Author Topic: Travel online sites that cc gets billed directly by airline, hotel or car agency  (Read 820 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
There are some cards like Barclay's world arrival or blue amex that only reimburse you or enable you to use your points if you make qualified travel purchases.  Many times purchases from travel online sites do not qualify.  I thought it would be helpful if we can run down those travel online sites in which the cc get billed directly from the airline, hotel or car rental agency even though you make the reservation through the third party online site

1) Priceline

Online yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
There are some cards like Barclay's world arrival or blue amex that only reimburse you or enable you to use your points if you make qualified travel purchases.  Many times purchases from travel online sites do not qualify.  I thought it would be helpful if we can run down those travel online sites in which the cc get billed directly from the airline, hotel or car rental agency even though you make the reservation through the third party online site

1) Priceline
vayama, expedia, orbitz (it comes up on the statement as orbitz, but on the reference it says "on behalf of xxx airline) for flights

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
vayama, expedia, orbitz (it comes up on the statement as orbitz, but on the reference it says "on behalf of xxx airline) for flights

so for orbitz question remains is that a qualified travel purchase directly from airline?

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Do all Priceline bookings post as the airline/hotel?

For instance if I make a Sheraton booking on Priceline with my SPG card will it get 2x?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan