Author Topic: Which Hilton Hhonors card to get? Big Hilton Purchase coming!  (Read 20292 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Which Hilton Hhonors card to get? Big Hilton Purchase coming!
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2016, 01:53:54 PM »
Does anyone know how the HHonors double points or double miles works in conjunction with the Hilton Honors Amex Surpass card and also being Gold level HHonors member?  I just received my HHonors Amex Surpass card and will use it for a big purchase at Hilton. I signed up for double miles HHonors promo.

Will this mean that I will get 12 ppd at a Hilton property using my Amex Surpass + 25% bonus on base points as a Gold member x 2 going to my listed United partner account?

For example $10K spend using Amex = 120K (10K x 12ppd using Amex) + 30K points (25% bonus as a gold member) = 150K points x 2 = 300K points going to my united account?

No way. You're totally off.  The double points is for the points you get through STAYS and the hotel will issue those points directly.  It's still a great deal but only your base points (10ppd you spend) get doubled for 20ppd PLUS .  SEPARATELY, every dollar you spend at a Hilton property on the card will get an additional 12ppd.  You will most likely get many 100k's points for this and do great but you'll be best to use them for hotel stays and average a 10-20% return b/c Hilton has horrible airline exchange at 10/1 so 300k HHonors gets you a horrible 30k on United so you'd be much better off using those points to book a 4night AXON reward at the Waldorf Astoria in Jerusalem or some other expensive property, worth like $2500-$3000.

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2018, 01:41:37 AM »
Is this a good offer? I need HH points for BOB:

Hilton Honors Ascend Card

Earn up to 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus PointsEarn 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership and an additional 25,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you make an additional $1,000 in purchases with your new Card within your first 6 months.†
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or the Hilton Honors Surpass Card.ANNUAL FEE
$95¤
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/hilton-honors-ascend-credit-card/28011-10-0#/

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:47 AM »
Is this a good offer? I need HH points for BOB:

Hilton Honors Ascend Card

Earn up to 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus PointsEarn 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership and an additional 25,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you make an additional $1,000 in purchases with your new Card within your first 6 months.†
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or the Hilton Honors Surpass Card.ANNUAL FEE
$95¤
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/hilton-honors-ascend-credit-card/28011-10-0#/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-hilton-honors-ascend-125000-point-bonus/