Author Topic: Flying Alaska using BA Miles  (Read 2451 times)

Offline sl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Flying Alaska using BA Miles
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
Does anyone know what mileage level on Alaska needs to be available for BA to see it? Is it just SuperSaver or does the Choice level work as well?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Flying Alaska using BA Miles
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »
Does anyone know what mileage level on Alaska needs to be available for BA to see it? Is it just SuperSaver or does the Choice level work as well?
Generally only the lowest level can be booked by partners.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
What are my chances of getting BA to waive the phone booking fee for an Alaska Airlines flight (since it can't be booked online)?  I'm wondering if I ask and they say no, how many times I should hang up and call again? 

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 09:17:16 AM »
What are my chances of getting BA to waive the phone booking fee for an Alaska Airlines flight (since it can't be booked online)?  I'm wondering if I ask and they say no, how many times I should hang up and call again? 

To answer my own question --- I advised that I was on the computer ready to book and they waived the fee.

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 09:18:46 AM »
Also of note, BA told me it would be 10% of the miles to book a lap child on Alaska, then they said they could not do it at all at their end.  They told me I would need to book the  ticket without the lap child and call Alaska directly after I made the reservation to add the lap child. 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »
To answer my own question --- I advised that I was on the computer ready to book and they waived the fee.

Thanks for reporting back.

What did you end up booking?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
What did you end up booking?

SAN-SJD at 15,000 miles round-trip.

Taxes were $109 per passenger although AA and AK's website indicated taxes on the same flight should be $76.  I didn't argue since my call, like all my other experiences with BA, took more than 30 minutes. 

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

Taxes were $109 per passenger although AA and AK's website indicated taxes on the same flight should be $76.  I didn't argue since my call, like all my other experiences with BA, took more than 30 minutes.

$109/pax certainly seems high for that type of flight. Even $75 sounds high for that matter.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »

I explained the $32 BA scam here: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=11564.msg144878#msg144878

See here for the worthless BA response: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1282906-ba-collecting-usa-international-facilities-tax-award-tickets.html
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
And did you ever get clarity?

Did you contact BA?

EDIT: I'll see above.

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
Also of note, BA told me it would be 10% of the miles to book a lap child on Alaska, then they said they could not do it at all at their end.  They told me I would need to book the  ticket without the lap child and call Alaska directly after I made the reservation to add the lap child. 

Called Alaska and the infant is free to add to the flight, but that I will have to pay $7 for customs when we enter the US.