Author Topic: Flower Business  (Read 1297 times)

Offline bamo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flower Business
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »
Would anyone know of a place in NJ/NY that i can buy very cheap flowers for a new flower business that I would like to open? I know the 28th street in Manhattan has flower district, but anyone ever deal with someone there personally? Are there better places not in NY? maybe in NJ? Thanks for any leads

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
Re: Flower Business
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 12:22:30 AM »
Try asking people who are in the business in other neighborhoods. Maybe they will be nice enough to connect you with their suppliers because you won't be competing with them.

Offline bamo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 12:24:39 AM »
Try asking people who are in the business in other neighborhoods. Maybe they will be nice enough to connect you with their suppliers because you won't be competing with them.
Not sure why,  but everyone is soo guarded in this business.  I asked people in suburban towns miles away and get the sorry I can't help you respond. Very frustrating.

Offline sillypainter

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »
Would anyone know of a place in NJ/NY that i can buy very cheap flowers for a new flower business that I would like to open? I know the 28th street in Manhattan has flower district, but anyone ever deal with someone there personally? Are there better places not in NY? maybe in NJ? Thanks for any leads

You just need to do some surveillance outside and see who delivers to them. I live near a flower store and I can know exactly who their supplier is if I want to.

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:18 AM »
You just need to do some surveillance outside and see who delivers to them. I live near a flower store and I can know exactly who their supplier is if I want to.
If the trucks aren't marked - go over to the driver after he makes a delivery and ask him for the phone number

Offline stbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »

If the trucks aren't marked - go over to the driver after he makes a delivery and ask him for the phone number

May be easier to get a business card
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
It may be worth it to call up big companies that sell as a side like shoprite and ask to buy in bulk so you would get a cheap rate. They don't worry about competition