Author Topic: AA non-refundable ticket  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: AA non-refundable ticket
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »
But it is two weeks. Is that normal?

No

Offline aj26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
Refunds post in 3 biz days ime.
Call back

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 150
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »
Had a minor schedule change for an upcoming trip from LAX to JFK. Called AA to switch me to a nonstop and earlier flight. Had success on the first try, and the agent upgraded my fare class to full-fare Y on the flight!

Should I stick with Y and stay in Main cabin extra for the red-eye back, or how much would it be to upgrade to J or F?

Online a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
Had a minor schedule change for an upcoming trip from LAX to JFK. Called AA to switch me to a nonstop and earlier flight. Had success on the first try, and the agent upgraded my fare class to full-fare Y on the flight!

Should I stick with Y and stay in Main cabin extra for the red-eye back, or how much would it be to upgrade to J or F?
5000 miles to biz

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »
5000 miles to biz

Will probably do that. At 1k miles per hour, a bed may be worth it.

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »

I just got a ~3 hour schedule change a few months out. Made a ~5hr connecting itinerary in to an ~8hr one. Called to try to get switched to a non-stop after looking at the schedule of available flights on ITA. When I booked the ticket, I was hoping to change on the day of flight if my first flight was even a bit delayed because the connection was tight.

After searching my route for a flight similarly timed to my original itinerary, the rep offered me two nonstop flights. I intentionally picked the one that had a first class ticket as the cheapest still available. Was expecting to still end up in Y or B, but to my surprise the rep said she was rebooking me in First!

Seems to violate the policy, but I'm not going to bring it to their attention:
If original inventory is not available and the flight change is 90 minutes or more or the flight changes from a non-stop to a connecting flight may book an AA flight next lowest available inventory, same cabin, up to and including B inventory.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
I just got a ~3 hour schedule change a few months out. Made a ~5hr connecting itinerary in to an ~8hr one. Called to try to get switched to a non-stop after looking at the schedule of available flights on ITA. When I booked the ticket, I was hoping to change on the day of flight if my first flight was even a bit delayed because the connection was tight.

After searching my route for a flight similarly timed to my original itinerary, the rep offered me two nonstop flights. I intentionally picked the one that had a first class ticket as the cheapest still available. Was expecting to still end up in Y or B, but to my surprise the rep said she was rebooking me in First!

Seems to violate the policy, but I'm not going to bring it to their attention:

First class on what route?

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 06:14:23 AM »
First class on what route?

East coast domestic, nothing too extravagant, but still a nice surprise!