Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3771423 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #13100 on: August 15, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
I didn't vote on 11/8 so you have me mixed up with someone else. Who said Trump is a Nazi?

For the record I liked his SCOTUS pick.
True, but you do need to let go of your emotions since they taint everything you see about him.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: August 15, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Yup, I am so concerned about money I cut my MS to less than 1/10 of what it use to be.  :P
That was done for you here
After 5+ years a major one bites the dust. Yes I am sad but all I can say is Thank You!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: August 15, 2017, 09:22:28 PM »
That was done for you here
Stick to things you think you know about.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Stick to things you think you know about.
I am a quick learner especially when I have a good teacher.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
waiting for CM to write a constructive reply.
Read the last few pages.  :P

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: August 15, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »
China is now on the record as saying they will defend NK if attacked first by the US and will not defend them if they attack the US first. How is any of this positive. This means NK can continue with their threats and Trump can continue with his bluffs. The bottom line is NK gets to develop its nuclear program under the protection of China. Somehow the Trumpsters think this is a win.
"The Chinese paper’s comments reflect the 1961 Sino-North Korean Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance, which obliges China to intervene if North Korea is subject to unprovoked aggression — but not necessarily if Pyongyang starts a war. China has been a key ally of North Korea, helping prop up its economy as it has been hit with repeated rounds of international sanctions." ( Wapo)

That they won't back NK if they attack first is the ONLY story here. See below all the related stories on Google are pointing to that fact. And we're talking about WaPo, Reuters,and the Time Magazine.. none that can be accused of being slanted to Trump.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #13106 on: August 15, 2017, 10:32:52 PM »
I have not read the past few pages so forgive me if it was discussed but what am I missing?
Apparently you are missing more than just a few pages of an online thread, but all of history and common sense.
What is the MSM going insane for?
It's not the MSM. Its everyone. Almost every republican politician, not to mention every centrist and lefty. People across the board are disgusted and horrified.
The president said that it's the alt lefts fault as well.
Well, yes, I guess he did say that. But that's not all he said. And it's not all he didn't say.
I guess it's not politically correct as the swamp seems to love to protect the left.
Really? You think the President of the United States mainstreaming Nazis is about "political correctness"?
President Obama praised black lives matter.
This kind of moral equivalency is the type of thing we abhor when it's done by others against Israel and Jews.

Just as a reminder, civil rights for blacks is not that old. It's pretty recent. Our parents grew up in the times of segregation. If you for a second believe racism is over in this country, you're disingenuous at best, most likely a racist. This is to say, BLM as a grassroots movement is based on legitimate concerns and grievances. It is not a form of racist identity politics. True, BLM became a racist organization, but countless people who believe they are part of BLM mean to be part of #blm and not BLM Inc.

The white supremacists have no such grievances. They are purely and simply a hate group. You don't march with tiki torches and swastikas chanting "Jews will not replace us" because you're upset about illegal immigration or a Confederate monument coming down. You march waving Nazi flags because you believe @ilherman and blacks are inferior and don't deserve to live.

To compare Obama mentioning BLM to what trump did today is sickening and disgusting. And I say that believing that Obama exploited racial politics for his gain.

However what's not true about it? Of course it was the fault of the left as well. You can't fight with someone if he doesn't fight with you. You see these alt left dogs trying to burn some white people alive. What am I missing?

This is one of the posters advertising the event:

Go look at the videos of them marching with their Nazi flags, badges and gear.

Then, a woman was murdered by one of those people.

To make like these are innocents who were just marching is to ignore American history. As mentioned, most of domestic terrorism is committed by white supremacists.

Did Antifa come looking for a fight? Probably. But "he started it" is appropriate for fights over Lego blocks and crayons.

When you are the president of the country responding to an act of terrorism, you call out the terrorists unequivocally, without hesitation, and without obfuscation. In the case you don't, and need to correct yourself struggling to read prepared remarks 2 days later, for goodness sake don't ruin the show the next day.

