Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3771501 times)

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #22080 on: July 10, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
You are so messed up it is ridicules. You really need help!!!
Do you have any real answers, or is everything going to be personal attacks?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22081 on: July 10, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
Do you have any real answers, or is everything going to be personal attacks?
You can't grasp simple known facts. Sweatshops are outlawed because they are terrible. You need to understand the fact that sweatshops should never be allowed and work forward. You keep trying to come up with reasons to justify them.

I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #22082 on: July 10, 2018, 10:55:06 AM »
Possibly some.
Can you point to anywhere that actually happened?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22083 on: July 10, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Like an automated factory?
You really think that the alternative to sweatshops is automation? You need to get out there a bit!

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22084 on: July 10, 2018, 11:05:35 AM »
You can't grasp simple known facts. Sweatshops are outlawed because they are terrible. You need to understand the fact that sweatshops should never be allowed and work forward. You keep trying to come up with reasons to justify them.
Surgery should be banned too, how dare someone cut a child.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22085 on: July 10, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »
You are being stupid. Stop just blindly accepting the premise fed to you by conservatives!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22086 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
You just proved my point. You can't accept facts about simple human decency. Then you wonder why I question your motives.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22087 on: July 10, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
You just proved my point. You can't accept facts about simple human decency. Then you wonder why I question your motives.
Now you're justifying cutting children?

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22088 on: July 10, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
You are being stupid. Stop just blindly accepting the premise fed to you by conservatives!
I still haven't heard any solid arguments on why it's not true. "Children should never be exploited" and the likes do not disprove my point.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22089 on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:51 AM »
I still haven't heard any solid arguments on why it's not true. "Children should never be exploited" and the likes do not disprove my point.
Can you give any examples of where what you are saying actually happened? How about cases where the lack of sweatshops made the entire country better off? You need to check you premise!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22090 on: July 10, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »
Now you're justifying cutting children?
Lets use your asinine logic.
You would rather see Jews go to a concentration camp than to their death in the gas chamber.

Now my logic. Both are 100% wrong and unacceptable. Any attempt by me to justify or reason why we need concentration camps makes me worse than those who did it.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22091 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »
Can you give any examples of where what you are saying actually happened?
Here is an example of where stopping child labor in sweatshops made them worse off http://origin-www.unicef.org/spanish/publications/files/pub_sowc97_en.pdf Page 60
An Agreement In Bangledesh
An important initiative to protect child workers is unfolding in Bangladesh. The country’s powerful garment industry is committing itself to some dramatic new measures by an agreement signed in 1995. The country is one of the world’s major garment exporters, and the industry, which employs over a million workers, most of them women, also employed child labour. In 1992, between 50,000 and 75,000 of its workforce were children under 14, mainly girls. The children were illegally employed according to national law, but the situation captured little attention, in Bangladesh or elsewhere, until the garment factories began to hide the children from United States buyers or lay off the children, following the introduction of the Child Labor Deterrence Act in 1992 by US Senator Tom Harkin. The Bill would have prohibited the importation into the US of goods made using child labour. Then, when Senator Harkin reintroduced the Bill the following year, the impact was far more devastating:garment employers dismissed an estimated 50,000 children from their factories, approximately 75 per cent of all children in the industry. The consequences for the dismissedchildren and their parents were not anticipated. The children may have been freed, but at the same time they were trapped in a harsh environment with no skills, little or no education, and precious few alternatives. Schools were either inaccessible, useless or costly. A series of follow-up visits by UNICEF, local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) discovered that children went looking for new sources of income, and found them in work such as stone-crushing, street hustling and prostitution — all of them more hazardous and exploitative than garment production. In several cases, the mothers of dismissed children had to leave their jobs in order to look after their children. Out of this unhappy situation and after two years of difficult negotiations, a formal Memorandum of Understanding was signed in July 1995 by the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), and the UNICEF and ILO offices in Bangladesh. The resulting programme was to be funded by these three organizations. BGMEA alone has committed about $1 million towards the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding. Under the terms of the agreement, four key provisions were formulated:
• the removal of all under-age workers — those below 14 — within a period of four months;
• no further hiring of under-age children;
• the placement of those children removed from the garment factories in appropriate educational programmes with a monthly stipend;
• the offer of the children’s jobs to qualified adult family members.
The Memorandum of Understanding explicitly directed factory owners, in the best interests of these children, not to dismiss any child workers until a factory survey was completed and alternative arrangements could be made for the freed children....
How about cases where the lack of sweatshops made the entire country better off? You need to check you premise!
Can you bring any examples where the lack of sweatshops made them better off before the country was developed?

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22092 on: July 10, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
You would rather see Jews go to a concentration camp than to their death in the gas chamber
Don't force them to do anything, and they won't have to pick either of your options.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22093 on: July 10, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
Don't force them to do anything, and they won't have to pick either of your options.
You are avoiding what really happened. You are for concentration camps. Does not get any worse than that!!!

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22094 on: July 10, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
You are avoiding what really happened. You are for concentration camps. Does not get any worse than that!!!
And you are for cutting up children.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22095 on: July 10, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
And you are for cutting up children.
To save their life, of course.
And as a self hating Jew you are for concentration camps.
Nice asinine logic you have or does it come from your deep rooted racism?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22096 on: July 10, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
Lets use your asinine logic.
You would rather see Jews go to a concentration camp than to their death in the gas chamber.

Now my logic. Both are 100% wrong and unacceptable. Any attempt by me to justify or reason why we need concentration camps makes me worse than those who did it.
Was Oskar Schindler's slave labor wrong?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #22097 on: July 10, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »
Here is an example of where stopping child labor in sweatshops made them worse off http://origin-www.unicef.org/spanish/publications/files/pub_sowc97_en.pdf Page 60  Can you bring any examples where the lack of sweatshops made them better off before the country was developed?
What seems to have happened there was more of an issue of going from 0 to 100 in one shot rather than an issue with what was done. Within 2 years it was all worked out. A bit of forethought would have left everyone better off and accomplished the goal without the shortcomings. The issue there was the implementation.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22098 on: July 10, 2018, 12:19:53 PM »
What seems to have happened there was more of an issue of going from 0 to 100 in one shot rather than an issue with what was done. Within 2 years it was all worked out. A bit of forethought would have left everyone better off and accomplished the goal without the shortcomings. The issue there was the implementation.
+1. The bottom line is that 'the alternative is worse' is clearly not a long-term answer, both in this discussion of sweatshops and for most problems in general. The fact that in a particular scenario the immediate alternative is worse does not absolve us of responsibility to address a current wrong.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22099 on: July 10, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
To save their life, of course.
And as a self hating Jew you are for concentration camps.
Nice asinine logic you have or does it come from your deep rooted racism?
I'm done.
@ChaimMoskowitz would still do it all in 1 day because exploitation of children is terrible. I'm not convinced that they really solved much, they now have to turn away any child who wants to work, leaving them in the same situation as the 50,000 referenced in that report, the only difference is that it's impossible to know what happened to the children who would have gone to work in the factories.