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
Beginning of the end?

I don't think we're anywhere close to the end, the votes aren't there (2/3rds in the senate- not a chance). But if you thought things were already crazy, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #12124 on: May 17, 2017, 09:55:47 AM »
I don't think we're anywhere close to the end, the votes aren't there (2/3rds in the senate- not a chance). But if you thought things were already crazy, you ain't seen nothing yet.
I agree with this. Unless there is a memo saying Trump is actually putin and banon is actually Stalin

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what it is suspected that Flynn did criminally that Trump obstructed? Did it have anything to do with any possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? What did Russia do which had a potential impact other that possibly having been involved in the Podesta email leak and some silly online propaganda?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12127 on: May 17, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »
2 points.

1. Comey has more memos. I guarantee it.
2. It's only a matter of time before Republicans bail on Trump en masse when they realize they can't get anything done due to his shenanigans. I'm sure many think they would get a lot more done with Pence.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:55 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what it is suspected that Flynn did criminally that Trump obstructed?
It does not matter if Flynn did anything illegal.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: May 17, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »
2 points.

1. Comey has more memos. I guarantee it.
2. It's only a matter of time before Republicans bail on Trump en masse when they realize they can't get anything done due to his shenanigans. I'm sure many think they would get a lot more done with Pence.
I guarantee their feeling they will get more done will not make them impeach Trump especially since an impeachment will not make things get done.

Meanwhile we don't even know if this whole memo thing is true. There has been so much untrue thinly sourced reporting on this administration that we cannot know what to believe and what not to. Once upon a time the media reporting had a goal of truth. No longer. They openly state that they need to be oppositional to Trump. No they don't. They need to be truthful. When the editors approve every sensational thinly sourced leak as they have been doing is there any question as to why they have lost credibility?

Lets say it is true. What exactly does it show? There have not yet been any allegations of criminality against Flynn. The most the openly oppositional Yates was able to come up with was that he may be a target of blackmail. What did Trump obstruct? Is the memo great? No. Unfortunately these are the stupidities we see from Trump. Is it what the media and Dems are making it out to be? ALso not. Is it worse than the Dems obstruction with Bill meeting Lynch? Definitely not.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: May 17, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
It does not matter if Flynn did anything illegal.
Obstruction of Justice is by definition when there is a suspected crime. If the issue is that he could possibly be subject to blackmail then once he is out of his position the issue is moot. When the issue is that he can't be an effective security advisor then his resignation SHOULD allow everyone to move on and the FBI should no longer be busy with it. If there is suspected criminality then they should. While he is in a security position they should.

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: May 17, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »
Obstruction of Justice is by definition when there is a suspected crime.
Here just for you in its simplest form: the criminal offense of obstructing the administration and process of the law.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: May 17, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »
This is what happens when you bluff that you have recordings. Time for Trump to put up or grab the soap!  :P

Offline aradisc

• View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what it is suspected that Flynn did criminally that Trump obstructed?
Flynn failed to report that he had performed work for foreign governments including Turkey. This is grounds for being stripped of his security clearance, if not prosecuted. He is alleged to have been compromised in other ways as well.
Did it have anything to do with any possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia?
The investigation of Flynn's actions is part of a broader investigation of Russian meddling in the election, and the conclusions have not been reached.  As part of the FBI investigation, grand jury subpoenas have been issued for associates of Flynn. Obstruction comes from Trump reportedly pressuring Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, later pressuring him to drop the entire Russia investigation, then firing him when he declined and would not swear personal loyalty to Trump.
What did Russia do which had a potential impact other that possibly having been involved in the Podesta email leak and some silly online propaganda?
That "silly" propaganda was apparently somewhat effective, as many people hold beliefs from completely fabricated stories. As to the overall impact of the meddling, that's for historians to pick apart, but the important thing to investigate now is whether any Americans encouraged or were complicit in the meddling, because that could be treason.

Most Republicans have never liked Trump or his shenanigans. They need his voters, though, and this is why they mostly keep their mouth shut.