It is the easiest thing to repudiate Nazis. That he has such a hard time doing it speaks volumes. And the decent people that were marching in Charlottsville? Let's backtrack:

The term "Alt Right" was coined by the Alt Right themselves. It was not made up by MSM or leftists. The Charlottesville "protest" was to unite the alt right, and was pinned on r/the_donald, and other alt right havens. The Alt Right was marching with the Nazis, under the same flags and banners. That s because the alt Right *is* the identity politics of white supremacists. Steve Banon himself called his site the home of the Alt Right. Banon is a senior adviser to Trump. Trump was hesitant to condemn and disavow white supremacists during his campaign, and Banon said it was because "the racist stuff didn't affect the polls."

This is no conspiracy theory stuff. This is Trump straight up defending the "good people" in the Alt Right, who are one and the same as the Nazi KKK. He is your president. You are defending him. You are defending a man who is mainstreaming people who want you dead.

And please, don't "what about" me when we're talking about Nazis.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: August 15, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »

Anyone that looks at the site should be mortified.

And the name...how much hatred did the  Stromer bring to the Jews in Germany. It brought chills down my back.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: August 15, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »
Apparently you are missing more than just a few pages of an online thread, but all of history and common sense.It's not the MSM. Its everyone. Almost every republican politician, not to mention every centrist and lefty. People across the board are disgusted and horrified.Well, yes, I guess he did say that. But that's not all he said. And it's not all he didn't say.Really? You think the President of the United States mainstreaming Nazis is about "political correctness"? This kind of moral equivalency is the type of thing we abhor when it's done by others against Israel and Jews.

Just as a reminder, civil rights for blacks is not that old. It's pretty recent. Our parents grew up in the times of segregation. If you for a second believe racism is over in this country, you're disingenuous at best, most likely a racist. This is to say, BLM as a grassroots movement is based on legitimate concerns and grievances. It is not a form of racist identity politics. True, BLM became a racist organization, but countless people who believe they are part of BLM mean to be part of #blm and not BLM Inc.

The white supremacists have no such grievances. They are purely and simply a hate group. You don't march with tiki torches and swastikas chanting "Jews will not replace us" because you're upset about illegal immigration or a Confederate monument coming down. You march waving Nazi flags because you believe @ilherman and blacks are inferior and don't deserve to live.

To compare Obama mentioning BLM to what trump did today is sickening and disgusting. And I say that believing that Obama exploited racial politics for his gain.

Then, a woman was murdered by one of those people.

To make like these are innocents who were just marching is to ignore American history. As mentioned, most of domestic terrorism is committed by white supremacists.

Did Antifa come looking for a fight? Probably. But "he started it" is appropriate for fights over Lego blocks and crayons.

When you are the president of the country responding to an act of terrorism, you call out the terrorists unequivocally, without hesitation, and without obfuscation. In the case you don't, and need to correct yourself struggling to read prepared remarks 2 days later, for goodness sake don't ruin the show the next day.

It is the easiest thing to repudiate Nazis. That he has such a hard time doing it speaks volumes. And the decent people that were marching in Charlottsville? Let's backtrack:

The term "Alt Right" was coined by the Alt Right themselves. It was not made up by MSM or leftists. The Charlottesville "protest" was to unite the alt right, and was pinned on r/the_donald, and other alt right havens. The Alt Right was marching with the Nazis, under the same flags and banners. That s because the alt Right *is* the identity politics of white supremacists. Steve Banon himself called his site the home of the Alt Right. Banon is a senior adviser to Trump. Trump was hesitant to condemn and disavow white supremacists during his campaign, and Banon said it was because "the racist stuff didn't affect the polls."

This is no conspiracy theory stuff. This is Trump straight up defending the "good people" in the Alt Right, who are one and the same as the Nazi KKK. He is your president. You are defending him. You are defending a man who is mainstreaming people who want you dead.

And please, don't "what about" me when we're talking about Nazis.
Trumps job is not to denounce groups before knowing facts. Watch Hannity tonight with 4 examples how BHO making conclusions in 4 high profile cases. And it caused chaos. Though he did the most he could at the time and denounced hatred on both sides.  Trumps finally denounced the hate groups but the bottom line what he needs to call out is hate.   And I'll quote Henche  There is moral equivalency for the relevant acts, which is getting together, year after year, to fight each other in us cities.  That one group is objectively worse is not relevant

And since There is moral equivalency for the relevant acts the president is here do denounce them equally.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: August 15, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »
You do know he's of little relevance anymore, right ? Other than CM & MSM nobody really cares much about him anymore. But he really appreciates the attention y'all give him.
How about this guy? How many more do I need to post before you see the light?

