Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 277366 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #1500 on: March 29, 2016, 08:43:11 PM »
Just curious what's your real name and why don't use it instead of AJK?
First of all there are those here who do know who either AJK our I are. (Not sure if any know both of us) Anyone who knows me knows that this is me right away.

Secondly, there is a level of reputation that people have with their anonymous username. I have a reputation here, you do, CBC does, and others do. When someone isn't even ready to risk that reputation it is very telling.

It is very obvious from your posts why you are keeping this anonymous.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Avrumi#1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 29, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
Oh, come on. You honestly think that Rav Shmuel and Rav Shalom are just saying publicly they should separate but are actually encouraging the couple to stay together? That is some serious conspiracy theories.
Do we even know if you're "rumors" are true?

Where have they said publicly that they should separate? All RSK jr. said was ולהשומע ינעם.
1) Did he publicly retract from his position that RNG is a bar samche? 2) Did he publicly say that they
must
separate? 3) Did he publicly say - they way all original letters did - that offspring from this union are illegitimate?

Bottom line, R. Shalom said that it would be nice if they listen. Nothing more.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 29, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
Where have they said publicly that they should separate? All RSK jr. said was ולהשומע ינעם.
1) Did he publicly retract from his position that RNG is a bar samche? 2) Did he publicly say that they  separate? 3) Did he publicly say - they way all original letters did - that offspring from this union are illegitimate?

You have serious reading comprehension issues. He wrote that the heter had no validity.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 29, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
Did you realize that there was a new letter as well as a new psak? These are clearly new developments. Until now, they were saying that they'll listen to Rav Dovid Feinstein. Now that he has ruled, are they listening? Did they ever intend to listen?

Which part is a non-issue?
Those letters were not posted by you. All you did was regurgitate what was discussed before.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 29, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
You have serious reading comprehension issues. He wrote that the heter had no validity.
+10000
Now I understand why you needed a new name
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 29, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
I'm I the only one here wondering why I keep coming to this thread? I guess it's kind of being addicted to drugs.

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 29, 2016, 08:54:56 PM »
And you have serious naïveté issues (as has been seen before). Oh, and you also are never biased and you know everything (how can I have forgotten that?!?).

No matter what you or your Philly friends say this story is rotten to the core and yes both RSK and his son ain't looking too good. So if you want to keep believing in your little world in which these people can do wrong that's fine but don't expect that others will be as blind as you.

And no I don't know if any specific  rumors but I do know that based on past behaviors it wouldn't surprise me. The people behind this heter acted not only wrongly but also stupidly so I would t put something like this past them right now.

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 29, 2016, 08:56:55 PM »
1) Did he publicly retract from his position that RNG is a bar samche? 2) Did he publicly say that they  separate? 3) Did he publicly say - they way all original letters did - that offspring from this union are illegitimate?

Please stop defaming the Gods of Philly. You may incur the wrath of their worshippers.

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »
Is this what people like to do ?!?!?!
Create new usernames, so they can let out some inner animosity that they have towards some of the most helpful people on ddf.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 29, 2016, 09:02:14 PM »
First of all there are those here who do know who either AJK our I are. (Not sure if any know both of us) Anyone who knows me knows that this is me right away.

Secondly, there is a level of reputation that people have with their anonymous username. I have a reputation here, you do, CBC does, and others do. When someone isn't even ready to risk that reputation it is very telling.

It is very obvious from your posts why you are keeping this anonymous.

Some people are completely anonymous on DDF (I'm not but I do prefer my privacy), does that discredit their posts?
Sometimes people that are semi-anonymous want to have that fully anonymous privilege for certain conversations, its actually very common and accepted on many forums for users to have "throwaways".

There are times when a poster can't post a valid point about a certain topic because other users have preconceived opinions about the poster, and discredit anything they say. It is liberating for such a poster to post anonymously, this way their post can be judged at face value and not based on the popularity of the person posting it.

Unfortunately AJK and others get carried away by the fact that someone posted anonymously (call 911!! Someone posted anonymously on the internet!!) and attack the person instead of what they say. And unfortunately, AJK's reputation on this forum is convincing people to side with him even though he sounds absolutely ridiculous in this thread (seriously, find me one post of his that's on topic and is not involved in ad hominem attacks), while ironically calling posters hypocritical for not signing their name on every post.
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 29, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »

No matter what you or your Philly friends say
The only time I have ever stepped foot in the Philly yeshiva was at R Elya's leavaya
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:49:45 PM by aygart »

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 29, 2016, 09:05:35 PM »
Is this what people like to do ?!?!?!
Create new usernames, so they can let out some inner animosity that they have towards some of the most helpful people on ddf.