Meanwhile we don't even know if this whole memo thing is true. There has been so much untrue thinly sourced reporting on this administration that we cannot know what to believe and what not to. Once upon a time the media reporting had a goal of truth. No longer. They openly state that they need to be oppositional to Trump. No they don't. They need to be truthful. When the editors approve every sensational thinly sourced leak as they have been doing is there any question as to why they have lost credibility?
All of these leaks have been well sourced by dozens of reputable news organizations. I think you're watching too much Hannity and reading too much Breitbart if that's what you believe.

Lets say it is true. What exactly does it show? There have not yet been any allegations of criminality against Flynn. The most the openly oppositional Yates was able to come up with was that he may be a target of blackmail. What did Trump obstruct?
Yates could not speak much of the evidence in her public testimony because it is classified. Again, Trump is reported to have pressured Comey to drop looking into Flynn, then drop the Russia inquiry completely, then fired him when he refused to comply.

Obstruction of Justice is by definition when there is a suspected crime.
Conspiring with the Russians to influence the US election is a crime, yes. The investigation may ultimately conclude that that didn't happen. But there's too much smoke to ignore the possibility of fire. And so a preliminary attempt to shut down the investigation before it can properly look into these things is obstructing justice.

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12135 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »

Flynn failed to report that he had performed work for foreign governments including Turkey. This is grounds for being stripped of his security clearance, if not prosecuted. He is alleged to have been compromised in other ways as well.The investigation of Flynn's actions is part of a broader investigation of Russian meddling in the election, and the conclusions have not been reached.  As part of the FBI investigation, grand jury subpoenas have been issued for associates of Flynn. Obstruction comes from Trump reportedly pressuring Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, later pressuring him to drop the entire Russia investigation, then firing him when he declined and would not swear personal loyalty to Trump.That "silly" propaganda was apparently somewhat effective, as many people hold beliefs from completely fabricated stories. As to the overall impact of the meddling, that's for historians to pick apart, but the important thing to investigate now is whether any Americans encouraged or were complicit in the meddling, because that could be treason.
Most Republicans have never liked Trump or his shenanigans. They need his voters, though, and this is why they mostly keep their mouth shut.
All of these leaks have been well sourced by dozens of reputable news organizations. I think you're watching too much Hannity and reading too much Breitbart if that's what you believe.
Yates could not speak much of the evidence in her public testimony because it is classified. Again, Trump is reported to have pressured Comey to drop looking into Flynn, then drop the Russia inquiry completely, then fired him when he refused to comply.
Conspiring with the Russians to influence the US election is a crime, yes. The investigation may ultimately conclude that that didn't happen. But there's too much smoke to ignore the possibility of fire. And so a preliminary attempt to shut down the investigation before it can properly look into these things is obstructing justice.

A lot to unpack here, but one thing that you repeated several times was that Trump pressured Comey to drop the Russia investigation. Do you mind linking an article where that was claimed? I've never seen any source for that and the acting FBI director testified under oath that there was no such pressure. In the NY Times article they specifically separated the Flynn investigation from the larger Russia.

Offline aradisc

• View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: May 17, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
A lot to unpack here, but one thing that you repeated several times was that Trump pressured Comey to drop the Russia investigation. Do you mind linking an article where that was claimed?

Straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politics/trump-comey-russia-thing/

Offline username

• View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #12137 on: May 17, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »

Conspiring with the Russians to influence the US election is a crime, yes.

Is conspiring with the NRA to influence the US elections a crime?
^^^

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: May 17, 2017, 11:27:15 AM »
Beginning of the end?

The question is impeachment or resignation?  Trump's got everything he needs, I would guess he'd walk away and play victim before subjecting himself to impeachment proceedings. 

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: May 17, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
I have NEVER watched Hannity and have not visited breitbart in at least months. If you consider this well sourced by numerous organizations you are in lala land. THe Times is sourced from Wapo etc. Can you tell me what smoke there is about collusion? I have a feeling I know your answer but want to hear it from you.

If he demanded Comey's loyalty that is an issue and I was not discussing that now. That is extemely poorly sourced and is almost pure speculation. His saying that he hopes that with his resignation it would go away is stupidity to think so but fairly benign. Were you equally disturbed with Dem obstruction of the Hillary emails?