Topic Wiki

Booh
« Last edited by yesitsme on October 18, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »

Author Topic: Arab terrorist stabs and kills 2 in Jerusalem's old city!  (Read 78581 times)

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Arab terrorist stabs and kills 2 in Jerusalem's old city!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 11:22:37 PM »
I'm about to head to the kotel for vasikin... Should i be afraid of walking? I dont think they have busses yet..
there is a 3 for vasikin

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-third-intifada-is-here-jerusalem-terrorist-wrote-day-before-attack/
According to what I see, the Third Intifada has erupted. What is happening to al-Aqsa [mosque] is what is happening to our holy sites, and what is happening to the women of al-Aqsa is what is happening to our mothers and women. I don’t believe that our people will succumb to humiliation. The people will indeed rise up.

The trigger.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 12:15:22 AM »

The trigger.
What is happening to the women of al-aksa?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »
What is happening to the women of al-aksa?
These woman guard their holy site from being "defiled by Jews". Obviously they get disturbed when the Jews come.

This in turn triggered this blood thirsty religious zealot to murder in cold blood.

Is this complicated?

I hope you aren't trying to imply that I am somehow justifying anything. I am just explaining a terrorist thought process.

Do you think there is anything we could do to break up this cycle, that triggers maniacs like this?

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »
These woman guard their holy site from being "defiled by Jews". Obviously they get disturbed when the Jews come.

This in turn triggered this blood thirsty religious zealot to murder in cold blood.

Is this complicated?

I hope you aren't trying to imply that I am somehow justifying anything. I am just explaining a terrorist thought process.

Do you think there is anything we could do to break up this cycle, that triggers maniacs like this?
Unfortunately Temple Mount is always the trigger.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 01:05:04 AM »

Is this complicated?

My point is that just as nothing is happening to "their women" and this terrorist is using it as an excuse to murder, he is using the supposed defilement of their holy site as an excuse to murder.

You seem to be falling for their propaganda pictures of screaming Muslim women on Har Habayis and explaining murder as a direct result of that. In reality, it is just another excuse to wage intifada.

The real cause of these uprisings is when Israel shows itself as spineless and unwilling to deal forcefully with terrorists. This is quite evident across the middle east when outside forces weakened the governments from within and therefore caused uprising.

So, to answer your question, what Israel could do to stop this is to be more forceful and confident in it's actions. Lethal force wherever necessary etc. Oh, and stop apologising to the world for defending itself.

I know that those days are long gone, but ask Israelis what it was like post 1967 and they'll tell you that an Arab would be afraid to look a Jew in the eye. Bring back that fear. We've tried the niceties and it hasn't worked.

I am not a zionist, but I care about my family in EY and therefore feel that this is the action that has to be taken in order to ensure their safety. And please, please don't delude yourself into believing that this slaughter is a direct result of people going up to Har Habayis.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »
My point is that just as nothing is happening to "their women" and this terrorist is using it as an excuse to murder, he is using the supposed defilement of their holy site as an excuse to murder.

You seem to be falling for their propaganda pictures of screaming Muslim women on Har Habayis and explaining murder as a direct result of that. In reality, it is just another excuse to wage intifada.

The real cause of these uprisings is when Israel shows itself as spineless and unwilling to deal forcefully with terrorists. This is quite evident across the middle east when outside forces weakened the governments from within and therefore caused uprising.

So, to answer your question, what Israel could do to stop this is to be more forceful and confident in it's actions. Lethal force wherever necessary etc. Oh, and stop apologising to the world for defending itself.

I know that those days are long gone, but ask Israelis what it was like post 1967 and they'll tell you that an Arab would be afraid to look a Jew in the eye. Bring back that fear. We've tried the niceties and it hasn't worked.

I am not a zionist, but I care about my family in EY and therefore feel that this is the action that has to be taken in order to ensure their safety. And please, please don't delude yourself into believing that this slaughter is a direct result of people going up to Har Habayis.
+1000000

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 02:20:02 AM »
However, incitement is never helpful (esp.since we are still in golus). I just saw a large group of mizrachis going up the ramp to har habayis singing and dancing. Doesn't help.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 02:22:53 AM »

Nice post, but I will write it in two sentences. 1) Bibi gave a nice speech to the UN but he just had to mention how eager we are to negotiate "peace" with the "Palestinians" and give them a state. 2) Whenever there is so much as TALK about negotiations, the Arabs are emboldened and it brings the opposite of peace.

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 05:57:09 AM »

Couldn't have said it better!
Har Habayis being the trigger is absolute baloney! Such a lowly animal who is willing to give up his life just to kill a  jew, will do it no matter what happens. It's not a matter of "if" but rather a matter of "when"

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 06:51:57 AM »
I guess I am just more familiar with what these temperamental animals are really like.

Imagine you lived somewhere, and your next door neighbor was a violent antisemitic drunk who hated you. Would you a. Always be polite, and not let your kids walk on his lawn. Or b. would you dafka walk on his lawn and declare that this does not justify him getting violent??

תהיה חכם, אל תהיה צודק!

At minimum we shouldn't give them what you see they are using for an "excuse".

And BTW, how would you make a suicidal religious zealot more "afraid" of you??

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 07:19:07 AM »

Imagine you lived somewhere, and your next door neighbor was a violent antisemitic drunk who hated you. Would you a. Always be polite, and not let your kids walk on his lawn. Or b. would you dafka walk on his lawn and declare that this does not justify him getting violent??
Not comparable to walking on their private lawn. Precisely the disagreement

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
Couldn't have said it better!
+1, I agree with every word as well.

I guess I am just more familiar with what these temperamental animals are really like.

תהיה חכם, אל תהיה צודק!

At minimum we shouldn't give them what you see they are using for an "excuse".

And BTW, how would you make a suicidal religious zealot more "afraid" of you??

1. They are giving their life for their belief that we will agree to even more concessions.
2. This thought is vindicated by our expressing willingness To negotiate for "peace".
3. Perhaps one show of force won't make one zealot afraid, but culmatively their entire system of preachers who incite hatred would be weakened if they know we won't budge/negotiate and will retaliate strongly for even the smallest incident of violence. If they have nothing to gain and everything to lose...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
How do you accomplish this? Should Israel act like the Mafia?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 08:39:53 AM »
How do you accomplish this? Should Israel act like the Mafia?
If need be. Would you not do the same to save your brother's lives?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 08:45:06 AM »
If need be. Would you not do the same to save your brother's lives?
I am just trying to understand what is being proposed. Are you asking me about my real brother or a fellow American?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:48:08 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »
I am just trying to understand what is being proposed. Are you asking me about my real brother or a fellow American?
Real brother

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »
Real brother
Hopefully I would be able to find another way first.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »
I'm not who you think I am.