Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3772970 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #23380 on: September 02, 2018, 05:23:07 PM »
Did anyone discuss McCain's heroism at the funeral? The only quotes I am seeing anywhere are discussing how everyone took swipes at Trump.
WOW, did you watch the clips? Also I love how you say the swipes were at Trump. MAGA so called swipe was against millions of Americans that believe that BS.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #23381 on: September 02, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »
WOW, did you watch the clips? Also I love how you say the swipes were at Trump. MAGA so called swipe was against millions of Americans that believe that BS.
I did not get to the clips yet. That is all I see people talking about.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23382 on: September 02, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »
I did not get to the clips yet. That is all I see people talking about.
People are idiots.  :)
I have watched hours of speeches and only a few minutes were of what you would call shots at Trump.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23383 on: September 02, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
Guessing it will have zero affect on Trump.
"Do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist,” Ron Tibbetts writes in the Des Moines Register.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23384 on: September 02, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »
The racist can only hide for so long!!!

A Pennsylvania GOP official has resigned after she was caught repeatedly referring to black NFL players as “baboons” on Facebook in heated posts that ripped the Pittsburgh Steelers for kneeling during the national anthem.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #23385 on: September 02, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »
Overall, 60 percent of Americans disapprove of Trump’s job performance, with 36 percent approving, according to the poll.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-60-percent-disapprove-of-trump-while-clear-majorities-back-mueller-and-sessions/ar-BBMGZQx?ocid=spartandhp
Overall, 48 percent of Americans approve Trumps performance. Wow. Better than Obama at this point. Then again, compare a President with 2% GDP to one with 4 percent..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: September 02, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »
Overall, 48 percent of Americans approve Trumps performance. Wow. Better than Obama at this point. Then again, compare a President with 2% GDP to one with 4 percent..
Reading comprehension is not your strong point. Who cares about BO, he is not president.

Overall, 60 percent of Americans disapprove of Trump’s job performance, with 36 percent approving, according to the poll. This is only a slight shift from the last Post-ABC survey, in April, which measured Trump’s rating at 56 percent disapproval and 40 percent approval.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: September 02, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »
I guess they took their lead from "monkey up".

The calls, first reported Friday by the Tallahassee Democrat, featured a disclaimer saying they were paid for by the Idaho-based Neo-Nazi video podcast The Road to Power. Earlier this year, the podcast sponsored robocalls supporting failed California Senate candidate, white nationalist Patrick Little, according to Right Wing Watch. The podcast, which features Nazi imagery, anti-Semitic language, and anti-black violence, describes itself as “White Nationalist anti-jew.”

http://fortune.com/2018/09/02/andrew-gillum-florida-robocalls/

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: September 02, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Reading comprehension is not your strong point. Who cares about BO, he is not president.

Overall, 60 percent of Americans disapprove of Trump’s job performance, with 36 percent approving, according to the poll. This is only a slight shift from the last Post-ABC survey, in April, which measured Trump’s rating at 56 percent disapproval and 40 percent approval.
We're not up to Reading comprehension yet. We are still talking facts. 48 % approve the job he is doing. Period. Now just to add a tidbit, if you wonder why he is doing better than Obama, even though the fake news is working tirelessly to bring him down, it's because the people base their opinion based on things that actually matter. Like jobs and the economy.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23389 on: September 02, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
We're not up to Reading comprehension yet. We are still talking facts. 48 % approve the job he is doing. Period. Now just to add a tidbit, if you wonder why he is doing better than Obama, even though the fake news is working tirelessly to bring him down, it's because the people base their opinion based on things that actually matter. Like jobs and the economy.
I see you are still drinking the Hannity Kool-aid. Not sure where you are getting that number from. Is it from the same poll that has him at 50% disapproval? More people still disapprove of him even in your slanted poll.

Did you happen to catch any coverage of honoring a great AMERICAN HERO? Maybe you were playing golf like our coward president while this was going on?

Would you happen to be one of those she was talking about in her tribute to her great father?
"We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who lived lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served," she said.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:01:45 PM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #23390 on: September 02, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
I see you are still drinking the Hannity Kool-aid. Not sure where you are getting that number from. Is it from the same poll that has him at 50% disapproval? More people still disapprove of him even in your slanted poll.

Did you happen to catch any coverage of honoring a great AMERICAN HERO? Maybe you were playing golf like our coward president while this was going on?

Would you happen to one of those she was talking about in her tribute to her great father?
"We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who lived lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served," she said.

Why are you so hung up on nostalgia, rather than focusing on the bright future ahead of us. Which while shaped by a POTUS with an extremely brash style, is extremely encouraging with significant changes that we haven't seen in years out of Washington, such as originalist SCOTUS nominations, and PERMANENT business tax cuts.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: September 02, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »
Why are you so hung up on nostalgia, rather than focusing on the bright future ahead of us. Which while shaped by a POTUS with an extremely brash style, is extremely encouraging with significant changes that we haven't seen in years out of Washington, such as originalist SCOTUS nominations, and PERMANENT business tax cuts.
We are hung up on greatness. That is what we want and should demand in our leaders. You want to worry how much money is going in your pocket then go right ahead.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #23392 on: September 02, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »
We are hung up on greatness. That is what we want and should demand in our leaders. You want to worry how much money is going in your pocket then go right ahead.
1. Define "we".
2. Who said anything about money in my pocket?
3. I really didn't want to go there, but you're being nostalgic about something that ended in 2008. She could have said those same sentences at any point after 2008.

ETA: As to "want[ing] and demand[ing] greatness in our leaders", I refer you to the title of this thread. Expecting greatness from politicians, or even "non-politicians" is living in lala land. Get over it, you won't see it. Just make the best out of what we have.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:23:49 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23393 on: September 02, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »
1. Define "we".
2. Who said anything about money in my pocket?
3. I really didn't want to go there, but you're being nostalgic about something that ended in 2008. She could have said those same sentences at any point after 2008.

ETA: As to "want[ing] and demand[ing] greatness in our leaders", I refer you to the title of this thread. Expecting greatness from politicians, or even "non-politicians" is living in lala land. Get over it, you won't see it. Just make the best out of what we have.
To accept a despicable person like Trump is unacceptable. That is just the way I was raised. You can have the same SCOTUS picks and other things with Pence. You don't need this scumbag for that.
You really need to ask yourself why racist and anti-Semite groups are drawn to Trump.
Have no idea what you are talking about in 2008.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #23394 on: September 02, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »

To accept a despicable person like Trump is unacceptable. That is just the way I was raised. You can have the same SCOTUS picks and other things with Pence. You don't need this scumbag for that.
You really need to ask yourself why racist and anti-Semite groups are drawn to Trump.
I doubt you could have the same results with Pence. Sometimes you need the despicable individual there in order to get the good outcomes. We should be thankful that those outcomes are good.
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23395 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »
Sometimes you need the despicable individual there in order to get the good outcomes.
Is this something you learned or were you taught this?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #23396 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:48 PM »
Could Pence win a national election?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #23397 on: September 02, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »
Exactly my point.

And last I checked, the choice (for those in states where their vote made a difference) was between despicable Hillary and despicable Trump.
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23398 on: September 02, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »
Didn't we learn anyone can? At this point he doesn't need to win an election.
Maybe you might answer this since no one else will. Why are racist and anti-Semite groups drawn to Trump?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #23399 on: September 02, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »
I had written before that one would need to be crazy to run for president these days so is it such a surprise when the choices are crazy?