Author Topic: help with juror letter  (Read 19475 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: help with juror letter
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »
If for whatever reason they messed up the name (example "Moskowitz" to "Moshkowy") is there any point in even going down or are they gonna send you home because the name on the letter isn't you ?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2015, 08:41:01 PM »
If for whatever reason they messed up the name (example "Moskowitz" to "Moshkowy") is there any point in even going down or are they gonna send you home because the name on the letter isn't you ?
They dont usually mess up names because its based on how you filled out other government forms. And there is a Juror help desk that can fix any issues. Its once in 8 years in NY.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 08:44:59 PM »
They dont usually mess up names because its based on how you filled out other government forms.
Thats what's strange. Everywhere else it's spelled correctly, only they messed it up real bad.

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »
Nope just a violation. Not even a misdemeanor. But they will file a judgment, not a fine. And they can and do issue warrants to arrest. So tell it to the judge when they haul your chasidish tuchis with excuses down to court.

Mail fraud should do the trick.  Maybe try selling sungames?

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
Mail fraud should do the trick.  Maybe try selling sungames?
How about bank fraud. Apply for some credit cards and give outrageously false information

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 10:52:04 PM »
How about bank fraud. Apply for some credit cards and give outrageously false information
People do this?

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
Even a parasite seeking to shirk his civil duty wouldn't sink so low...

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
Everybody here always reported exactly how much income they had, never more? So why do people have such a hard time with FR's?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline The Kalashnikover

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »
The lynching that is going on here on this thread is disgusting. I know all too well what it feels like to smugly and condescendingly type a response to someone I consider a n00b but I don't actually act on that to vilify or spew hatred. Too many people here think that because they have a few extra posts than the next guy they're superior in some way. The fact is that the opposite is often true-the more time you spend here the less real work you do and the less your opinions about anything outside of he cyber world or points world should count. To be perfectly honest, your high post counts often reflects the harsh reality that you can't eke out a comfortable living and so need to resort to excessive gaming of the system.
Either way, enough is enough. After threads like this don't look around and wonder "why did XYZ leave" or "where is...". Now you know the answer-the mob mentality of people who think they're better than others is off putting to many. And the few civil members (often those who haven't been around as long) are afraid to speak out.
Despicable.
/end

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
The lynching that is going on here on this thread is disgusting. I know all too well what it feels like to smugly and condescendingly type a response to someone I consider a n00b but I don't actually act on that to vilify or spew hatred. Too many people here think that because they have a few extra posts than the next guy they're superior in some way. The fact is that the opposite is often true-the more time you spend here the less real work you do and the less your opinions about anything outside of he cyber world or points world should count. To be perfectly honest, your high post counts often reflects the harsh reality that you can't eke out a comfortable living and so need to resort to excessive gaming of the system.
Either way, enough is enough. After threads like this don't look around and wonder "why did XYZ leave" or "where is...". Now you know the answer-the mob mentality of people who think they're better than others is off putting to many. And the few civil members (often those who haven't been around as long) are afraid to speak out.
Despicable.
/end
And yet, you were too coward to post under your real name...

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
Despicable.
/end

Did you even read his question?  This isn't a "which CC is best," or "what's the cheapest flight from JFK - TLV," this is a "how can I get out of my civic duty that every American adult is responsible to perform?"

The flames he received were all well-deserved, IMO.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »
Did you even read his question?  This isn't a "which CC is best," or "what's the cheapest flight from JFK - TLV," this is a "how can I get out of my civic duty that every American adult is responsible to perform?"

The flames he received were all well-deserved, IMO.
+1. Not to mention the attitude

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 11:55:38 PM »
+1. Not to mention the attitude
Yup. If you ask a question and ask people to share their recommendations, and then say "bug off, who asked you" when somebody does just that, expect to get lambasted.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 12:01:31 AM »

Despicable.
/end

Had the lynching come before he told someone to "bug off" you may have had a point.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
On a serious note, the OP would have to sit on the trial of someone incompetent to be considered part of "a jury of his peers".

Maybe he's doing the court system a favor by staying away.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ydf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2015, 12:09:35 AM »
Despicable.
/end
thanks for your support,but the truth is I dont need chizuk the chizuk is all in my PM here on ddf it would be here a earthquake I wil say it again a earthquake if I would post here the privat messages with the names what I got the last few hours, just like you said ppl are afraid to talk out from this few big mouths here, but with one point I will argue with you thats the point you said that only the civil ones afraid you will be shocked of what brand names have send me PM from top to bottom thes just asked me nicely not to post it....... So lachen lacht der latzter :)

Offline ydf

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2015, 12:13:21 AM »
I'm personal finish with the ddf after seeing what ppl we have here, I have sent already a message to mod to pls delete my mambership here, this few guys here are reall disgusting it just bothers me why so much nice ppl has to suffer from them

Offline DMYD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:18 AM »
thanks for your support,but the truth is I dont need chizuk the chizuk is all in my PM here on ddf it would be here a earthquake I wil say it again a earthquake if I would post here the privat messages with the names what I got the last few hours, just like you said ppl are afraid to talk out from this few big mouths here, but with one point I will argue with you thats the point you said that only the civil ones afraid you will be shocked of what brand names have send me PM from top to bottom thes just asked me nicely not to post it....... So lachen lacht der latzter :)
The amount of times you said that you got PMs I doubt that anyone sent you PMs, but chill a bit.

Offline ydf

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:35 AM »
just to make clear the bug off statement came because when somebody is coming miserably that he got a letter to sit on a jury and he is asking advice how to turn out of it do you know the reason why I cant go do you know my personal life that I can go to the jury maybe this guy has a issue and he cant go down even he wants very strongly so dont answer him You lazy go to the jury, you all saw from my post that I mean it very serious and shlokdoc was the first one to start with that whole fun I was frustrated and that was the bug off   

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »
EVERYONE JUST GO AWAY!!! IT'S NOT FRIDAY YET!!!
Ps. We are just trying to save you from jail time.
I'm not who you think I am.