Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3823846 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #13040 on: August 15, 2017, 12:38:16 PM »
I'm genuinely curious. Are frum ardent Trumkins and apologists bothered at all by Trump's repeated hesitance to condemn white supremacist Nazis by name, or you're good with it? @Super Speed, @good sam, @ilherman, @aygart, @TimT etc.
Like he said he condemns hate on all sides. Stop reading so much into everything.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: August 15, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »
I'm genuinely curious. Are frum ardent Trumkins and apologists bothered at all by Trump's repeated hesitance to condemn white supremacist Nazis by name, or you're good with it? @Super Speed, @good sam, @ilherman, @aygart, @TimT etc.
His condemnation didn't sound hesitant to me.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline HKFS

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »
Like he said he condemns hate on all sides. Stop reading so much into everything.
Please.  Trump has a problem calling out the far right. If you don't see that, you are delusional.  Hopefully it is due to Bannon's influence and hopefully Bannon will be gone soon.

Offline HKFS

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
See previous post.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #13044 on: August 15, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
Did you read upthread?

I don't recall you taking a position either way, only:
I ask questions

When there is a terrorist attack in Israel, and a leftist politician condemns hate on all sides, we rightly insist that they call out the terror by name. Why not now?

He refused to name and specify the white terrorists, which is something he criticized Obama, Hilary and others for not doing wrt other terrorists. So his omission in this instance seems deliberate. Especially considering he has a history of being hesitant to criticize and/or disavow white supremacists in the past.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: August 15, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
He refused to name and specify the white terrorists, which is something he criticized Obama, Hilary and others for not doing wrt other terrorists. So his omission in this instance seems deliberate. Especially considering he has a history of being hesitant to criticize and/or disavow white supremacists in the past.
He specifically named the KKK, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists. Did you hear the speech?

https://youtu.be/U1lAYWN_Z00
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13046 on: August 15, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
He specifically named the KKK, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists. Did you hear the speech?

https://youtu.be/U1lAYWN_Z00

Are you furreal? 3 days late and a dollar short. And you call that not being hesitant?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/14/trump-plays-both-sides-with-charlottesville-response-241633

Offline HKFS

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: August 15, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: August 15, 2017, 01:29:21 PM »
When there is a terrorist attack in Israel, and a leftist politician condemns hate on all sides, we rightly insist that they call out the terror by name. Why not now?
Because both sides are terrorists. (And both sides are "white" terrorists. So no reason to mention "white") One side had a guy using a car as terrorism, the other side had dozens of people using pipes, bricks, bats, & bottles filled with cement as terrorism.
(If I'm a trumpkin then he's in real trouble)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #13049 on: August 15, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »
Because both sides are terrorists. (And both sides are "white" terrorists. So no reason to mention "white") One side had a guy using a car as terrorism, the other side had dozens of people using pipes, bricks, bats, & bottles filled with cement as terrorism.
This seems to be the case and is an important distinction. I had mentioned that it also makes a difference that we did not see it real time but are only hearing the "commentary with a bit of news" after the fact. I do feel he should have mentioned the hate groups by name sooner though.

BTW his criticism of Obama was a not hesitancy of calling out ISIS by name rather a hesitancy in calling out the ideology. Trump did call out the ideology by name "Hate Groups on both sides".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:59:52 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13050 on: August 15, 2017, 02:47:29 PM »

I have repeatedly said you can condemn both sides by name.

Condemning white supremacists or Antifa has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with ideology. You are not condemning terrorists who are white, but terrorists who ascribe to a nazi ideology.

The KKK and their ilk have historically killed many, many Americans, and even in modern times white supremacists are responsible for more domestic terrorism than any other group. Trump has had trouble in the past separating himself from members of those groups who are his supporters. They specifically said that his condemnations were done in a way that showed he still support for them. (Delay until pressure mounts and then say something). Now, as president, there was a domestic terrorist who killed someone and he repeated his tepid, delayed condemnation tactic.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who is swift and relentless about criticizing and attacking. He *repeatedly* calls out reporters, individuals, actors, ANYONE he disagrees with, and with this he could barely read the prepared remarks three days late.

I included apologists.  :P

All I wanted to know is if frum Trump supporters could ever admit he has a very real and blatant problem with dealing with actual Nazis, and seems to be specifically pandering to them as a base.

