Author Topic: write into your elected officials to oppose the Iran deal  (Read 2394 times)

Offline dwkl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
write into your elected officials to oppose the Iran deal
« on: September 07, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
if everyone on this site would send an e mail it could make a difference

below is a copy of letter i e mailed to sen booker which is posted on the lkwd scoop
a copy of my letter to sen cory booker

To the honorable Senator Cory Booker, I’m a citizen in your State of New Jersey, living in Lakewood’s predominantly Orthodox Jewish community. I came out in support of you the times you visited Lakewood, and I came away impressed by your genuineness and sincerity of wanting to do the right thing and not go with the flow of politics as usual in Washington. You spoke to our community and made us feel we were on the same page morally and politically. You were on target and articulate in your speeches to our community.

The question then begs to be asked of you, where is your morality and where is our representation in the senate when you vote against what common sense dictates and how most of your constituents feel.
I know you’re a democrat and there are issues one must vote with the party line but your vote cast in favor of the Iran deal just put the lives of 8.5 million people who live in Israel in harm’s way.

The USA was always there for Israel (at least until the current president took office). This vote is a new low in the relationship between the United States and Israel.

Below is your stand on Israel in words taken from your website.

The U.S.-Israel Relationship

“In an increasingly uncertain world, Israel continues to be an advocate for freedom, equality and democracy in the Middle East, protecting the rights of its citizens while upholding the values that Americans hold dear. From a strategic perspective, the United States must continue to support Israel as a secure homeland for the Jewish people.

“Simply put, where Israel’s security is at stake, America’s security is at stake.”We share strategic interests, face common threats and jointly aspire to achieve peace.

Ultimately, however, it is not only America’s strategic self-interest, but also our shared history, a set of common ideals and respect for democratic values that anchors our special relationship with the Jewish state. American support for Israel has been at the center of our Middle East policy for over six decades and must continue to be a central component of our foreign policy in the region. it is the right of the Israeli government to make the tough decisions that are necessary to secure its future.

During any eventual negotiation, certain things must remain non-negotiable, namely conditions that speak to Israel’s right to exist as a secure Jewish state.

It would seem that your vote for the Iran deal doesn’t add to the security needs of Israel, if anything can be said about Iran it’s their promise to obliterate and wipe Israel off the map of the earth and they can be trusted about that, and only that.
Having Iran police itself looking at their weapons of mass production facilities is having the proverbial FOX GUARDING THE HEN HOUSE.

For a smart man as yourself a Rhodes Scholar no less, I’m scratching my head in disbelief as to how you came to your decision.

Senator Booker, the vote is next week, and it’s not too late to reverse your decision and do what you know deep down is morally right for yourself for your constituents you represent, and for the state of Israel

Offline shmueli2007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: write into your elected officials to oppose the Iran deal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:29:24 PM »
Whats his email
Sammyboy - All Trump All the time.

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:35:33 PM »
Isn't it too late? I thought Obama already got the votes he needs to retain the deal after he vetoes it.

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »
Isn't it too late? I thought Obama already got the votes he needs to retain the deal after he vetoes it.
no he just has enough confirmations. but they can change there minds

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »
no he just has enough confirmations. but they can change there minds
Which is highly unlikely. The reason that they confirmed in the first place was the POTUS pressure, not likely to backstabb him now.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 07:56:33 PM »
Which is highly unlikely. The reason that they confirmed in the first place was the POTUS pressure, not likely to backstabb him now.
I know that they won't change there minds. but it ain't over till its over!

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »
One can only hope
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:33:27 PM by Yammer »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »
I hear.
Truth is that it'll be a political victory for Obama if congress approves the deal vs if they reject it and then he has to use his veto power. So I guess there is some limited tachlis.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »
I hear.
Truth is that it'll be a political victory for Obama if congress approves the deal vs if they reject it and then he has to use his veto power. So I guess there is some limited tachlis.
It will keep the senators accountable in future elections if it at least comes to a vote

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
It will keep the senators accountable in future elections if it at least comes to a vote
True. It's bad politics for them.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 09:05:36 PM »
I hear.
It also makes it easier politically for the next president to say s/he won't recognize it.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »
It also makes it easier politically for the next president to say s/he won't recognize it.
At that point it will technically be irrelevant. The US,EU,China,Russia will have been doing business with them. The $150,000,000 released....and Iran will have the bomb!

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »
At that point it will technically be irrelevant. The US,EU,China,Russia will have been doing business with them. The $150,000,000 released....and Iran will have the bomb!
- 1/2

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »
It is less than two years
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shtank

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 10:30:53 PM »
There are a number of decent reasons to continue to pressure senators. Yes, enough senators have voiced approval of the deal which would sustain POTUS's veto. While it is still possible for any of them to change their minds, as others have said, this is highly unlikely. However, most of these senators approved with vocal reservations. They say the deal is the lesser of 2 evils. Most DO NOT think the deal is a good one. As others have said, there was likely tremendous pressure behind (and sometimes in front of) the scenes from POTUS and his administration to back this deal. That said, the senators who supported the deal likely did so because they felt it would be better for them politically. All they need in order to change their minds (or even to put pressure on POTUS/Congress either in the next year and a half or with the entrance of the next president) is to be convinced that the benefits of supporting POTUS are outweighed by the negatives of losing their voter base. This may not happen before the vote, but if, suppose more negative revelations surface about the deal or Iran's activities, they could use such developments to validate their reversals.

In addition, it is good for politicians to know who their voters actually are. If we don't speak up, they have no reason to even pander to us. There is no reason for them to make Iran an issue in any future election campaign. It is very important to make your political voice heard.

Finally, there are some people possibly reading this who live in areas where either their senator has not spoken on the issue and it IS still important for as many senators to oppose as possible since this would make it easier for the deal to be negated or changed in the future.  Yes, this would be a less desirable outcome, but still something. The next president will be sworn in in less than a year and a half. Assuming Iran tries to show they are keeping to the deal, this leaves them very little time to really get things going that the next president couldn't largely undo. Not completely, but largely.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »
Hopefully there are still some good people with backbone left in this world who will stop them militarily if necessary.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »
I think it'l be a nice rally on September 9