Author Topic: student visa help  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
student visa help
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:34:55 AM »
i havent found any applicable threads through search so i created new thread but mods please feel free to combine.
my 16 yo american niece who went to uk seminary is being deported from england back to us since she doesnt have a student visa. she had applied for one before she left but it wasnt approved since some information wasnt clear. she figured shell take care of it when she comes back for winter break. who can i speak to about this?
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline Luvtotravel

• View Profile
Re: student visa help
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
update. she was sent home due to her visa application being incomplete. after getting nowhere with emails and phone calls for two weeks, she went to british consul in nyc today only to be told that once a visa is rejected for whichever reason she needs to reapply and  the $500 visa application fee needs to be paid again.
has anyone had a similar experience? i cannot understand how forgetting to include a supporting document in a visa application would lead to another $500 in visa fees...

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »
Don't know what to do but good luck

Offline Luvtotravel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »
Don't know what to do but good luck
tx

Offline gsquared

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »
Kid going back to yeshiva on Lufthansa.  They wont issue a boarding pass since his return ticket is longer than 3 months away.   
Is the airline able to deny boarding to an American under these circumstances(no Israel citizenship issues)? 
Most students get their visas once they are in Israel so how come this doesn't happen all the time?   
Is there any recourse?  Turns out  he didnt realize he actually had a valid student visa from before.  But what happens if that wasnt the case?

Offline Torkay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:05:35 PM »
Kid going back to yeshiva on Lufthansa.  They wont issue a boarding pass since his return ticket is longer than 3 months away.   
Is the airline able to deny boarding to an American under these circumstances(no Israel citizenship issues)? 
Most students get their visas once they are in Israel so how come this doesn't happen all the time?   
Is there any recourse?  Turns out  he didnt realize he actually had a valid student visa from before.  But what happens if that wasnt the case?
Buy a refundable return ticket for within 3 months. At times they do deny and they do have the right to do so even though it doesn't happen often

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:35 PM »
An open ticket

Offline gsquared

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
My question is whether this is airline policy or just the gate agent being difficult. If its policy then how come it doesnt happen all the time. Many kids have return tickets greater than 3 months with no visa.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
Buy a refundable return ticket for within 3 months. At times they do deny and they do have the right to do so even though it doesn't happen often
I've done that when my son went to Yeshiva before he got his student visa. Didn't think about denied boarding at US gateway, but was concerned about border issues upon entry, so I got him a one way ticket the day he left here, and cancelled it as soon as he entered Israel.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »
+1
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.