Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3833680 times)

Offline aro123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #13700 on: September 14, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »
1. Everyone knew from day 1 he wouldn't deport 11 million immigrants. We all acknowledged that.

2. Seriously, you guys are turning because he refuses to round up the children?

If he deports the criminals and secures the border, I'm a happy man.
Maybe he can't deport them but this is giving them a pathway to citizenship.  He was the only Republican that said no to citizenship and that s why we voted for him.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: September 14, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Wow, if he lost the henche vote, what's left?
All those that want a president that'll reach across the aisle to get things done. Of course

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: September 14, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
I wanted the border secured, that's all.  The obvious trade was amnesty for border security.  But he's giving up the amnesty, and not getting border security.

Seriously, are there actually people out there who don't want border security?  Who think it is good that anyone willing to pay the cartel can get into the country?

Who think it is ok that we have the cartel operating our border, and killing anyone who crosses without paying their fees? And raping little girls along the way, just for funsies? 

I mean, I get the political class who will do anything to import more democrat voters, and I get the rich liberals who live in their little castles in their white neigborhoods who don't care anything as long as they import more democrat voters.  But normal people who actually think as a matter of policy that it's ok to have a noncontrolled border?   That I don't get.

FWIW, I'm fairly progressive and I don't understand the opposition to a border fence. It's ok for a country to have a border.  I think the emotional reaction is that the feeling during the elcetion was (and maybe it turned out to be correct) that he wasn't going to actually put up a fence but he was rather using it as a codeword to stir up anti-immigrant, anti-other sentiment. 

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: September 14, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
FWIW, I'm fairly progressive and I don't understand the opposition to a border fence.  I think the emotional reaction is that the feeling was (and maybe it turned out to be correct) that he wasn't going to actually put up a fence but he was using it as a codeword to stir up anti-immigrant, anti-other sentiment.

Well, we thought you were using the fence to stir up anti-Trump sentiment by pretending that you thought he was racist, as you do with every single person who disagrees with you on anything under the sun.

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: September 14, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
Well, we thought you were using the fence to stir up anti-Trump sentiment by pretending that you thought he was racist, as you do with every single person who disagrees with you on anything under the sun.

/gun smoking
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: September 14, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »

I don't think he or all of his followers are racists.  I think he needs the support of racists and uses racial issues to build his popularity.  Obama used racial issues for his own gain too but wasn't on the KKK's side. 

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: September 14, 2017, 11:52:48 AM »
1. Everyone knew from day 1 he wouldn't deport 11 million immigrants. We all acknowledged that.

2. Seriously, you guys are turning because he refuses to round up the children?

If he deports the criminals and secures the border, I'm a happy man.

No, people are turning because he is doing exactly what he attacked Marco Rubio for, except that he's not going to end up getting anything in return. At the best he'll get one year of border security funding in exchange for permanent amnesty.

The "deport 11 million" is a strawman argument and you know it. If E-verify and (permanent) border security is properly put in place and made manditory, there will be no incentive for illegal immigration and eventually then there can be a discussion about what to do about those that haven't gone back to their country of citizenship.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: September 14, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »
I wanted the border secured, that's all.  The obvious trade was amnesty for border security.  But he's giving up the amnesty, and not getting border security.

Seriously, are there actually people out there who don't want border security?  Who think it is good that anyone willing to pay the cartel can get into the country?

Who think it is ok that we have the cartel operating our border, and killing anyone who crosses without paying their fees? And raping little girls along the way, just for funsies? 

I mean, I get the political class who will do anything to import more democrat voters, and I get the rich liberals who live in their little castles in their white neigborhoods who don't care anything as long as they import more democrat voters.  But normal people who actually think as a matter of policy that it's ok to have a noncontrolled border?   That I don't get.

I don't think anyone thinks it is ok, but Democrats are not afraid to use something that we should all agree on (border security) as leverage to achieve their political goals. It's about time that Republicans grow a pair, and do the same with DACA.

Trump supporters thought he was  the guy to do that and that was pretty much the only reason to vote for him ("He fights"). What we all knew and they are now realizing is that Trump does whatever will get him attention and praise amongst his liberal NY friends and the media.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: September 14, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
I don't think anyone thinks it is ok, but Democrats are not afraid to use something that we should all agree on (border security) as leverage to achieve their political goals. It's about time that Republicans grow a pair, and do the same with DACA.

Trump supporters thought he was  the guy to do that and that was pretty much the only reason to vote for him ("He fights"). What we all knew and they are now realizing is that Trump does whatever will get him attention and praise amongst his liberal NY friends and the media.

Yah. He didn't want to be a president who would just be scandal and scandal and nothing gets done.  He was willing to sign any bill the GOP sent him,  but they too pathetic to pass anything. 

I don't think that absolved him at all of selling out the country and his voters, but I get what's pushing him

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #13709 on: September 14, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
I have no issue with him bringing Dems to the table since he will not be able to pass anything R only. The big question is what the final agreement will be. We have yet to see what that is from any real source and Trump is claiming that there is no agreement at all at this time.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: September 14, 2017, 01:26:56 PM »
Can you guys all hold off for a few minutes? I need to make some more popcorn!!!  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #13714 on: September 14, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
Can you guys all hold off for a few minutes? I need to make some more popcorn!!!  :)
Sure

Offline henche

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: September 14, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
Sure
What's up? Glad to see you pop in. Anything to add?  :)

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:31 PM »
Does it make sense that he's just getting the Republicans nervous about working with d Ms that they get their act together?

Example: A new bill on health care?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: September 14, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »
Does it make sense that he's just getting the Republicans nervous about working with d Ms that they get their act together?

Example: A new bill on health care?
I would have to think he was a smart person then, NOT!!!  :)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: September 14, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »
Until next Wednesday?