Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 273957 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #1600 on: March 30, 2016, 02:16:56 AM »
I feel no need to PM you. I stand by my point that this thread stands to accomplish nothing. I don't think a single person posting here is stupid or delusional enough to claim or think to be posting here lshem shamayim because they think it will stop someone from being mezaneh.
I guess you're not following the conversation because even after what I said in my previous posts, I can still agree that this thread is no good.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 30, 2016, 02:18:16 AM »
I guess you're not following the conversation because even after what I said in my previous posts, I can still agree that this thread is no good.
OK. Glad we clarified that you agree with me.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1602 on: March 30, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »
The distance some will go to defend a few widely-condemned rogue Rabbanim because of identity politics.....

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 30, 2016, 07:10:42 AM »

Disclaimer: I want to have no association to the likes of this disgusting abomination.

People have spoken about the need to be mocheh a pirtzah in klal yisroel, I'm being mocheh this brazen lack of kavod talmidei chachmim, kavod hatorah, and kavod shamayim right now.

+1

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1604 on: March 30, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »
This entire thread was a disastrous mistake that never had a chance, IMO.

1) This story has nothing to do with almost everyone here. They are in no way involved, and it has almost zero impact on them. This isn't about using an eruv, drinking water or orange juice, eating fish or meat, wearing sheitals, or anything like that. This  specific story has almost zero impact on almost anybody here, and people have zero reason to be involved.

2) Even if it did have anything to do with you, is anyone here poskim or ma'an di'amrim on this case?! Some of the biggest poskim in the world are involved in this. Who does anyone here think they are to be putting in their personal opinions?!
What was the point of this thread; just to "hock"? It had zero constructive purpose, and stood to be a conduit of nothing positive.

This never stood any purpose but lashon hara. But that one capability that it did have; it fulfilled to the utmost. Some of the things that were said here.....

Being as there is nothing good and only bad that could have come out; has come out; and will come out of this thread; I wish it would be closed for comments or deleted. If anybody has any even ha'ezer questions, they can discuss it with their LOR and posek.

How does discussing your opinion of the Rabbanim involved help that?

Do you really think that discussing this here is called being mocheh, or that your machaa has any toeles? Besides, the question is not whether or not the heter of mekach taus exists. It's a question of whether or not it applies in this case. Once the question is the  specific case at hand, and not a general concept, them having a bunch of people with zero say and zero impact blabbing about the story lelo shum toeles is not a machah (lshem shamayim or not), it's stam lashon hara.

And there are people being mechallel shabbos befarhesia every week, plenty of people being mezaneh and intermarrying all over the place, and every aveirah under the sun being committed on a constant basis. I don't hear you being mocheh.

Disclaimer: I want to have no association to the likes of this disgusting abomination.

People have spoken about the need to be mocheh a pirtzah in klal yisroel, I'm being mocheh this brazen lack of kavod talmidei chachmim, kavod hatorah, and kavod shamayim right now.

What's the difference between chillul shabbos and eishes ish, may I ask you? Why does one warrant your machah more than the other? And there are plenty of people being oiver on kol harayos chamuros (bechol prateha, dikdukeha, vetoeivoseha). I don't see how this anybody sticking in their opinion qualifies as a machah, or what your machah over here or anywhere this is being discussed stands to accomplish.
If there was no heter here, and she just decided that she was done with frumkeit and wants to marry someone without a get, you wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I feel no need to PM you. I stand by my point that this thread stands to accomplish nothing. I don't think a single person posting here is stupid or delusional enough to claim or think to be posting here lshem shamayim because they think it will stop someone from being mezaneh.
Wow. I'm quite sure I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well done.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: March 30, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »
What's the difference between chillul shabbos and eishes ish, may I ask you? Why does one warrant your machah more than the other? And there are plenty of people being oiver on kol harayos chamuros (bechol prateha, dikdukeha, vetoeivoseha). I don't see how this anybody sticking in their opinion qualifies as a machah, or what your machah over here or anywhere this is being discussed stands to accomplish.

Good question.
But the answer is very simple.
If a Gadol/Gedolim would mattir using a smartphone or cooking food on Shabbos there would also be similar backlash, and not just from Rabbonim.