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist leader who participated in the weekend’s demonstrations and vowed to flood Charlottesville with similar protests in the coming weeks, was equally encouraged. “Trump’s statement was fair and down to earth,” Mr. Spencer tweeted.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13110 on: August 15, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »
How about this guy? How many more do I need to post before you see the light?

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist leader who participated in the weekend’s demonstrations and vowed to flood Charlottesville with similar protests in the coming weeks, was equally encouraged. “Trump’s statement was fair and down to earth,” Mr. Spencer tweeted.
another guy that will be gaining lots of new fans thanks to all this attention. I've been following him for quite some time. He's loving the cameras. Most people never heard of him until now.

ETA he's also criticized Trump many times
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:18:05 PM by TimT »

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: August 15, 2017, 11:13:34 PM »
If Donald Trump banned Bris Milah, I am confident some DDFers would still support him.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: August 15, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »
another guy that will be gaining lots of new fans thanks to all this attention. I've been following him for quite some time. He's loving the cameras. Most people never heard of him until now.

ETA he's also criticized Trump many times
So who do you consider the big boys in the hate movement?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: August 15, 2017, 11:23:22 PM »
If Donald Trump banned Bris Milah, I am confident some DDFers would still support him.
...but he would do it for medical reasons.  :)

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »
...but he would do it for medical reasons.  :)
He would do it because he first has to research all the facts.  ::)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: August 15, 2017, 11:27:44 PM »
He would do it because he first has to research all the facts.  ::)
His research would show that both sides are at fault.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #13116 on: August 15, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »
Trumps job is not to denounce groups before knowing facts. Watch Hannity tonight with 4 examples how BHO making conclusions in 4 high profile cases. And it caused chaos. Though he did the most he could at the time and denounced hatred on both sides.  Trumps finally denounced the hate groups but the bottom line what he needs to call out is hate.   And I'll quote Henche  There is moral equivalency for the relevant acts, which is getting together, year after year, to fight each other in us cities.  That one group is objectively worse is not relevant

And since There is moral equivalency for the relevant acts the president is here do denounce them equally.

The idea that Trump needs to think before opening his mouth? I mean please, even his biggest supporters loved him for the fact that he has no filter and "tells it like it is."

Trump worrying about causing chaos? What rock have you been living under.

Trump needs to condemn hate and not name names? Well geez, when did that change? That is one of Trump's - and the right's - biggest talking points. Rightly so, IMHO. If you can't recognize the evil and name it, you can't fight it.

But anyway, he did NOT condemn them equally on both sides. He made a half hearted comment about bigotry and said "both sides" with a wave like  a parent patronizing squabbling siblings. If he wanted to condemn hate and bigotry from both sides, he could have easily spelled out K.K.K. and A.N.T.I.F.A.

If he did indeed sufficiently condemn both sides initially, why then did he do his condemnation 2.0 yesterday? He certainly couldn't care less about what the press was saying - he tells it like it is without worrying about being PC, remember?

It's because he wasn't condemning anyone the first time round. He was doing the same thing he has done numerous times previously when faced with condemning the Alt Right - delay delay delay delay delay until he finally condemns. That way he gets his condemnation in, and also gets the Alt Right to believe, rightly, that he was only doing it for the press, but doesn't really mean it.

Today, his off script outburst revealed that to be true. He spoke about the good of the Alt Right not because he wants to ALSO condemn Antifa, but because he supports the identity politics of the Alt Right.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: August 15, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »
Watch Hannity...
WOW!!! That says it all in a nutshell. You are so far gone I am afraid there is no help for you.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:07 PM »
Did anyone call on Obama to denounce this?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/02/27/us/kkk-rally-in-anaheim-violence/index.html
Or this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/07/19/us/south-carolina-kkk-black-panther-rally/index.html
And the list goes on.

I am not discussing whether Obama was good about this or not since that is irrelevant. The point is more that then none of the self righteous media cared.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:35:41 PM by aygart »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: August 15, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »