Author Topic: Every Dollar Budgeting Tool  (Read 688 times)

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Every Dollar Budgeting Tool
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »
I've been using Every Dollar for the last few months as a budgeting tool and wanted to share my experience. Every Dollar (https://www.everydollar.com/) was created by David Ramsey and is supposed to be a simple way to track your finances and 'assign a job for every dollar'.

Pros:
1. I like that things are kept simple - unlike other budgeting tools (YNAB, for example) I don't want to manage the balances across all my bank accounts and credit cards. Being a DDF user, I have many credit cards and much of my purchases (MS), I don't want showing up on my budget. This was a problem for YNAB since it expects you to have all your accounts in there and reflect exactly the current balance in the account. With Every dollar, there are no accounts and you just add the purchases you want. There is money coming in and money going out, thats it.
2. Web interface, unlike YNAB for example which is desktop based

Cons:

1. Does not allow reporting
2. No android App
3. Does not allow exporting
4. Individual categories do not carry the remaining balance (the amount budgeted but not actually spent) from one month to the next unless you make that category a 'fund'. This requires you to either adjust the amount budgeted and the end of each month to exactly the amount spent or make the category a 'fund', otherwise the money is lost in there.

Anyone else here using Every Dollar?