If there was no heter here, and she just decided that she was done with frumkeit and wants to marry someone without a get, you wouldn't bat an eyelash.

No kidding, dude.
But you can't rewrite history, because there was a heter here.
Visibly Jewish

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 30, 2016, 09:43:19 AM »
I'm just curious- all of you people out there that are being mezalzel Rabbonim (you know who you are), who do you consider the gedolia hador? Have they come out publicly and bashed the rabbonim? Or did they just make a macha against the heter? To the best of my knowledge (and I may be wrong as I don't know much about this case) it's been strictly the latter. No respected person in their right mind will chas v'shalom say the things that has been said here. And for good reason. I do know that none of my rabbiem, rabbonim, or people that I look up to have bashed any of the people involved, only the heter that may be tied to them.

//.02

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 30, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »
Wow. I'm quite sure I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well done.
I second that. Wish this thread would have never come into existence.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 30, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »
Good question.
But the answer is very simple.
If a Gadol/Gedolim would mattir using a smartphone or cooking food on Shabbos there would also be similar backlash, and not just from Rabbonim.

OK. So we clarified that you're protesting the heter, not the nevuluh being done. The heter is based on a concept that everyone agrees exists. The question is whether or not it applies in this specific case. Additionally, this is an area where everything is judged on a case by case matter. Therefore, I don't see how this compares to the shabbos switch, for example, in regards to being pertinent to anybody, which would justify their discussing it. Unless our gedolim have issued a  statement telling people they are obligated to mocheh the mattirim, I don't see how anyone feels they have the right to do so.
If you'll notice, all the kol koreis (that I've seen) carefully avoid condemning the mattirim or calling their yiras shamayim and yedias hatorah into question. Obviously, the gedolim writing them weren't as qualified as the erstwhile posters on this thread to make such a  statement.

No kidding, dude.
But you can't rewrite history, because there was a heter here.
I was responding to his claim that people felt obligated to be mocheh the aveirah being done. I was just pointing out that if the aveirah would've been done without any pretenses, nobody besides for those involved or in the capacity to have a positive impact would've said a word.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:55:34 AM by David Smith »
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 30, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
OK. So we clarified that you're protesting the heter, not the nevuluh being done. The heter is based on a concept that everyone agrees exists. The question is whether or not it applies in this specific case.
I think the reason this thread, and I assume elsewhere, degenerated into Rabbi insulting was because of the way the this case was investigated and shepherded through the process of discovering whether the concept applies in this specific case.

disclaimer: A mentsh speaks with respect to everyone, especially those who add Torah and mitzvos to klal yisroel.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 30, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »

OK. So we clarified that you're protesting the heter, not the nevuluh being done. The heter is based on a concept that everyone agrees exists. The question is whether or not it applies in this specific case. Additionally, this is an area where everything is judged on a case by case matter. Therefore, I don't see how this compares to the shabbos switch, for example, in regards to being pertinent to anybody, which would justify their discussing it. Unless our gedolim have issued a  statement telling people they are obligated to mocheh the mattirim, I don't see how anyone feels they have the right to do so.

There are times when using a smartphone on shabbos is muttar too. Like calling an ambulance for pikuach nefesh.
Now if a Rov says you can use a smartphone even without pikuach nefesh, is that ok? No.

Now yes, there is a concept of bitul kiddushin if a husband is certifiably insane - even though its controversial, let's assume we hold that it works 100%. If a Rov says that their is bitul kiddushin where the husband is completely sane, you must protest too.
The Rov is setting a very bad precedent by stretching the heter to a use case where it simply doesn't exist.
Visibly Jewish

Online Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1611 on: March 30, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »
The distance some will go to defend a few widely-condemned rogue Rabbanim because of identity politics.....

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:20 AM »
Of course it is all about the hetter.

The hetter that was a colossal chillul hashem, sereifas hatorah and zillzul bechol Dover shebikdusha.

Oy ledor shkach olsah beyomov.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:04 AM »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1614 on: March 30, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
Until then, please don't throw stones out of your brick house.

Maybe shy away from any idioms/descriptive adjectives until you grab a dictionary, sweetheart.

;D
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1615 on: March 30, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
Locked for further review.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)