Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3830856 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #21700 on: June 27, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »
Democrats and Republicans should reject any nominee who won't uphold our Constitution and our basic human rights, and who would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Elections have consequences. The last Supreme Court vacancy was brazenly stolen by shameless Republican leaders with no respect for American democracy. We cannot let that happen again. This November, you won't just be deciding the next Congress, you will be deciding the direction America goes in for the next half-century.

If the last year and a half have made you angry, there's something you can do right now: Donate $3 before Saturday's deadline to help elect Democrats up and down the ballot.

Let's go,

Tom

Tom Perez
Chair
Democratic National Committee
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21701 on: June 27, 2018, 08:50:31 PM »
$3? They must be D's!
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21702 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »
$3? They must be D's!
The R fundraisers are the same.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21704 on: June 27, 2018, 10:56:23 PM »

It is very scary that so many people are ready to depose the elected president so easily.

Trump has a lot to do with the polarization of politics...

White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney describing the need for government reform at a Thursday meeting of the President’s cabinet:

If you make a cheese pizza, it’s governed by the Food and Drug Administration. If you put a pepperoni on it, that’s governed by the USDA. If you have a chicken, it’s governed by the USDA. If that chicken lays an egg, it’s governed by the FDA. But if you break the egg and make it into an omelet, that is now covered again by the USDA.

If you have an open-face roast beef sandwich, that’s one or the other. But if you put the bread on top of it, it’s the other one. A hot dog -- the hot dog meat is governed by one. You put it in a bun, it’s governed by the other. One of my favorites: If you have a saltwater fish -- you have a salmon, and it’s in the ocean, it’s governed by the Department of Commerce. Once it swims up river, it’s governed by the Department of the Interior. And to get there, it has to go up a fish ladder governed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers...

A long time ago, when I was 15 years old, I worked in a freezer for a guy that made frozen pizzas... Put yourself in that guy’s business. And one day he’s making cheese pizzas, and in the afternoon, he’s going to make pepperoni. He’s got an entirely different federal agency to deal with, an entirely different process...

We talked about... the Department of Education and the Department of Labor being merged. We think that makes tremendous sense because what are they both doing? They’re doing the same thing. They’re trying to get people ready for the workforce. Sometimes that’s education, sometimes it’s vocational training. But we’re all doing the same thing, so why not put them in the same place?... We don’t even know how many job training programs we have. Some people think it’s 40, some people think it’s 46, some people think it’s 47.

Interesting

At least he can name the agencies he wants to eliminate.

LOL

What is obvious is you not answering the original question and going on one of your spin cycles. Your new name should be Mr Washing Machine.

Giving your opponents names...now who does that remind me of...

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1011264189850161152
Contrast that to
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1011295779422695424

+

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21705 on: June 27, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »

...but I love when the decisions are 6-3 or better. Even when I disagree I realize I must be wrong. 5-4 along party lines gives me no confidence in the decision.

The problem is that the feet aren't equal.

CMIIW, but how often do we see a D appointee voting the other way (like Roberts did with the ACA)? It seems like the D appointees are much more loyal to the cause of their party, whereas some R appointees, while conservative in nature, aren't 100% predictable. Can you show me a mirror image of what Sotomayor did? (I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just unfamiliar and asking).

I would agree with this. While Kennedy and ,(sometimes) Roberts would side with the Ds,  the Liberal judges don't side with the conservatives on political issues.

You have to be joking. Middle class workers owe every gain it has ever made to unions. I am no big union fan but you can't deny their accomplishments for the middle class and even all workers.

That might be historically true. But do they serve a purpose in today's day and age, or are they just a drag on the economy? Especially public unions, that suck everything out of politicians who know they won't be around when it's reckoning time.

+ and for child labor we have labor laws...

Democrats and Republicans should reject any nominee who won't uphold our Constitution and our basic human rights, and who would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Elections have consequences. The last Supreme Court vacancy was brazenly stolen by shameless Republican leaders with no respect for American democracy. We cannot let that happen again. This November, you won't just be deciding the next Congress, you will be deciding the direction America goes in for the next half-century.

If the last year and a half have made you angry, there's something you can do right now: Donate $3 before Saturday's deadline to help elect Democrats up and down the ballot.

Let's go,

Tom

Tom Perez
Chair
Democratic National Committee

$3? They must be D's!

LOL

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: June 28, 2018, 06:16:39 AM »
https://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1302&context=facpub

This is authored by the National Legal Director of the ACLU.  There is probably a more right wing take on this but I have not been able to find it.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: June 28, 2018, 09:58:28 AM »
So Trump hires Bill Shine who was kicked out by FOX for covering up sexual harassment. Seems like a perfect fit for the WH!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: June 28, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »
How can anyone have confidence in a moron making decisions for our country who can't accept reality?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1012295859072126977

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: June 28, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »
WOW!
https://www.axios.com/trump-effect-92-percent-republicans-media-fake-news-9c1bbf70-0054-41dd-b506-0869bb10f08c.html

Bad intentions: Among those that think traditional news outlets report false news, most think they do so intentionally.More than two-thirds (65%) say fake news is usually reported because “people have an agenda.”Roughly one-third (30%) believe such information is shared due to laziness or “poor fact-checking.”Hardly anyone (3%) thinks that fake news makes headlines by accident

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
I don't expect you to understand anything about unions.
That is a satire account. Think of it as The Onion.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: June 28, 2018, 11:40:10 AM »
That is a satire account. Think of it as The Onion.
Then why post that carp?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: June 28, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »
Then why post that carp?
It was still humorous and does make a good point.
You are correct that I don't fully get unions, but I do see their detrimental effect regarding energy efficiency projects all the time. I do realize that there are positive effects which they have which may be very important and i am not realizing. I do understand some of the importance of unions but can't imagine that I understand the full picture.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: June 28, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
It was still humorous and does make a good point.
You are correct that I don't fully get unions, but I do see their detrimental effect regarding energy efficiency projects all the time. I do realize that there are positive effects which they have which may be very important and i am not realizing. I do understand some of the importance of unions but can't imagine that I understand the full picture.
You posted it because you believe what it says just like most of your stuff. Then you try and hide and say you are not a BIG Trump supporter. This is why I use the term "closet Trumpster" for you.

It makes no point at all. It is red meat for the base. I guess you are part of that base?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: June 28, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
You posted it because you believe what it says just like most of your stuff. Then you try and hide and say you are not a BIG Trump supporter. This is why I use the term "closet Trumpster" for you.

It makes no point at all. It is red meat for the base. I guess you are part of that base?

Blah blah. I am anti almost anything involving coersion. That seems to be pitting me against liberal policies very often these days.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: June 28, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
Blah blah.
You can't dispute the facts so you give this nonsense. Go back at look at your last 10, 50, 100 posts in this thread. See which way they lean and get back to me.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: June 28, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
You can't dispute the facts so you give this nonsense. Go back at look at your last 10, 50, 100 posts in this thread. See which way they lean and get back to me.
They most definitely lean conservative.