Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3861355 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #19440 on: April 11, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »
If you want post a link the least you can do is make sure it works. Do make us jump through hoops. That seems like common sense.

I had no issue getting to the article through google with this search

https://www.google.com/search?q=monmouth+university+fox+news&oq=monmouth+university+fox+news&aqs=chrome..69i57.9285j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you are having issues i can make suggestions how to get around it such as using incognito but cannot do much if I can't replicate the issue.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19441 on: April 11, 2018, 10:16:17 AM »
I tried but can't get to the WP link you posted.
Fox News host Howard Kurtz blasted reports that said his Sunday show mistakenly posted a graphic that showed the cable network is less trusted than its competitors.

“The Associated Press should be embarrassed by a story that utterly distorts what happened yesterday on my program ‘Media Buzz,’ ” Kurtz wrote Monday on Facebook. The news agency had published a story with the headline, “Fox News mistakenly posts graphic showing it lags in trust,” which has since been corrected.

On Sunday, Kurtz had been talking about a new Monmouth University poll on “fake news” and American trust in the media when a graphic appeared on-screen.

“Do the media report fake news regularly or occasionally,” Kurtz said. “Seventy-seven percent say yes.”

“WHO DO YOU TRUST MORE?” the graphic's banner said, and listed Fox News at 30 percent, while competitors CNN and MSNBC came in at 48 percent and 45 percent respectively.

Kurtz quickly noticed.

“This is not the graphic we’re looking for,” he said. “Hold off. Take that down please.”

[ Tony Robbins suggested #MeToo was about ‘victimhood.’ Now he’s apologizing. ]

The poll numbers were on air for less than six seconds, enough time for plenty of other people to take note.

CNN host Chris Cuomo also picked up on the news, sharing a Raw Story headline reading: “Watch Fox host Howard Kurtz panic after graphic shows Fox News is least trusted network.”

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
 'Take that down!': Watch Fox host Howard Kurtz after graphic shows Fox News least trusted https://www.rawstory.com/?p=1251289  via rawstory  haha aside, the real ‘raw’ story is from Trump on down the main political currency is tearing down anything you disagree with as fake.

8:03 PM - Apr 8, 2018

‘Take that down!’: Watch Fox host Howard Kurtz panic after graphic shows Fox News is least trusted...
In what was undoubtedly a painful moment on Fox News this morning, media analyst Howard Kurtz frantically implored his producer to take down a graphic that showed Fox is the least trusted of the big...

rawstory.com
688 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Except that's not what the graphic shows.

The three cable networks were not being compared to each other; instead, poll respondents were asked to compare each network to Trump as a trusted source of information.

Monmouth found that 30 percent of people trust Fox News more than they trust President Trump; 20 percent of poll respondents said trust the president more than they do the network. Thirty-seven percent said they trust both equally.

As staff on the Trump administration continue to resign or be fired, President Trump is turning to a familiar arena to fill staff. (joyce koh/The Washington Post)

This is an obvious explanation: Fox’s viewership leans conservative, so it’s more likely to believe what Trump says — even more than its preferred cable news channel. That CNN and MSNBC viewers place more trust in their outlet over Trump is probably more a reflection of their viewers not trusting Trump rather than the relative quality of their journalism.

Fox News’s Twitter account shared the “Media Buzz” segment. (Watch the moment below beginning at the 1:58 mark.)

Fox News

@FoxNews
 .@FrankLuntz: "It's [@Potus's] own tweets that are causing so much of the trouble... He should be focused on the economy and on taxes." #MediaBuzz

11:25 AM - Apr 8, 2018
933 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
On Facebook, Kurtz explained what happened.

“During the segment, the control room mistakenly posted the graphic early, while I was dealing with the fake news questions. So I calmly asked that it be taken down,” Kurtz wrote. “About a minute later, I asked for the graphic to be put back on the screen and discussed the finding with my guest, pollster Frank Luntz.”

In a statement Monday, Kurtz told The Washington Post that he “was disappointed when I saw the AP story because I thought the journalists there had higher standards than to just recycle online partisan garbage without asking for comment. But I do appreciate the correction.”

AP spokeswoman Lauren Easton said in an email statement that the story “was corrected to show that the graphic was taken down because it was used in the wrong segment, and was used again on the show.”

Fox News was the most-watched basic cable network in the first quarter of 2018, followed by MSNBC, according to Adweek. CNN was seventh for the total day and 11th for prime time.

The Monmouth poll, published April 2, came with a dire message for journalists.

The percentage of Americans who say that traditional major television outlets and newspapers report “fake news” at least occasionally rose to 77 percent from 63 percent the year before, Monmouth said in a statement. “Fake news” isn’t just about factual errors but also applies to “how news outlets make editorial decisions about what they choose to report.”

“These findings are troubling, no matter how you define ‘fake news,’ ” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute. “Confidence in an independent Fourth Estate is a cornerstone of a healthy democracy. Ours appears to be headed for the intensive care unit.”

GU5SWR6NZI42VOMVD4VAID3IKI
A graphic that appeared during a segment of the Fox News show “Media Buzz” on Sunday.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19442 on: April 11, 2018, 10:30:31 AM »
Of course it is one thing for someone to post such a video on a forum where there are no journalistic standards expected. For the AP to just post it without doing any research as to whether or not the poll actually shows anything about the credibility of Fox News is part of the problem of why the media is losing credibility.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19443 on: April 11, 2018, 10:31:44 AM »
Fox News host Howard Kurtz blasted reports that said his Sunday show mistakenly posted a graphic that showed the cable network is less trusted than its competitors.
Thanks.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19444 on: April 11, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »
They are jumping ship left and right!!!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/paul-ryan-wont-seek-re-election/ar-AAvL073?ocid=ientp

Trump is toxic even to the R's.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19445 on: April 11, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Trump is toxic even especially to the R's.
FTFY

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19448 on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »
The fact is the only things Trump can get done (good and bad) is by executive order. When it comes to legislation he is clueless.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19449 on: April 11, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
The fact is the only things Trump can get done (good and bad) is by executive order. When it comes to legislation he is clueless.
+10000000000000

But not just executive order but also regulation.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19450 on: April 11, 2018, 02:34:44 PM »
Syria moving/hiding its military equipment. Why would the president telegraph what we are going to do?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19451 on: April 11, 2018, 03:47:59 PM »
Syria moving/hiding its military equipment. Why would the president telegraph what we are going to do?
I know you don't like comparing, but overall he's being a lot more discreet and unpredictable than his predecessor.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline precise

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19452 on: April 11, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
I thought he's playing with the Syrians/Russians, looks like he is playing with you!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #19453 on: April 11, 2018, 04:05:02 PM »
This is a whole long ongoing thread of his and the whole thing is worth seeing but here are a few.

[tweet]984150880562925568[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/984042118837612550

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/984091329956335616

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/984114855237046273

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19455 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:30 PM »
“you can run but you can’t hide!”

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19457 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
I thought he's playing with the Syrians/Russians, looks like he is playing with you!
Then he is a bigger idiot than I thought.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19458 on: April 11, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »
I know you don't like comparing, but overall he's being a lot more discreet and unpredictable than his predecessor.
Compare all you want. If your defense is the comparability then you are admitting defeat to the point being made.
When are you and the Trumpeters going realize I don't defend these other idiot decisions.

Offline aygart

• View Profile