Author Topic: any thing to worry about changing planes in CDG paris due to the situation  (Read 1998 times)

Offline dwkl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
im looking at fares originating tel aviv the low fares require a stop and change of planes in paris .is their anything to worry about due to the situation in paris now.
i personally experienced an anti semitic situation in CDG and vowed never to stop off in paris again but as they say hakesf yaane es hakol
but my experience was a year ago now it seems the whole country which btw is 10% muslim is on wheels     

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
im looking at fares originating tel aviv the low fares require a stop and change of planes in paris .is their anything to worry about due to the situation in paris now.
i personally experienced an anti semitic situation in CDG and vowed never to stop off in paris again but as they say hakesf yaane es hakol
but my experience was a year ago now it seems the whole country which btw is 10% muslim is on wheels   

And what is the point of this post? You seem to be as aware of the situation there as we are. You will rely on us on whether to stop off there or not? It seems that you have made up your mind already.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
It seems that you have made up your mind already.

Right, he's looking for us to validate his decision. That's ok, we're all human.

Offline yakrot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
What was your situation last time?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
What was your situation last time?
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
to answer everyones questions
1)reason for posting was i wanted to get a consensus if people are still  using CDG as a transiting airport despite the situation, with the rationale that the airport is well protected and if anything perhaps now even more then regular

2)my personal  story was we were switching planes in paris routing was TLV>CDG>EWR we had an 1hr 45 min connect time bet flts being we traveled business cls i figured id go to the lounge and daven schachris (would be more comfortable then doing it in middle of the airport) my wife was in wheelchair  the chap who came and wheeled her was adamant their was no time to stop in the lounge as we would miss the flight (guess he just wanted to finish his job and get rid of us, we soon figured out why) which puzzled me  so i stopped another airport wheel chair person to verify this asking her if we would miss our flt if we first went to the lounge  she spoke to my wheel chair person  in french and  he conceded reluctantly to drop us off at the lounge and would come get us after 25 minutes   
   i davened and went to the desk requesting for the wheel chair fellow to come get us and bring us to our gate for the connecting flt, he was 1/2 hr late, and we were really nervous about making our connecting flt( the best is yet to come though) when my wife took a selfi of herself and the wheel chair person, the guy blew it and reached to grab my wifes cell phone knocking it out of her hands in a tug of war with my wife  in order to erase his  picture screaming in french that its illegal to take pictures in the airport.  he refused to take us to our connecting flt but was finally convinced by the lounge personnel to finish his job (boy did he finish his job) he took us to the opposite end of the airport which we needed and dropped us off like a sack of potatoes i looked around didnt see our gate or flt at that location and started wheeling the wheel chair plus lugging 2 wheeli hand luggages and carry ons myself , by now were really frantic about missing our flt .
  we were  some sight i finally stopped an airport person asking them if they could direct me to the proper gate which was on the other side of the airport in meanwhile i found our culprit and started snapping his picture on my cell phone sreaming in english making a commotion trying to get police or anyone with authority to tell my story to. i was finally offerd help by another airport person and got to the gate we were the last ones on  (they were waiting for us b'h)they asked me if i had any weapons i said yes my mouth the security personal werent amused but i asked for the police as i wanted to make a complaint against our wheeli cousin i had his picture and may still follow up with delta  the delta airport manager came after my commotion and was sympathetic she  gave me her direct e mail and explained that the airport personal are hired and paid directly by delta to take care of transporting their wheelchair passengers so at least delta took my complaint seriously

turns out  the perp is our cousin his first  name was ACHMAD .(HES FROM THE 10 %ERS MUSLIM POPULATION IN FRANCE) that should answer everyone's questions ( it definitely  answered mine )

that my fellow ddfrs(and dan shlita) is my paris saga.I vowed after that never to travel thru paris
  but the price of $545.00 to NEWARK  on AF is tempting especially since its not me its for my son  :)

Offline momo

• View Profile
Ok. So if i understand this correctly, your "VOW" is worth around 200? I guess that's better than some.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
to answer everyones questions
1)reason for posting was i wanted to get a consensus if people are still  using CDG as a transiting airport despite the situation, with the rationale that the airport is well protected and if anything perhaps now even more then regular

2)my personal  story was we were switching planes in paris routing was TLV>CDG>EWR we had an 1hr 45 min connect time bet flts being we traveled business cls i figured id go to the lounge and daven schachris (would be more comfortable then doing it in middle of the airport) my wife was in wheelchair  the chap who came and wheeled her was adamant their was no time to stop in the lounge as we would miss the flight (guess he just wanted to finish his job and get rid of us, we soon figured out why) which puzzled me  so i stopped another airport wheel chair person to verify this asking her if we would miss our flt if we first went to the lounge  she spoke to my wheel chair person  in french and  he conceded reluctantly to drop us off at the lounge and would come get us after 25 minutes   
   i davened and went to the desk requesting for the wheel chair fellow to come get us and bring us to our gate for the connecting flt, he was 1/2 hr late, and we were really nervous about making our connecting flt( the best is yet to come though) when my wife took a selfi of herself and the wheel chair person, the guy blew it and reached to grab my wifes cell phone knocking it out of her hands in a tug of war with my wife  in order to erase his  picture screaming in french that its illegal to take pictures in the airport.  he refused to take us to our connecting flt but was finally convinced by the lounge personnel to finish his job (boy did he finish his job) he took us to the opposite end of the airport which we needed and dropped us off like a sack of potatoes i looked around didnt see our gate or flt at that location and started wheeling the wheel chair plus lugging 2 wheeli hand luggages and carry ons myself , by now were really frantic about missing our flt .
  we were  some sight i finally stopped an airport person asking them if they could direct me to the proper gate which was on the other side of the airport in meanwhile i found our culprit and started snapping his picture on my cell phone sreaming in english making a commotion trying to get police or anyone with authority to tell my story to. i was finally offerd help by another airport person and got to the gate we were the last ones on  (they were waiting for us b'h)they asked me if i had any weapons i said yes my mouth the security personal werent amused but i asked for the police as i wanted to make a complaint against our wheeli cousin i had his picture and may still follow up with delta  the delta airport manager came after my commotion and was sympathetic she  gave me her direct e mail and explained that the airport personal are hired and paid directly by delta to take care of transporting their wheelchair passengers so at least delta took my complaint seriously

turns out  the perp is our cousin his first  name was ACHMAD .(HES FROM THE 10 %ERS MUSLIM POPULATION IN FRANCE) that should answer everyone's questions ( it definitely  answered mine )

that my fellow ddfrs(and dan shlita) is my paris saga.I vowed after that never to travel thru paris
  but the price of $545.00 to NEWARK  on AF is tempting especially since its not me its for my son  :)
where did you see anything about antisemitism directed at you?

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
where did you see anything about antisemitism directed at you?

+100
Work hard, Play harder!

Online username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Ok. So if i understand this correctly, your "VOW" is worth around 200? I guess that's better than some.

its not me its for my son  :)
^^^

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Actually sounds like you're the bigot, not him.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Random q. Why did your wife take a selfie with him?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Actually sounds like you're the bigot, not him.
Indeed
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Not so Random q. Why did your wife take a selfie with him?
FTFY
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
did it yesterday, no prob!

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
she wanted a picture of herself in the lounge not specifically trying to get achmad

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
the fact he wanted to dump us asap when we were entitled to go to the lounge seems to indicate in retrospect that it was due to the fact he doesn't like ....

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
the fact he wanted to dump us asap when we were entitled to go to the lounge seems to indicate in retrospect that it was due to the fact he doesn't like ....

Wow. What a ridiculous and racist assumption. Its because of logic like this that there are issues in the world.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
While I agree that you were treated poorly, not a situation I would want to be in. I do not necessarily think it's anti semitism that occurred. That being said it is possible to experience anti semitism anywhere in Europe (and the world) i would not be worried for my safety or anyone else's in cdg.