Author Topic: Mechayamom's trip report of Kauai and then onward to the Big Island  (Read 8988 times)

Offline mechayamom

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Day 1
Flew United coach from EWR - SFO   and then SFO-LIH.
Did this on purpose so I could break up the trip.
Did this on the deal where United had a discount on points for booking flights to Hawaii.

Full flight from EWR - SFO.  Non eventful flight. I always bring my own food and of course plenty of chocolate. Stopped in the Centurion Lounge compliments of my Amex Platinum in SFO.  Nice place to recharge phones.  Nice buffet of non kosher food.  Had some juice and fruit and relaxed a bit. They have a bar, but since I am not a drinker, didn't really interest me. Was only a 2 hour layover so it was time to board.
We got Global Entry with our Platinum cards so TSA Pre for all flights.  Nice little bonus. Priority boarding with United Explorer card.

Flight to LIH was half empty middle seat empty.  Flight arrived about 7:30 PM.
Picked up our Mustang at Alamo, very quick no issues.  Used Costco Rates found those to be the best.  It was about $282 for 6 days.
It is quite small so we had to put our luggage in the back seat as well as the trunk.

Stopped in Walmart to pick up a few items, water, eggs, milk, peanut butter and jelly, fruit.  Then raced to Costco before they closed at 8:30 to pick up Blue Hawaiian Gift cards for my helicopter flight on day 2.

Checked into the Grand Hyatt  Got upgraded to a partial ocean front room  It ended up working perfectly for us. It was really a full pool view which is really nice, and it was at the end of the hallway so a nice quiet room.
People have posted pictures of the hotel.  It really is gorgeous.  Has a salt water lagoon, an adult pool, a water slide, two other pools, a koi pond, gorgeous grounds.  The room was nice.  Had great bath products and the crazy toilet that is a bidet, and dryer and heated toilet seats.
Small balcony outside overlooking the pool.  All good.

Something about this island made me lose track of what day and time it was.  Didnt really feel that sensation on the Big Island as much.
I had brought my own food in 3 packages.  Food for the week in Kauai, food for Shabbos, and food for the Big Island.  I called the sous chef from the front desk and gave him the box of food that was going to go to the Big Island and a cooler packed with food for shabbos.
The rest of the food I took up to my room.  I had requested a microwave and an additional fridge and they provided those to me.

So unpacked food and clothes and crashed after a long day of flying.
Left NYC about 11:00 AM and got to Kauai at 7:30 PM .

Day 2
Got up early.  Actually I got up early every morning the entire time.  Just couldn't sleep that long.
Brought Cereal and a 1 burner element with me.  Had picked up eggs, PAM spray, cottage cheese and yogurts in Walmart.
So had a good breakfast of Omelets, cheese, coffee..etc.  Packed lunches to go.  Tended to be things like almonds, fruit, yogurt, sandwiches, baby carrots, salad, tuna patties.sometimes tuna packets.  We were on the go all day.  Night time I heated up the mains I brought from home and we had plenty of food.  I was planning on grilling hot dogs, but went to every store on the island and there were no portable grills to be found.  I actually located one on the last night on the Big Island but at that point we werent in the mood.

Walmart, and Costco had a nice selection of stuff.  There even was a local grocery not far from the GH in Koloa that had a decent selection of stuff. 

We were planning on the 8:30 AM helicopter flight but woke up to rain.  Drove the tree tunnel road to Lihue.  There actually is traffic on that road, so it takes about 1/2 an hour.  They ended up cancelling the helicopter flight and rescheduling for Day 3.  My plan was to book the helicopter early, so in case of inclement weather we would have flexibility to do it another day and to swap out some other itinerary items.

Since we were already in Lihue, we decided to do the waterfalls.  Drove to Opaeka'a Falls.  Across the street is the Wailua River so stopped and took a photo there too.  I get what people say about those chickens...they are everywhere.
Then Drove to Wailua Falls, really nice falls.  We decided to drive north and check out the beaches and end up in Ke'e Beach for sunset.
Since it was cloudy and overcast we started our drive up North.  We stopped at a Longs drugs for some soda and chocolate.  One can never have enough chocolate.  There was a pop up farmers market.  They give out free samples of some of the fruit.  Bought some of those little apple bananas..they are quite interesting.

