Author Topic: Bali [Live]  (Read 22419 times)

Offline G11600

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bali [Live]
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »
Looks like you got out right on time.....http://www.startribune.com/volcanic-eruption-closes-3-indonesian-airports/340093911/

It's fine. I'm in Bali right now (at Conrad). Hotel is almost completely empty. Got a nice upgrade from basic room @ $125/night to Conrad Suites.
Arrived as planned on Friday on SQ, thought was a bit concerned in days before.
I was due to fly on Thursday to a Bar Mitzvah in Perth (Australia) but have moved the flight forwards to Tuesday, just in case things turn bad.

My flight to PER on in Air Asia, which is operating as normal at the moment.

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »
OK, Lets continue.

Cool places to hang out and enjoy the sun.

many nicer hotels have day access passes available, most average 100,000rp-250,000rp for the day. If you are staying in a place that's further inland or on a tighter budget then these options may suit you.

Hanging Gardens Ubud has day passes available but are not worth the price in my opinion. If you are interested in spending the day lounging by a pool overhanging the river below then i suggest checking these places out:

Jungle Fish is a restaurant that is not too far from the Hanging Gardens, 150k gets you access to the pool including food & beverage.

Nandini Bali is a great place as well, I paid 150k which included a welcome drink plus 100k towards food & beverage (IIRC) its about 10 minutes from the Hanging Gardens

There are a bunch of places in Nusa Dua, Semenyak and Uluwatu with similar deals.

Finn's Beach club was my favorite, It can get crowded but it was worth it. A day pass will run you 250k and includes towels, snorkels, day bed etc + 150k towards food & beverage. You go down to the beach via funicular. It's harder to swim when the tide is low, but still a great place to spend the afternoon as you get maximum sun exposure (being that its on the south of the island)
Bonus: If you make a left (when coming down and facing the ocean) walk past the beach restaurant towards the end, over the grass till the rock outcropping, you will find a small little movie like hideaway cave that opens to the ocean. Great place to hide with your loved one.

They have bon fires after the sun sets

The sunset at the the beach is incredible!! (my photo)

There are tons of hidden waterfalls and beaches spread througout the island, totally worth the time for the more adventurous among us.
Further Reading:
http://bali.mehthesheep.com/unique-places-in-bali/ (This site has TONS of cool hidden gems)
http://www.skyscanner.co.nz/news/7-secret-must-sees-bali
http://www.bali-indonesia.com/magazine/bali-hidden-beaches.htm (I did 4/10 of these)
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline stbaum

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »
Finn's Beach club was my favorite, It can get crowded but it was worth it. A day pass will run you 250k and includes towels, snorkels, day bed etc + 150k towards food & beverage. You go down to the beach via funicular. It's harder to swim when the tide is low, but still a great place to spend the afternoon as you get maximum sun exposure (being that its on the south of the island)
Bonus: If you make a left (when coming down and facing the ocean) walk past the beach restaurant towards the end, over the grass till the rock outcropping, you will find a small little movie like hideaway cave that opens to the ocean. Great place to hide with your loved one.

that last line ;D
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
Great pictures of the pools and beach.

Offline Adam101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »
Not live no more?

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »
Not live no more?
Lol, I've been to 30 countries since, 4 this week alone.
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
Fyi to all. Had a food mishap. We stopped at another coco supermarket and could not find a single item with a hechsher. Not one