BTW his criticism of Obama was a not hesitancy of calling out ISIS by name rather a hesitancy in calling out the ideology. Trump did call out the ideology by name "Hate Groups on both sides".

Please, the ideology is not "Hate Group" it is white supremacy and Nazism.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: August 15, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »
agreed

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: August 15, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
I have repeatedly said you can condemn both sides by name.

Condemning white supremacists or Antifa has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with ideology. You are not condemning terrorists who are white, but terrorists who ascribe to a nazi ideology.

The KKK and their ilk have historically killed many, many Americans, and even in modern times white supremacists are responsible for more domestic terrorism than any other group. Trump has had trouble in the past separating himself from members of those groups who are his supporters. They specifically said that his condemnations were done in a way that showed he still support for them. (Delay until pressure mounts and then say something). Now, as president, there was a domestic terrorist who killed someone and he repeated his tepid, delayed condemnation tactic.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who is swift and relentless about criticizing and attacking. He *repeatedly* calls out reporters, individuals, actors, ANYONE he disagrees with, and with this he could barely read the prepared remarks three days late.
I included apologists.  :P

All I wanted to know is if frum Trump supporters could ever admit he has a very real and blatant problem with dealing with actual Nazis, and seems to be specifically pandering to them as a base.

The problem with your arguments is that you are disingenuous.

You state that you want Trump to call out both sides by name, but what you REALLY want is for him to call out the White Nazi group.

I hate Nazi scum as much as anyone else, but I hate ANTIFA too. It's Hitler and Stalin and I hate them both.

The fact of the matter is that the Nazi scumbags were protesting peacefully until ANTIFA came along and started the violence. In the melee, another Nazi bast@rd drove his car into the counter-protesters.

Trump came out and said "violence on both sides". As someone who believes that Trump is an immature clown, I believe that he called this out correctly.

If ANTIFA would not have started the violence, there would be no violence. There would be no car massacre. Neo-nazis are a dying breed. ANTIFA ensures that neo-nazi'sm continues to grow and prosper. They will cause many more people to join these movements.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: August 15, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »

You state that you want Trump to call out both sides by name, but what you REALLY want is for him to call out the White Nazi group.
@Yehuda57 would you have been okay with him calling out white supremacists but not antifa?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13054 on: August 15, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »

I hate Nazi scum as much as anyone else, but I hate ANTIFA too. It's Hitler and Stalin and I hate them both.

The fact of the matter is that the Nazi scumbags were protesting peacefully until ANTIFA came along and started the violence. In the melee, another Nazi bast@rd drove his car into the counter-protesters.

Trump came out and said "violence on both sides". As someone who believes that Trump is an immature clown, I believe that he called this out correctly.

If ANTIFA would not have started the violence, there would be no violence. There would be no car massacre. Neo-nazis are a dying breed. ANTIFA ensures that neo-nazi'sm continues to grow and prosper. They will cause many more people to join these movements.

You ignored my comments about Trump's and America's history. If he truly wanted to condemn Antifa as well, and that was the reason for his "both sides" comment, he could have said so. He specifically avoided mentioning the Nazis because he wants them to keep on believing he is on their side. He is playing the very same identity politics as the left, albeit from a white perspective.

@Yehuda57 would you have been okay with him calling out white supremacists but not antifa?

Yes. There is a history, see above.

It would have been MUCH better had he condemned the Nazis and condemned Antifa and explained how they are two sides of the same coin. Most people don't know anything about Antifa. They think there was a Nazi parade which attacked innocent counter-protesters. He could've used "both sides" if it came with an explanation.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: August 15, 2017, 04:15:29 PM »
Most people don't know anything about Antifa. They think there was a Nazi parade which attacked innocent counter-protesters. He could've used "both sides" if it came with an explanation.
That is a tremendous issue in itself and quite disingenuous of the media that they are portraying it that way.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13056 on: August 15, 2017, 04:16:19 PM »
That is a tremendous issue in itself and quite disingenuous of the media that they are portraying it that way.

Agreed.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: August 15, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »
ag man, this is just like the bad old days with the AWB and MK (ANCs' umkhonto we sizwe)
 :P

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: August 15, 2017, 04:21:30 PM »
Agreed.
It is also in part a cause of how he reacts.