Author Topic: Ad in the Lakewood Shopper for an end-of-days message hotline  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Ad in the Lakewood Shopper for an end-of-days message hotline
« on: October 25, 2020, 04:54:37 PM »
The Lakewood shopper ran an ad this week that called for people to fight the coronavirus by switching to wearing a headscarf, widening and lengthening their clothing, and using only kosher devices. That was the top half. The bottom half was about a hotline. Wouldn't you like to know about the approaching star and the Aseres haShvatim? How about the truth behind the virus? It comes to you from the man featured in such YouTube videos as "PLANET X - NIBIRU - Gog-Magog -- AMAZING REVELATIONS by YUVAL OVADIA" and "NWO vs MESSIAH --- YUVAL OVADIA -- You won't believe it !!"
( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8vIvyZvtzwmEhq2cNWcl-ma3SyImL5_ )

He's directed several films, one of which was reviewed as follows in the NY Times:
It Came From Outer Space, Bearing Secrets
By Nicolas Rapold, April 26, 2013
“Hamesima X” is a mystical tract seemingly reincarnated in the ultra-cheesy body of a 1980s straight-to-video thriller. Despite its outlandish premise, it’s a classic example of a feature-length foregone conclusion, in which a sulky skeptic is shown the light. In this Israeli film — directed by Yuval Ovadia, Or Yashar and Prosper Malka — a Mossad agent interrogates a mysterious visitor from outer space only to find religion himself.
The gorilla-size interrogator (Shalom Sharon Raginiano) is a jerk who ignores his wife and children and disrespects the memory of his dead father. But then the visitor (a beatific Mr. Ovadia) lays out the history of the universe and assorted higher truths. In a sidesplitting montage, a soul-and-body diagram (reminiscent of a digestion-aid commercial) is followed by an illustration of man’s bestial side in the form of our hero chomping on a sub sandwich.
Also appearing at random intervals, and amounting to a dare to call the film’s bluff, are a kung fu fighter and a serpent-tongued stringy-haired tramp who may exist only in the interrogator’s imagination. It’s no spoiler to report that his attitude evolves from credible suspicion to a relieved embrace of the visitor’s kabbalistic teachings. The protagonist’s life changes for the better, but your mileage may vary.
(https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/27/movies/hamesima-x-an-israeli-story-with-an-alien-visitor.html)

In this video, recorded this Succos, he mentions bunkers made because of Nibiru/Planet X, tells us that people are exaggerating the power of the New World Order, and says they've gotten more messages from the autistic kids recently, all in the space of a few minutes around 27:30 (I didn't feel like sitting through the whole thing).

I don't get it, and I don't know why anyone thinks Lakewood would be open to this.
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Ad in the Lakewood Shopper for an end-of-days message hotline
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 05:05:27 PM »

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 05:42:47 PM »
If it doesn't look inappropriate it will get published. Newspapers can't inspect every ad.

I didn't listen to it but I'm willing to bet that it will be similar to conspiracy theorists just clothed in religious texts.

Thankfully most people have common sense to realize that it's foolish beyond imagination and the likely culprit is genetics.

I personally know someone that believes all this type of garbage. I'm not good at debating things, my mind works too slow to formulate the right response right away. So I just listen and try to focus on one thing to respond to and don't veer from it.

So yeah there is a small amount of people that do let these thoughts turn into beliefs.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »
Shameful.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:42 AM »
Looks like a kid had a lot of fun with PowerPoint  fonts. My personal favorite is the mountain shaped letters that start small and peak at the middle of the word and end small again- should have used that
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 05:29:33 AM »
Looks like a kid had a lot of fun with PowerPoint  fonts. My personal favorite is the mountain shaped letters that start small and peak at the middle of the word and end small again- should have used that
What's that font called?
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »
If it doesn't look inappropriate it will get published. Newspapers can't inspect every ad.

I would hope someone at a frum paper is at least casually looking at the ads and
making a closer examination of those that stand out, which this certainly does.

Thankfully most people have common sense to realize that it's foolish beyond imagination

The spread of the belief in QAnon has caused me to lose some faith in people's ability to tell truth from nonsense.
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)