Topic Wiki

Booh
« Last edited by yesitsme on October 18, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »

Author Topic: Arab terrorist stabs and kills 2 in Jerusalem's old city!  (Read 78719 times)

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arab terrorist stabs and kills 2 in Jerusalem's old city!
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:56 AM »
Source? I see nothing on my end
All over twitter. Police say it's a false alarm.

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2015, 10:44:10 AM »
The situation is ridiculous, no other country in the world would put up with this madness

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
Apparently (unconfirmed) there was just a stabbing attack on rechov chavakuk. That's the street where Manny's bookstore is located, in Mea Shearim!
was just a fight

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:41 AM »
The situation is ridiculous, no other country in the world would put up with this madness
What would they do?

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »
Chaim, maybe I'll do a better job explaining what you are missing. The tragedies that happen in in Israel are totally different than most tragedies that happen in the US. Hence why it gets more attention. I'll explain the simple difference. In Israel the last couple of weeks Jews are getting killed JUST because they are Jews. Its been like that since we are around We were always hatred. Now since we all share the same ethnicity it really bothers and hurts us. Its different than most fatal school shootings etc where some idiot forgot to take his pills and toke a rifle and shot 20 kids. We all have family and friends living and that area and we are all afraid for their well being. We are afraid for out own well being when we go there. We are a very small religion compare to Christianity, Muslims etc and we were always the most hatred just for the fact that we are old traditional Jews. It always bothered us the fact that we are being killed just because we are Jews. In the 1400 we were killed by the Spanish later in Europe we were all dumped into ghettos later there was WW2 and so on. Now it's in Israel. So of course we care. It's not just the killing that bothers us. Its the reason behind it which we don't see with other tragedies.

I now expect fully that you acknowledge that you finally UNDERSTAND what's going on. And why a non Jwe has no reason to be upset by the way we discuss out tragedies.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2015, 11:04:08 AM »
Even with the original headline anyone who read the story understands what happened. You are playing the persecution card because of the headline when the story is accurate. You know how that makes you look?

Disclaimer: Another rhetorical question.
Huh? You really don't understand. I'll explain it like I would to my 5 year old. Imagine after 9/11 the BBC would have a headline "19 Arabs brutally killed after plane crash that killed 3,000 Americans" WITH the correct facts in the article. Tell me what coverage that would get..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Huh? You really don't understand. I'll explain it like I would to my 5 year old. Imagine after 9/11 the BBC would have a headline "19 Arabs brutally killed after plane crash that killed 3,000 Americans" WITH the correct facts in the article. Tell me what coverage that would get..
+1.

CM, your point about the article being correct belies your attitude on the matter. NOBODY said anything about the article being incorrect, or expressed outrage regarding the article. The outrage was about the headline, and the fact that it was grossly misleading and manipulative. And if you think for a second that the accuracy of the article itself makes up in any way for the headline, you're being willfully ignorant to how modern media works. The number of eyes on the headline is exponentially larger than the number of eyes on the article.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »

Yea between Jews and Arabs but no stabbing

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »
Are you also aware that if one of the victims was a Jew it would be front and center on DDF and just not be talked about as gun control? This is an American tragedy on American soil. Can you understand why a non-Jew reading a thread like that would come to the conclusion that you only care about the Jew? I am not asking you to agree with me. I am asking you can you see a person coming to that conclusion without knowing the history of Judaism.
The Oregon shooting  even with a Jew being a victim would not generate a response even close to the Jerusalem attack.

90%.of DDFs have been to the places where the attack happened. Had a shooting occurred in an area where ppl have been it would've been different.

But I do understand what your saying about the perception.

Offline Satmar Lady

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
The problem as I see it isn't most it is closer to all. What if there was a mass shooting of twenty kids killed. Out of those twenty 2 or 3 were Jewish kids. I guarantee you the focus on this forum would be on those 2 or 3 kids. Try and put yourself in the position of a non-Jew that would read that thread. What conclusion you think he or she would come to?

Also isn't most here American citizens? A mass shooting in America killing innocent Americans isn't a concern of yours? Should I only be concerned with shootings of people of my background? Do you know how insensitive that sounds?

I'm trying to imagine coming across such a scenario on a Hispanic, Asian, African American or whatever ethnic group's online forum, and I don't see myself coming to any negative conclusion after seeing them discuss only their own casualties. For Heaven's sake, this doesn't show that we don't CARE or aren't concerned with any innocent lives taken. It's just that this doesn't spark our interest as a topic of discussion as much. After 9/11 all the Hatzolah agencies (the Jewish emergency response team) from around the area sent their personnel to help rescue anyone and everyone in need, and there were much more non-Jews than Jews. This is what I would call care and concern. But as for discussions, the Jewish casualties were probably more of a topic.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2015, 11:44:54 AM »
The problem as I see it isn't most it is closer to all. What if there was a mass shooting of twenty kids killed. Out of those twenty 2 or 3 were Jewish kids. I guarantee you the focus on this forum would be on those 2 or 3 kids. Try and put yourself in the position of a non-Jew that would read that thread. What conclusion you think he or she would come to?

Also isn't most here American citizens? A mass shooting in America killing innocent Americans isn't a concern of yours? Should I only be concerned with shootings of people of my background? Do you know how insensitive that sounds?
For the record, that's a bunch of garbage. A pretty close scenario to the one you describe was the Sandy hook shooting, and no one here was focusing on the Jewish kids and ignoring the rest.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »
Until you can look at it from a non-Jews perspective this discussion is pointless. It is like every other discussion when one only see's one side. I am glad at least some understand the point I am trying to make.
I don't think anyone well disagree about how it looks to an outsider, they're just saying how it looks to an outsider is not what it actually is.
But I do understand what your saying about the perception.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

I say uneducated in reference to him not knowing Jewish history not his entire being...
I don't think anyone well disagree about how it looks to an outsider, they're just saying how it looks to an outsider is not what it actually is.

Think of how what you have written here would look to an outsider who happened to know that you are not Jewish. They would think you are espousing the regular anti Semitic Jews only care about themselves and brought the hatred upon themselves garbage.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »
Until you can look at it from a non-Jews perspective this discussion is pointless. It is like every other discussion when one only see's one side. I am glad at least some understand the point I am trying to make.
I love how you made a really dumb super troll comment. Realized how bad it was and spun off to a completely different conversation and everyone's letting you get away with it. ...

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Satmar Lady

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Well, I did try to see it from my perspective towards a different ethnic group. I thought that was the closest I could get to seeing the other side.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
I love how you made a really dumb super troll comment. Realized how bad it was and spun off to a completely different conversation and everyone's letting you get away with it. ...
Don't let me get away with anything. Call me out on it. I pretty much at the point where I done sugar coating my comments. You want to make this personal just let me know.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2015, 12:05:47 PM »
Well, I did try to see it from my perspective towards a different ethnic group. I thought that was the closest I could get to seeing the other side.
Have you been on any of the forums you talked about?

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2015, 12:08:01 PM »
Why don't i see this outrage every time the news reports that a natural disaster somewhere kills fifty people, including two Americans, and the article focuses on the Americans?
JTZ