Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3832547 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #24840 on: October 04, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »
Racist! What happened to "content of their character rather than the color of their skin"?
As usual my point flew right over yours and others head because of your one track mind.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24841 on: October 04, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »
You want the FBI to investigate what a bunch of high school kids meant when they said "boof"?
Again you missed the point. It is not what he said but if he lied about what he said.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24842 on: October 04, 2018, 03:50:14 PM »
Again you missed the point. It is not what he said but if he lied about what he said.
problem is something like that is very arbitrary (cant think of a better word). you need to come up with something more substantial than that

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24843 on: October 04, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
problem is something like that is very arbitrary (cant think of a better word). you need to come up with something more substantial than that
True but easy to verify. In HS most hung out in cliques. By his testimony he was no different. If you ask five others in the clique what xyz meant and they all say the same thing then you have your answer. This isn't rocket science.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #24844 on: October 04, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
True but easy to verify. In HS most hung out in cliques. By his testimony he was no different. If you ask five others in the clique what xyz meant and they all say the same thing then you have your answer. This isn't rocket science.
c'mon that's not happening and he could always say I thought it meant something else...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24845 on: October 04, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
c'mon that's not happening and he could always say I thought it meant something else...
Would be very easy to do. He can say what he wants but it wouldn't be believable. Remember this isn't Judaism with 12 different answers.  :)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24846 on: October 04, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
Maybe he lied because he knew they would distort reality any other way? or maybe he isn't lying?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24847 on: October 04, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »
Maybe he lied because he knew they would distort reality any other way? or maybe he isn't lying?
Both are possibilities including he lied and easy to find out.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #24848 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:34 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-10-04-College-Letter-re-Devils-Triangle.pdf
https://www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-10-04-Georgetown-Prep-Letter-re-Devils-Triangle.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/us/brett-kavanaugh-georgetown-prep.htmlJudge Kavanaugh and his friends had their own language and traditions. There was Mr. Garrett, nicknamed early on as “Squee” because of his resemblance to an upperclassman with a similar last name.
When he drank, Mr. Garrett would stutter words that began with the letter F. It became such a joke that many football teammates, including Judge Kavanaugh and Mr. Garrett himself, had “FFFFF” references in their personal yearbook pages.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:36:36 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24849 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »
Both are possibilities including he lied and easy to find out.
you think that the FBI should now investigate whether any of his answers about yearbook comments was a lie?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24850 on: October 04, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »
you think that the FBI should now investigate whether any of his answers about yearbook comments was a lie?
Not now as the investigation is over. Sooner or later you need to move on.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24851 on: October 04, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »
Not now as the investigation is over. Sooner or later you need to move on.
ok, i personally don't really think that should have at all been a part of the FBI investigation. If they started down that path the investigation would have taken a year and all we would have gotten is some clarification on what boof means which i think is pretty immaterial.
Just to be clear, I've stayed out of this conversation since the allegations came out because i have no way to know if they are true or not. I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way. But at some point you have to make a decision and punishing kavanaugh for what has been shown so far would be really unfair. And the shorter time frame is completely the fault of feinstein and the Dems. The way this was handled was beyond horrible. If the allegations are true they did Ford and the American people a disservice by not allowing more time to get to the truth. If the allegations are false they did kavanaugh and the American people a disservice by needlessly dragging him through the mud. I fear we will never know which way they hurt this country but it's too late now, the damage has been done

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24852 on: October 04, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
I fear we will never know which way they hurt this country but it's too late now, the damage has been done
When I see the President mocking a sexual assault victim and the crowd cheering him on IMHO it will be worse than we think.

Offline elit

• View Profile

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #24855 on: October 04, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »
what was it?

I Am an Independent, Impartial Judge

Yes, I was emotional last Thursday. I hope everyone can understand I was there as a son, husband and dad.

190 Comments

By

Brett M. Kavanaugh

Oct. 4, 2018 7:30 p.m. ET

[https://si]

United States Supreme Court Building in the evening light of sunset. PHOTO: ISTOCK/GETTY IMAGES

I was deeply honored to stand at the White House July 9 with my wife, Ashley, and my daughters, Margaret and Liza, to accept President Trump’s nomination to succeed my former boss and mentor, Justice Anthony Kennedy, on the Supreme Court. My mom, Martha—one of the first women to serve as a Maryland prosecutor and trial judge, and my inspiration to become a lawyer—sat in the audience with my dad, Ed.

That night, I told the American people who I am and what I believe. I talked about my 28-year career as a lawyer, almost all of which has been in public service. I talked about my 12 years as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, often called the second most important court in the country, and my five years of service in the White House for President George W. Bush. I talked about my long record of advancing and promoting women, including as a judge—a majority of my 48 law clerks have been women—and as a longtime coach of girls’ basketball teams.

As I explained that night, a good judge must be an umpire—a neutral and impartial arbiter who favors no political party, litigant or policy. As Justice Kennedy has stated, judges do not make decisions to reach a preferred result. Judges make decisions because the law and the Constitution compel the result. Over the past 12 years, I have ruled sometimes for the prosecution and sometimes for criminal defendants, sometimes for workers and sometimes for businesses, sometimes for environmentalists and sometimes for coal miners. In each case, I have followed the law. I do not decide cases based on personal or policy preferences. I am not a pro-plaintiff or pro-defendant judge. I am not a pro-prosecution or pro-defense judge. I am a pro-law judge.

