Author Topic: Need to pick a Verizon phone: Droid X, Droid Pro or Droid 2?  (Read 753 times)

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Need to pick a Verizon phone: Droid X, Droid Pro or Droid 2?
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Through work, these are my options...

I won't be doing a lot of work on the phone (editing documents, writing long emails), but will be reviewing emails, texting occaisonally, web browsing, playing music.  I don't need global features.  I will be carrying it in my front pocket (the X looks very large). 

After some brief research (I've never had a Droid and do not know too much about them), it seems the X might be the best.  But I thought I would run it by the teckies on this site.

Thanks in advance...

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Need to pick a Verizon phone: Droid X, Droid Pro or Droid 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »
I like the idea behind a fold-away keyboard (droid 2). The always out design bugged me (droid pro), since you only need the keys accessible when actively typing something on the phone, which for me is only like 20% of my time using the phone. That means the other 80% when I'm browsing, playing, watching, talking, you have 30+ keys just taking up real estate making a big phone even bigger. This is why I personally never cared for Blackberrys.

Now, if you don't mind having a big phone, at least use all that real estate for a larger-than-life display (droid X). That's your prerogative. I personally like a decent sized screen, not too big, and the ability to slide out keys when I absolutely need them. My vote is therefore for Droid 2.
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com