Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3769234 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #21540 on: June 24, 2018, 09:05:33 PM »
You are flat out wrong about this. Do a search on social media and you will find it flooded with comparisons of Trump to Hitler. Former CIA chief Michael Hayden compared Trump’s zero tolerance policy to Auschwitz.

Racism has been taken out of context by the Left. Political correctness has now added new definitions. Racism means treating people differently because of their race or ethnicity. It does NOT mean that if you disagree with the politics of a Black man you are a racist, and it does not mean that if you don’t want people ILLEGALLY crossing the border you are racist.

The vast, vast VAST majority of illegals are NOT suffering from systematic genocide as Jews were suffering during WWII, they just don’t like living in a third world country and want a better life. There is nothing wrong with that, but they need to GET IN LINE with everyone else. Asylum seekers need to come through a port of entry.

Calling Trump a racist for enforcing the LAW of the land is the epitome of stupid. The media created a dangerous hysteria that led to people actually calling for attacks on ICE agents, because well, if they are Nazi’s, then we must kill them.
On that note
Laura Ingalls Wilder's name pulled from library award over 'stereotypical attitudes' in her popular books

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/24/laura-ingalls-wilders-name-pulled-from-library-award-over-stereotypical-attitudes-in-her-popular-books.html
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21541 on: June 24, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »
Sounds like he is biased for not answering the first question. He went to the school of @aygart for answering questions.

Try and spin this anyway you want and the fact is still separating children from their mothers is unamerican and a losing situation as Trump learned the hard way. He might be able to shoot an innocent person on 5th ave but he can't separate family's and get away with it.
If an American would send their daughter from NY to Chicago under such conditions what do you think would happen to them?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21542 on: June 24, 2018, 10:27:10 PM »
If an American would send their daughter from NY to Chicago under such conditions what do you think would happen to them?
Don't know and don't care. What I do know and care about is American values. I understand you what to spin it because this president is a disgrace to American values. Keep defending him.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21543 on: June 24, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »
Don't know and don't care. What I do know and care about is American values. I understand you what to spin it because this president is a disgrace to American values. Keep defending him.
I don't know what you are talking about because I have mostly agreed with you about this topic.

But that you don't care about the kids going through such conditions is very telling.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:49:21 PM by aygart »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21544 on: June 24, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
I don't know what you are talking about because I have mostly agreed with you about this topic.
The only topic is separating mothers from their children. You keep bringing up this other stuff.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21545 on: June 24, 2018, 10:51:45 PM »
The only topic is separating mothers from their children. You keep bringing up this other stuff.
I have no obligation to only discuss the one topic that you are interested just because you feel will embarrass Trump.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21546 on: June 24, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »
I have no obligation to only discuss the one topic that you are interested just because you feel will embarrass Trump.
Fair enough. I didn't you would want to discuss something embarrassing Trump.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21547 on: June 24, 2018, 11:14:24 PM »
Fair enough. I didn't you would want to discuss something embarrassing Trump.
I've discussed things embarrassing Trump including this topic. Go look back at who mentioned Melania's jacket. There is no reason it needs to be exclusive. Unlike what you seem to feel, I don't think everything is about Trump. He is a mere freakshow on the side and at best a distraction.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21549 on: June 25, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21550 on: June 25, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Fair enough. How about the question I added.

You asked:

"Let me throw in a question. When you refer to the FBI agents who served a legal search warrant on Cohen as "stormtroppers" were they talking about the Star Wars film or the Nazi's?"

First, I never referred to them that way personally, but if you mean generally, there is a clear difference between using Nazi comparisons cynically and using them realistically.

When Seinfeld calls an angry chef a "soup Nazi" it's obvious cynicism. Everyone gets that it doesn't literally mean he's a Nazi, but rather a mean guy. I called many of my teachers Nazis. Doesn't mean I really believe they are Nazis.

When comparing Trump and ICE to Hitler, members of the media, congress and other officials are saying openly that these are Nazi tactics and that this is exactly what the Nazis did. Hitler rose to power in the exact same way Trump is etc. Many people actually believe this as a REALITY and call for targeting members of ICE and their families and the Trump family. My more Liberal friends on FB and Twitter are saying that we as Jews can't stand by because we are next. They literally believe that the Trump admin are Nazis and that fascism is taking over.

Steve Scalise already got shot and almost killed. It's only a matter of time before a Leftist loonbag decides he needs to kill more Nazis to save America.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21551 on: June 25, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
Steve Scalise already got shot and almost killed. It's only a matter of time before a Leftist loonbag decides he needs to kill more Nazis to save America.
https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/status/1011007215463993344

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21552 on: June 25, 2018, 10:52:00 AM »
You asked:
1 - I didn't mean you. I was referring to the WH/legal counsel.
2 - Believing if they were cynically or realistic greatly depends on your point of view.
3 - Steve Scalise was not targeted because of any Nazi rhetoric.