As Justice Kennedy showed us, a judge must be independent, not swayed by public pressure. Our independent judiciary is the crown jewel of our constitutional republic. The Supreme Court is the last line of defense for the separation of powers, and for the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.
The Supreme Court must never be viewed as a partisan institution. The justices do not sit on opposite sides of an aisle. They do not caucus in separate rooms. As I have said repeatedly, if confirmed to the court, I would be part of a team of nine, committed to deciding cases according to the Constitution and laws of the United States. I would always strive to be a team player.

During the confirmation process, I met with 65 senators and explained my approach to the law. I participated in more than 30 hours of hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, and I submitted written answers to nearly 1,300 additional questions. I was grateful for the opportunity.

After all those meetings and after my initial hearing concluded, I was subjected to wrongful and sometimes vicious allegations. My time in high school and college, more than 30 years ago, has been ridiculously distorted. My wife and daughters have faced vile and violent threats.
Against that backdrop, I testified before the Judiciary Committee last Thursday to defend my family, my good name and my lifetime of public service. My hearing testimony was forceful and passionate. That is because I forcefully and passionately denied the allegation against me. At times, my testimony—both in my opening statement and in response to questions—reflected my overwhelming frustration at being wrongly accused, without corroboration, of horrible conduct completely contrary to my record and character. My statement and answers also reflected my deep distress at the unfairness of how this allegation has been handled.
I was very emotional last Thursday, more so than I have ever been. I might have been too emotional at times. I know that my tone was sharp, and I said a few things I should not have said. I hope everyone can understand that I was there as a son, husband and dad. I testified with five people foremost in my mind: my mom, my dad, my wife, and most of all my daughters.
Going forward, you can count on me to be the same kind of judge and person I have been for my entire 28-year legal career: hardworking, even-keeled, open-minded, independent and dedicated to the Constitution and the public good. As a judge, I have always treated colleagues and litigants with the utmost respect. I have been known for my courtesy on and off the bench. I have not changed. I will continue to be the same kind of judge I have been for the last 12 years. And I will continue to contribute to our country as a coach, volunteer, and teacher. Every day I will try to be the best husband, dad, and friend I can be. I will remain optimistic, on the sunrise side of the mountain. I will continue to see the day that is coming, not the day that is gone.

I revere the Constitution. I believe that an independent and impartial judiciary is essential to our constitutional republic. If confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Supreme Court, I will keep an open mind in every case and always strive to preserve the Constitution of the United States and the American rule of law.
Judge Kavanaugh has been nominated as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Appeared in the October 5, 2018, print edition.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24856 on: October 04, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »
Yes, I was emotional last Thursday. I hope everyone can understand I was there as a son, husband and dad.
He forgot drunken sexual predator.  :)

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #24857 on: October 04, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
When I see the President mocking a sexual assault victim and the crowd cheering him on IMHO it will be worse than we think.
When I see a President protect due process and make clear facts so everyone can understood why she is not believable and she should be ashamed for destroying someone's life, it makes young man in America feel there's still hope.

By coming forward with a story which everyone allegedly witness have no recollection of it that is unethical as it gets. She remembers she had one beer but other than that nothing... Blank.. Why did she wait 10 days to come forward? After 10 days of practice I could play her game as well. One thing she couldn't learn was how to REALLY cry..

Oh, and her social media accounts were deleted... So much for transparency. And she is not giving us her therapy notes....  Again, I'm not denying she may have gone through a horrible situation and for that I feel bad for her. But you can't ruin someone's life to give out anger.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24858 on: October 04, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »
When I see a President protect due process and make clear facts so everyone can understood why she is not believable and she should be ashamed for destroying someone's life, it makes young man in America feel there's still hope.

By coming forward with a story which everyone allegedly witness have no recollection of it that is unethical as it gets. She remembers she had one beer but other than that nothing... Blank.. Why did she wait 10 days to come forward? After 10 days of practice I could play her game as well. One thing she couldn't learn was how to REALLY cry..

Oh, and her social media accounts were deleted... So much for transparency. And she is not giving us her therapy notes....  Again, I'm not denying she may have gone through a horrible situation and for that I feel bad for her. But you can't ruin someone's life to give out anger.
Your so called President said she was credible. When he seen his racist women hating supporters not liking that he throws them read meat. You not condemning his actions show where you stand. So please take your hatred toward women somewhere else. Almost time for nightly dose of Hannity drinking Kool-Aid!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #24859 on: October 04, 2018, 09:02:13 PM »
Not that it will help misogynists like Trump and others here understand but here it is anyway.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/connie-chung-pens-powerful-letter-christine-blasey-ford/story?id=58280355

"I am writing to you because I know that exact dates, exact years are insignificant. We remember exactly what happened to us and who did it to us. We remember the truth forever," she said. "Bravo, Christine, for telling the truth."