Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3830027 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #27481 on: July 18, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »
I do not think that states should be setting their own foreign policies.
I am confused with this part. The resolution does not mention states or did I miss it?

Affirming that all Americans have the right to participate in boycotts in pursuit of civil and human rights at home and abroad, as protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #27483 on: July 18, 2019, 04:43:24 PM »
I am confused with this part. The resolution does not mention states or did I miss it?

Affirming that all Americans have the right to participate in boycotts in pursuit of civil and human rights at home and abroad, as protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

(3) urges Congress, States, and civil rights leaders from all communities to endeavor to preserve the freedom of advocacy for all by opposing antiboycott resolutions and legislation.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27484 on: July 18, 2019, 04:56:22 PM »
(3) urges Congress, States, and civil rights leaders from all communities to endeavor to preserve the freedom of advocacy for all by opposing antiboycott resolutions and legislation.
Thanks. Lets take out States and also civil rights leaders would you be ok with it then? Am I correct that we already have these rights and this is just to reaffirm them?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #27485 on: July 18, 2019, 05:39:46 PM »
Thanks. Lets take out States and also civil rights leaders would you be ok with it then? Am I correct that we already have these rights and this is just to reaffirm them?
Then it would be the very typical politician resolution. Someone pro-israel would make one condemning terrorism with a couple of vieled anti-palestinian lines. They always write something very broad so that it should cover a theme which really everyone agrees to and then stick in that one line to use it for the real purpose. Then they would frame it as a major BDS victory and how all those congressmen and women are prop-BDS. Come on, stop playing dumb. You know all thsi.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27486 on: July 18, 2019, 05:46:51 PM »
Then it would be the very typical politician resolution. Someone pro-israel would make one condemning terrorism with a couple of vieled anti-palestinian lines. They always write something very broad so that it should cover a theme which really everyone agrees to and then stick in that one line to use it for the real purpose. Then they would frame it as a major BDS victory and how all those congressmen and women are prop-BDS. Come on, stop playing dumb. You know all thsi.
I am not playing dumb. It is clear what she wants but the resolution as written should be passed. We should all have the right to protest at home or abroad for injustices we see. I understand that just about everyone here feels the injustices she sees are not legit. The problem is her voice should not be silenced but challenged.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27487 on: July 18, 2019, 06:07:12 PM »
There you have it her own words why her statement was not anti-Semitic.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/07/17/ilhan_omar_i_do_not_regret_israel_comment_but_i_am_grateful_to_learn_how_my_words_make_people_feel.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mixi&utm_campaign=realclearpolitics

Hannity Kool-Aid drinkers - Trumps statement not Racist. Omar statement anti-Semetic.
Maddow head burried in the sand followers - Trumps statement Racist. Omar statement not anti-Semetic.
CV - BOTH LIARS!!!

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27488 on: July 18, 2019, 06:11:13 PM »
She never mentioned BDS.

You have to be unbelievably dishonest (or stupid) to pretend like this is about anything other than BDS. Especially since she said so.

“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar told Al-Monitor. “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”
https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2019/07/ilham-omar-pro-bds-legislation-trump-israel.html

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27489 on: July 18, 2019, 06:20:35 PM »
You have to be unbelievably dishonest (or stupid) to pretend like this is about anything other than BDS. Especially since she said so.
Just as stupid and dishonest as saying Trumps statement wasn't racist? Wait that only works one way.  ::)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27490 on: July 18, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »
I am not playing dumb. It is clear what she wants but the resolution as written should be passed. We should all have the right to protest at home or abroad for injustices we see. I understand that just about everyone here feels the injustices she sees are not legit. The problem is her voice should not be silenced but challenged.
Except that as written it includes the line about states.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27491 on: July 18, 2019, 06:27:23 PM »
Except that as written it includes the line about states.
I have no problem with that. They are talking about US states, correct?

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #27492 on: July 18, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
Just as stupid and dishonest as saying Trumps statement wasn't racist? Wait that only works one way.  ::)

Mr. "Both sides are awful" deflects criticism of himself by talking about how bad other people are

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27493 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Mr. "Both sides are awful" deflects criticism of himself by talking about how bad other people are
Better than Mr. "only sees things one way".  :P

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27494 on: July 18, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »
i think it's an accurate statement to say both of those things are awful. Trump's comments were racist, Omar has made several anti-Semitic comments. It's not deflecting to call both out

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27495 on: July 18, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
i think it's an accurate statement to say both of those things are awful. Trump's comments were racist, Omar has made several anti-Semitic comments. It's not deflecting to call both out
If you say it that is not deflecting but if I say it that is.
The Hannity Kool-Aid drinking Trumpeters can't stand it when I don't defend racist or anti-Semitic remarks made by D's. I will call them out wherever I see them.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #27496 on: July 18, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »
@countvalentine even though the bill itself doesn't mention the words Israel or BDS, she clearly states that it is the purpose of the bill.

https://youtu.be/KZ0AXQhUwvg

She put it in press releases, and it's being called the BDS resolution - not just by detractors.

She also stated last week that the Palestinian struggle is non violent which would be hilarious if not for the thousands of murdered innocents.

She also stated this week she doesn't regret her anti Semitic comments in the same breath as saying she "always tries to tell people she apologized for them".

Also BDS is not the non-violent protest against "the occupation" her bill would suggest, it's a means to eradicate Israel entirely. It's on their website, it's not a secret.

Anyway, all this is to say nothing of Trump's comments or the "send her back" chants. I don't frequent this thread because it's not good for my sanity. But I will say to any Jewish people who try to twist themselves into pretzels excusing the chant, you can be sure the very people chanting that to her would do it with the same gusto to us Jews.

It's ironic that she is being harrassed with the flip side of the "dual allegiance" charge she made against Jewish lawmakers.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #27497 on: July 18, 2019, 11:01:53 PM »
But I will say to any Jewish people who try to twist themselves into pretzels excusing the chant, you can be sure the very people chanting that to her would do it with the same gusto to us Jews.
+100000000000000000...

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27499 on: July 18, 2019, 11:17:32 PM »
@CountValentine even though the bill itself doesn't mention the words Israel or BDS, she clearly states that it is the purpose of the bill.

https://youtu.be/KZ0AXQhUwvg

She put it in press releases, and it's being called the BDS resolution - not just by detractors.

She also stated last week that the Palestinian struggle is non violent which would be hilarious if not for the thousands of murdered innocents.

She also stated this week she doesn't regret her anti Semitic comments in the same breath as saying she "always tries to tell people she apologized for them".

Also BDS is not the non-violent protest against "the occupation" her bill would suggest, it's a means to eradicate Israel entirely. It's on their website, it's not a secret.

Anyway, all this is to say nothing of Trump's comments or the "send her back" chants. I don't frequent this thread because it's not good for my sanity. But I will say to any Jewish people who try to twist themselves into pretzels excusing the chant, you can be sure the very people chanting that to her would do it with the same gusto to us Jews.

It's ironic that she is being harrassed with the flip side of the "dual allegiance" charge she made against Jewish lawmakers.
I am not disagreeing with you and I sure hope you don't think I am defending her anti-Semite comments. My point is the bill (resolution) as written is a good bill. It affirms the rights everyone should have. It seems the issue is how she is going to use those rights.