First stop Lydgate Beach and Kealia Beach.  Just took a look see as it was still raining.  Drove past the sleeping giant.  Anini beach next.  By then the sun was starting to come out.  We stopped at Kilauea Lighthouse and Nature Reserve.  The overlook over the black sand cliffs and which may be Hideaways below is really beautiful.  My husband enjoyed the information about the lighthouse original light system..he loves that stuff.
We drove through Princeville but couldn't find a place to park to go down to the Hideaways Beach nor to go explore the St Regis.  Drove around the entrance a few times and drove on.  Would have been nice to go in and explore.

Stopped in Hanalei Beach to watch the surfers.  The drive up is so green and lush, every shade of green imaginable.  Drove top down with the Mustang ...ahhh that is so nice. You know how many old people I saw driving Mustangs and Corvettes..it is quite funny.  Well I guess I am one of those old people too...just not THAT old.

Headed to Tunnels Beach.  Surf was too rough to do any swimming or snorkeling.  And Haena Beach Park.
Onwards up North over the one way bridges.  Most weren't too bad to cross.  But the DOUBLE one way bridge...that was a bit freaky.
You hope nobody is coming as you cross over one bridge and then the other.
Stopped at the Hanalei Valley Lookout and to the Wet Caves and the Dry Caves.
Finally ended up at Ke'e Beach.  Took a picture of myself at the Kalaulau Trail sign as that is as close as I am going to get to that hike.  Maybe another time I will attempt the first 2 miles in.  People who came out were saying the trail was extremely wet and slippery due to the rains.

There is one of the one way bridges that was slightly flooded..think it is called dip in the road near Mile 8.  You just never know what is underneath those puddles...but it was fine.
Stayed at Ke'e Beach and saw a most beautiful sunset.  The colors are just magnificent.
Then drove back to the Grand Hyatt in the dark.  Stopped in some grocery store picked up some fruit
Heated up one of our meals, watched some TV and end of night.

Day 3
Let's try Blue Hawaiian again.  Oh good..today's weather is much nicer.  Board our EcoStar flight , I forget the pilots name but he was really nice, and friendly and funny.  We got the front seats as per request and it is breathtaking.  I haven't watched the video yet but the audio cuts in and out of it, but the picture quality is good.  He took us over Jurassic Falls, explained how all the land is owned by the Robinsons...wide swath over Waimea Canyon, with the Waipo'o Falls.  Went up North and saw the beautiful Napali Coast.  Unimaginable blues of the water.  Then into Mount Waialeale.  The helicopter sits inside the mountain and lets you take photo ops of the humongous waterfalls.  Quite an amazing site.  Then he jokes about Julia Roberts owning a home there and her being on the island.  He had a fun banter going.  Great personality.
I tried not to focus on the pictures and just enjoy the ride as I knew I would have the video to watch...which I havent seen yet.  It comes on a USB stick in 5 parts.  This was my first helicopter flight.  The EcoStar is as advertised a really quiet smooth ride.  They give you Bose Headphones and you can talk to the pilot.  Loved the Ecostar experience so much, that I changed my reservation for the Big Island from the A-Star to the Ecostar..but more about that in the Big Island trip report.
The first day we went I was wearing a baseball hat and they werent happy about head coverings.  Next day I just wore a mitpachat scarf and told them it was for religious purposes.  So they gave me a headset to wear on my head until we got to the helicopter to keep my scarf on and then I swapped it for the Bose inside.  The people in Kauai at Blue Hawaiian were exceptionally nice.
After the flight you give them your camera and they take pictures of you in front of the helicopter.  By the way used the Blue Hawaiian Gift Cards for this.

So figured we would drive back towards the Grand Hyatt and do some local things and part of my West Side itinerary.
Stopped in Koloa Landing. It is a small town on the way to Poipu.  It was very quaint, had a monkeypod tree, small shops, a grocery store, Tshirt store, some old style things like old barber shop.  Again, the husband loves that stuff.  We also wanted to talk to the scuba store Fathom Five to see if they had shore dives going out.  We never did end up doing the dive there because it was at 8:00 AM Friday and we didnt make a reservation, and by the time we called they had left already.  The second dive was the afternoon which is more rough and closer to Shabbos so didnt do that.

Thought it would be nice to drive to the Maha'ulepu Beaches on the South Side.  We had the Mustang so started driving down it.  The road is massively pitted and the ground clearance on the Mustang is quite low.  We were swerving left and right to avoid gaping potholes. The road was not that bad until just after the CJM Stables.  At which point we continued on and bottomed out on one of the craters.   Got pretty scared at that point and turned around.  So did not get to Maha'ulepu today.  Would have been fine with a 4WD.

Headed towards the West side.
First stop Spouting Horn.  Nice spurt of water along crashing waves on the rocks.  Very Picturesque.  Continued Driving and
Stopped at Hanapepe Overlook.  Wanted to see the Glass Beach, so drove there.  There are some very old industrial buildings, interesting to see mixed among the beauty of Kauai.  I dont know what I was expecting but if I looked hard I was able to see pieces of glass in the sand.  If you drive up the hill, you can see an overlook where the waves are crashing and there are old pieces of motor parts stuck in the cliff side.  Guess I just wanted to see that.
Started driving to Polihale thinking that would be a perfect Sunset Location.  I planned my itinerary to take advantage of the sunsets. 
I got up in the morning to catch sunrise as DH slept away. 
The most magnificent sunrise was on Shabbos, of course, no camera just etched in my brain.  I got to to see the ball of the sun rise from below the horizon and move upwards into the sky.  The other sunrises were kind of just a glowing sun over clouds.  But Shabbos was just spectacular.

Back to my west driving.  Passed the Pacific Missile Facility and hit the road to Polihale. Another dirt road.  Also pitted and very rough.
After our experience with Maha'ulepu and the bottoming out, my Husband had enough and we turned around, so no sunset at Queens Pond or Polihale.  Stopped at Kekaha State Park Beach.  The Beach is soft sand and beautiful.  Wild surf but very very pretty.  Stayed a bit and decided to go to Salt Pond Beach Park for Sunset.  We actually liked that beach alot.

Bought ourselves those Bamboo Mats at Walmart for $2.00 each.  They work wonders on the sand as the sand rolls right off.  Actually brought them home with me.  Stopped in some of the little malls to walk around Shops at kukui ula.
Then back to GH for supper.

Day 4  Waimea Canyon Day
Still getting up early.  Got up for Sunrise at Shipwreck Beach.  Waves are quite tumultuous here.  GH has wooden bench swings that you can sit on and watch the sunrise/sunset.  After sunrise went for an early morning swim..tried out the lagoon and the other pools.  Went around snapping pictures of the grounds.  Back to the room to cook breakfast and head out to Waimea.  Guess it was about 10:00 or so when we headed out.

Got our daily 2 cold water bottles each and towels from the valet...very nice touch.  On the way up to Waimea, stopped at Menihune Ditch and the Swinging Bridge.  The Ditch is just that....a ditch where water used to filter to the fields.  My husband picks up on some sort of lever that keeps the water out during a flood.  I was standing very quietly on the swinging bridge...and it is moving..till I realize there is a guy walking towards me.  Spoke to a lady who was parked there waiting for somebody to come over the bridge. She said the roads had been washed out during one of the rains, so she picked up her friend from the bridge instead of driving around.

Waimea River below the bridge is pretty...little bit red...was worried all my clothes would be stained from the dye...that never happened.
Start driving up Waimea Canyon Drive and stop at the lookouts.
First Waimea Canyon Lookout.  There is a half dressed Hawaiian guy there with his sword and wreath of flowers for the tourists...ok..so I took a picture of him..why not.
Stop at various places on the way up and jump out and look at the canyon.  We get a good view of Waipo'o Falls. 

Next the Nihau Viewpoint.. the day is clear enough that we can see Nihau in the distance. 
So here is where the Canyon Trail starts for Waipo'o Falls.  We are doing that hike today.  My husband was smart and carried a lightweight Eddie Bauer backpack.  Don't know what I was thinking lugging my Costco Backpack but had quite a few bottles of water, snacks etc.
I bought hiking boots for this trip and glad I wore them for the footing.  It is about 1.6 or 1.8 miles each way...but it is alot of down hill followed by uphill..coming back is alot of uphill.  You climb to the top of the canyon, then down to the falls.  First to a little falls and if you walk around the ginger fields you come to the top of the Big Falls.  We are picking our way gingerly down  the mountain, and there are these local teenagers, in flipflops jumping down the mountain.  Parts were slippery, not from mud...just slippery sandy stuff.  Turns out the hikes were the highlight of my trip I think and wish I had done more. The vistas was like being in the Grand Canyon. There are no guardrails, you are at the edge of the cliff..with nice signs like cliff edge...danger. Got down to the waterfalls took a short break, walked to the other side of the falls and headed back up.  Oh, my husband has a date with my son every day learning Mishnayos with him.  They have been doing this for quite some time.  They decided when they complete all of the mishnayos, to keep track of all the crazy places that they have learned together.  So we stopped along the hike for 10 minutes as my husband sat on a rock and learned Mishnayos with my son.   Dan, think of the list of places you can come up with for your son.....
In all the hike took a little over 3 hours.  Then drove up to the upper lookouts.  First went to the Pu'u O Kila Lookout.  Got there and snapped a picture of the Napali coastline. Within 30 seconds the clouds rolled in as it was late afternoon and the entire place was covered in white.  You could not see anything..not mountains..not water.
So drove down to the Kalaulau Lookout and the clouds were clear over there.  Very beautiful overlook of the valleys and coast line.
There is some sort of white dome building there..Geological something maybe...forgot what the sign said
As this was afternoon lighting, the canyon and mountains were very pretty. 
Was getting late..drove down the other road Kokee maybe?, not Waimea Canyon Drive for another flavor. That road is very country like alot of greenery and fields.  Drove to Salt Pond Beach Park for another Sunset.  Got there just as the sun was setting.
Back to GH

Day 5
Took it a bit easy.  Sunrise at the beach, got more pictures of the hotel.  Got breakfast together and decided to Hike to the Maha'ulepu Lithified Cliffs.   Originally my itinerary was to walk on it on Shabbos...boy am I glad I didnt do that.  It is really hot up there.  And the walk to the Beaches we clocked at just over 5 miles round trip.
We took plenty of water and we went through more here than in Waipo'o Falls.  You are in the open so the sun beats on you.
One thing I was very careful about was sunscreen.  I made sure to put enough on so I didnt get burned.  One day there was one spot that was missed and in 5 minutes I was roasted.  Good thing it was only a small patch...but put that sunscreen on.
We got a map from the concierge but I wasnt paying much attention to it.
Seems there are two loops, an inner loop and an outer loop.  The outer loop you walk on the outer edge of the cliffs and the inner loop you walk on higher ground. I didnt know this.  We ended up taking the outer loop first.  I am afraid of heights..so not the best option for me.  and the sand was quite slippery...just soft sand up there.  I got halfway around the loop and realized I wasnt going further.  Actually got down on my butt and went down one of the ways I had gone up and figured...there has to be higher ground.  At that point we did find the inner loop and continued on.  Both loops meet up shortly afterwards anyway.  The walk is stunning.  There is alot here that reminds me of Israel.
This reminded me a bit of Rosh Hanikra..There are these white lithified cliffs overlooking crashing blue waters below.
You walk up on the top of the cliffs and pass through brush and then you cross onto a Golf course before you get back on the path.
Again, I was happy for my hiking boots.  You pass the CJM stables and from there you can see the beach.  The stretch of sand against the Blue ocean is amazing.  Somebody said there was a cave around there.  My DH was tired..so he sat on the beach and got to see the horses from CJM on their trail rides.  There was a strange dude who was giving a tour of the Makawehi Caves so I went. You have to crawl on your knees to get into the cave but once you get in it is big.  Then it opens onto an oasis with palm trees growing. it was a cave that caved in..was interesting.
Told us how the pool of water in there is so old that archeologists use it to determine the different types of lava flows.
Then we headed back.  My husband asked the horse riders if he could hitch a ride...they offered me a ride...but said he was on his own.  Anyway, I didnt go with the creepy horse dudes.
Beautiful hike...really enjoyed. It is fairly flat not much up and down...just open to the elements.
There is actually a rock with a red bench cushion on it.  I thought my husband was kidding when he wouldnt get up from it.  Oh yeah, he was learning with my son from there...sure enough there really is a cushion.

Stopped in Poipu Beach State Park to Snorkel.  Saw a turtle, a monk seal and some pretty cool fish.  First time snorkeling.  Visibility not great but good enough.

Got back to the hotel got my food from the freezer and heated it up for shabbos.
Thank you Dan for the list of items that need to be turned off for shabbos.   We came prepared with tape and cardboard.  Since we just had a standard room, much less sensors than the suites.
We had a great shabbos....total relaxation...best Shabbos ever.   I had brought grape juice, challos, chicken, cold cuts, salad, grill for friday night of lamb chops and skirt steak...we were eating very well.

After Shabbos there was a kids hula show in the lobby.  Had to go to bed early flight the next day to the Big Island.  Had the sous chef bring my food up from the freezer at 3:45 AM so I could pack it in my suitcase and head to the airport.