I see you're not following the convo but the anonymous posters were discussing the topic of the thread while being called out for being anonymous. Not sure where you saw otherwise.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:34 PM »
Some people are completely anonymous on DDF (I'm not but I do prefer my privacy), does that discredit their posts?
Sometimes people that are semi-anonymous want to have that fully anonymous privilege for certain conversations, its actually very common and accepted on many forums for users to have "throwaways".

There are times when a poster can't post a valid point about a certain topic because other users have preconceived opinions about the poster, and discredit anything they say. It is liberating for such a poster to post anonymously, this way their post can be judged at face value and not based on the popularity of the person posting it.

Unfortunately AJK and others get carried away by the fact that someone posted anonymously (call 911!! Someone posted anonymously on the internet!!) and attack the person instead of what they say. And unfortunately, AJK's reputation on this forum is convincing people to side with him even though he sounds absolutely ridiculous in this thread (seriously, find me one post of his that's on topic and is not involved in ad hominem attacks), while ironically calling posters hypocritical for not signing their name on every post.

That's a pretty absurd point.  If people wanted to be taken seriously they have more of a chance - even with any preconceived notions - by using their established username than a newly-minted pseudonym. 

And I don't know of any active forums that allow multiple accounts for this very reason.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 29, 2016, 09:14:12 PM »
That's a pretty absurd point.  If people wanted to be taken seriously they have more of a chance - even with any preconceived notions - by using their established username than a newly-minted pseudonym.

Not really. No one knows if its a new username or a new user.
And frankly it shouldn't matter. Reputation shouldn't matter more than merit.
But in this forum reputation is everything so may as well go with a fresh account.

And I don't know of any active forums that allow multiple accounts for this very reason.

Reddit is a very popular one
Visibly Jewish

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 29, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »

You're one of the few people here I wish I did know! Seriously it's good you use your brain-you got to make up for a lot of disuse that goes on over here.

And you're so right about AJK. People are almost "intimidated" by his "influence" here. It all comes down to the herd mentality that infects blogs like this (and much of the Internet, in fact) that causes people say/think/do what others tell them to.

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: March 29, 2016, 09:23:35 PM »
I see you're not following the convo but the anonymous posters were discussing the topic of the thread while being called out for being anonymous. Not sure where you saw otherwise.
Pretty astounding that peyote don't see this for themselves.

Guys, do your reading problems stem from vision, comprehension, or maybe some other mental issue? Stop harping over a username and focus on the content or don't comment at all.

Gosh, I thought the basics of logical conversation were down pat after like 4th grade.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 29, 2016, 09:38:37 PM »

Amy chance this guy is your other user name ?
LOL! You're great! Keep up the good work. You're often the sole voice of reason amongst the great geniuses here (though here you don't seem to be alone).

AJK, please either identify yourself (with your real name) or stop posting here (and same for others like you).

You're one of the few people here I wish I did know! Seriously it's good you use your brain-you got to make up for a lot of disuse that goes on over here.

And you're so right about AJK. People are almost "intimidated" by his "influence" here. It all comes down to the herd mentality that infects blogs like this (and much of the Internet, in fact) that causes people say/think/do what others tell them to.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 29, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »

Amy chance this guy is your other user name ?
Good guess but try again.
It's just another "great minds think alike" situation. (Or should I just say "normal people think alike"? Because this whole back and forth over a guy's username is so absurd it could only go on here amongst DDFers).

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 29, 2016, 09:45:53 PM »

If he would be making a point that would be one thing. He didn't. All he did was repeat things already discussed ad nauseam. He came and just started writing rudely to and about everyone. That is exactly why he needed a new username. So he can throw around insults and not be held accountable even within the forum. No other reason. Don't convince yourself otherwise.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 29, 2016, 09:47:12 PM »
Good guess but try again.
It's just another "great minds think alike" situation. (Or should I just say "normal people think alike"? Because this whole back and forth over a guy's username is so absurd it could only go on here amongst DDFers).
Stop coming here and insult DDFers.
To quote a first class nutcase (Trump) - "get him outta here".