Now another question to make my point. Was Gabby Giffords shot because R's put a target on D's?

In March, Palin released a map featuring 20 House Democrats that used crosshairs images to show their districts. Critics suggested at the time that she was inciting violence by using the crosshairs imagery and for later writing on Twitter to her supporters, "'Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!'"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:56:46 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #21553 on: June 25, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
1 - I didn't mean you. I was referring to the WH/legal counsel.
2 - Believing if they were cynically or realistic greatly depends on your point of view.

Now another question to make my point. Was Gabby Giffords shot because R's put a target on D's?

In March, Palin released a map featuring 20 House Democrats that used crosshairs images to show their districts. Critics suggested at the time that she was inciting violence by using the crosshairs imagery and for later writing on Twitter to her supporters, "'Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!'"

Gabby Giffords was shot by a schizophrenic man who had NO party affiliations and never declared that he shot her for any political reasons. He became obsessed with her personally. The Sara Palin map had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting, it was a hoax that the media introduced. Steve Scalise was shot by a man who OPENLY stated that he is shooting them because they are Republican.

We don't need to argue about point of view. The proof is in the pudding. Leftists are openly calling for intimidation of ICE officials and their families and openly calling for driving out members of the Trump administration from their businesses. Conservatives are NOT doing that. (... yet. But I assure you that they will, because if you can kick someone out of your business for political beliefs, then it goes both ways)

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #21554 on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:05 AM »
From Ben Shapiro today:

While we've been hearing for weeks about President Trump's supposedly Nazi-esque border policy, Waters’ preferred tactic has actually been frequently used by fascist groups in order to intimidate others into silence. Here’s a quote from Richard Evans’ magisterial work on the rise of the Nazis, The Coming Of The Third Reich, considering the treatment of Social Democrat Reichstag deputy Otto Buchwitz in Silesia:

Brownshirts occupied the seats at his meetings, shouted insults at him, and on one occasion fired a shot at him, causing mass panic amongst his listeners and leading to a brawl in which more shots were fired by both stormtroopers and Reichsbanner men. Several Nazis and Social Democrats had to be taken to hospital, and not a single table or chair in the hall was left intact. After this, gangs of eight to ten Nazi stormtroopers harassed Buchwitz outside his house when he left for work in the morning, twenty or more crowded round him when he came back to his office after lunch, and between one and two hundred hassled him on the way home, singing a specially composed song with the words "When the revolvers are shot, Buchwitz’ll cop the lot!" Nazi demonstrations always halted outside his house, chanting "Death to Buchwitz!"

Public confrontations over politics are a dangerous business. And encouraging such confrontations is part of the problem.

Here’s the basic rule for a civilized society: you have the right to refuse service to anyone you choose (and yes, that applies to the Red Hen); that person has the right to criticize you (yes, that applies to Sarah Huckabee Sanders); you have the right to protest any public official in a public setting. You do not have the right to invade someone else’s property to harass someone dining in a public place or to harass people at their homes, as with Nielsen. Waters’ approach is far worse than that of the Red Hen. And every Democrat should be asked whether they agree with her intimidation tactics.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21555 on: June 25, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
Gabby Giffords was shot by a schizophrenic man who had NO party affiliations and never declared that he shot her for any political reasons. He became obsessed with her personally. The Sara Palin map had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting, it was a hoax that the media introduced. Steve Scalise was shot by a man who OPENLY stated that he is shooting them because they are Republican.

We don't need to argue about point of view. The proof is in the pudding. Leftists are openly calling for intimidation of ICE officials and their families and openly calling for driving out members of the Trump administration from their businesses. Conservatives are NOT doing that. (... yet. But I assure you that they will, because if you can kick someone out of your business for political beliefs, then it goes both ways)
Everything in your posts is pro right and anti left.

I am not saying the SP map had anything to do with the shooting. That type of rhetoric is unacceptable as is comparing Trump to "H". This is why they call me Mr Goalpost.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:48 AM »
Everything in your posts is pro right and anti left.

I am not saying the SP map had anything to do with the shooting. That type of rhetoric is unacceptable as is comparing Trump to "H". This is why they call me Mr Goalpost.
Then why did you ask that question if you know that the connection is nothing more than a malicious lie?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21557 on: June 25, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

Source that the over-the-top rhetoric was not a cause?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/06/gop-baseball-suspect-committed-act-of-terrorism-fueled-by-rage-against-republican-legislators/
Hodgkinson’s social media profile was filled with violent-sounding rhetoric against the Republican Party, TheDC previously reported. “It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co,” Hodgkinson wrote in one post. He also belonged to several anti-GOP groups on Facebook, including one called “Terminate The Republican Party.” The members of that group celebrated Hodgkinson’s mass assassination attempt.

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: June 25, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »
Then why did you ask that question if you know that the connection is nothing more than a malicious lie?
You find out the view of others by the way they answer questions.