One NOTE:  Hawaiian Air says arrive 2-3 hours before the flight.  I asked the front desk what time I should be there..they said yeah...2 hours before...DONT LISTEN TO THEM IF YOU ARE TAKING THE FIRST FLIGHT OUT.  We were taking a 6:20 AM flight.  The Airport DOES NOT OPEN until 5:30 AM and Alamo didnt open until 5:15 AM.  So we rushed out at 4:00 AM to get to a closed and shuttered airport.
Lessons Learned:
1) Check what time the airport opens..we found the same thing on the Big Island
2) Something we thought would be handy is to have separate bags together for the different types of activities you are plannng to do.  That way you dont have to rummage though everything every day.  Like snorkeling things, beach things, hiking things...etc.

Those were the two things for this island.  Had a blast.. Very fun trip.
Thanks to all on this forum for contributing tips and helpful advice
Next trip report will be on the Big Island

There were a couple of things I noticed and complained about a bit.  Got 5000 points back.
One thing was my DH noticed the door jamb was kicked in...nails actually protruding..somebody must have broken in at an earlier time.  And the guy at the front desk who told me to be at the airport two hours earlier...whatever..you live you learn.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Mechayamom's trip report of Kauai and then onward to the Big Island
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 02:00:47 AM »
Nice!!!

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 02:08:06 AM »
Amazing!! Great TR! Any pictures?

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:12:37 AM »
Pix are on my iPhone. Best way to upload?

Offline E R K

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:42:55 AM »
Awesome! Looking forward to going one of these days!

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:32:13 AM »
Nice! I can't believe you beat me to it! I hoped to have my TR up by now.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 08:33:17 AM »
Pix are on my iPhone. Best way to upload?
There's this thread.
Thanks for the TR

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 09:27:04 AM »
Nice! I can't believe you beat me to it! I hoped to have my TR up by now.
I figured I would forget what happened.  I took some notes then went thru my pictures to jog my memory of what we had done and seen.
All in all a great trip.

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »

I figured I would forget what happened.  I took some notes then went thru my pictures to jog my memory of what we had done and seen.
All in all a great trip.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm enjoying your TR. I'm curious how you would compare the two islands? Did you prefer one over the other?

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm enjoying your TR. I'm curious how you would compare the two islands? Did you prefer one over the other?
I haven't had s chance to write that one up yet. I found the tranquility of Kauai very relaxing and spent more days on Kauai then on Big Island. Didn't get to experience enough of big island. But like everybody said. Very different.  4WD wrangler vs Mustang   Off road vs relaxing drives.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 02:00:53 PM »
Nice report! Thanks for taking the time to write it up. I hope you get a chance to upload pictures!

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
I skipped the whole part about the planning part.  How I badgered everybody on this forum for advice :).
Again, as 3yummyboys said, would love to help out anybody who needs info.

Although, I didn't take advantage of first class/business class seats (My husband doesn't mind flying coach and saving the miles for other adventures), when I saw the united discount of 25% I just grabbed the flights.

This trip for sure was not free.  But still an experience of a lifetime.

Thanks again and after I do the write up of the Big Island will try to post up some pictures.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
Great Kauai write up. Looking forward to the Big Island report! Pics would also be appreciated.

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Salt Pond Beach Park

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:09:03 AM »
OK I figured out Flickr..Yay for the old person...now I can post some pics
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Glass Beach

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Ecostar Helicopter from Blue Hawaiian...Dream of a ride

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

View of Napali Coast from the Heli

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Waimea Canyon from the Heli

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Jurassic Falls from the Heli
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Sunset on Ke'e Beach
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr
More sunset on Ke'e
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Wet Caves

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr
Kilaeua (?) Lighthouse

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr
View from Lighthouse

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr
Wailua Falls

Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr

Opaeka'a Falls
Kauai1 by mom, on Flickr
Nice Beachy...lost track of which is which

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:26 AM »
Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

From the Heli

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Spouting Horn

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Sunrise Shipwreck Beach in front of Grand Hyatt
Actually saw people jumping from the cliff

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Lithified Cliffs Up there

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Menehune Ditch Swinging Bridge

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Waimea River

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Top of Falls 2 from the Waipo'o Falls Hike...

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

View of Napali from Kalaulau Lookout

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Bridge over Waimea River

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Pretty grounds of the Grand Hyatt

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

My favorite picture

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:43:28 AM by mechayamom »

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 01:00:02 AM »
Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Waterfall 1 from Waipo'o Falls Hike

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Lithified Cliffs Hike to Mahalepu

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Inside the Makewehi Cave

Want more?

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:15 AM »
Kauai2 by mom, on Flickr

Offline mechayamom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 01:05:23 AM »
Want More?
Tell me what interests you from the trip report and I'll post up some pics.