Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 241607 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #1380 on: May 06, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »
What's Paul Ryan's game? I don't get it

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1381 on: May 06, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »
All these statement by leading Republican figures are simple, all those who didnt get caught up in the trump phenomenon need to be explained to them why they should vote for him, why hes any better than Hillary. Theyre not caught up in the hype and the hate, they want substance, real conviction, no flip flopping policy, and most importantly conservative policy. They're just as sick of trump as they are of hilliary. His opinions of abortion, minimum wage, gay marriage, tariffs and trade wars among others  have got to stay consistent. The meaning behind Paul Ryans comments, that hes not ready is simply, i want to vote for you etc but youll need to convince me, i dont go for the hype. I believe that a nice percentage of nevertrumpers would gladly vote for him if he comes out and explains why, not just because "millions of people came to the party because of me" or "we're winning winning winning". The claim of "lets unify", is true, but to unify you must be all inclusive not just because millions follow like blind sheep.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 06, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »
Ryan should be helping Trump get elected, not playing 'hard to get' games like some old voter somewhere.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1383 on: May 06, 2016, 02:01:16 PM »
Ryan should be helping Trump get elected, not playing 'hard to get' games like some old voter somewhere.
Why should he?
Because Trump stole the GOP platform for his own agenda?
Trump could have run as a DEM and also been nominated, the party is just the conduit for his power.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ydad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 06, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
Why should he?
Trump could have run as a DEM and also been nominated, the party is just the conduit for his power.
I see you agree with Dilbert's author...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 06, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »
He's 100% correct. Trump's positions don't matter, he just says what people want to hear. What he says to one crowd, to the next crowd, and to the NYT editorial board and just based on what they want to hear.
The point is the power and adulation that he craves. He couldn't care less about minimum wage or abortion policy.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1386 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
He's 100% correct. Trump's positions don't matter, he just says what people want to hear. What he says to one crowd, to the next crowd, and to the NYT editorial board and just based on what they want to hear.
The point is the power and adulation that he craves. He couldn't care less about minimum wage or abortion policy.

+1

However, he is NOT Hillary - and that might be a reason to vote for him. As I've stated previously, the thing I am most concerned about is SCOTUS nominations, we know Hillary can do a lot of damage with that, it might be a case of ברי ושמא (לשלילה) שמא עדיף!  That being said, I don't live in OH or FL or even VA or any of the other states which under some scenarios might be in play, so I just don't vote in the General Election.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ydad

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 06, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »
+1

However, he is NOT Hillary - and that might be a reason to vote for him. As I've stated previously, the thing I am most concerned about is SCOTUS nominations, we know Hillary can do a lot of damage with that, it might be a case of ברי ושמא (לשלילה) שמא עדיף!  That being said, I don't live in OH or FL or even VA or any of the other states which under some scenarios might be in play, so I just don't vote in the General Election.
A lot really depends on which way the Senate goes.

The bottom line is that the biggest potential impact a president has is with SCOTUS nominations. With one currently empty seat (which might or might not stay vacant up to the election) and the Bader-Ginsburg likely to retire during the next president's term, we could be stuck with a left leaning Supreme Court for a long time. That scares me!!!

But then again, I live in NY, so I don't vote in the general election, as my vote doesn't count.
REPOST!

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1388 on: May 06, 2016, 02:43:01 PM »
REPOST!

מנחות י. - כדתנא דבי ר' ישמעאל כל פרשה שנאמרה ונשנית לא נשנית אלא בשביל דבר שנתחדש בה

it might be a case of ברי ושמא (לשלילה) שמא עדיף! 
-- Dan

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »
Hard to belive these days but maybe he actually does have some political beliefs  and principles he actually believes in
Why should he?
100 percent. On a similar note I felt all along one of the other candidates should have put him on the spot to name the contents of a specific article or  amendment to the constitution. Like what's the 11th amendment or something but then again I guess the masses wouldn't care if the president even knows the constitution....

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 06, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »

Hard to belive these days but maybe he actually does have some political beliefs  and principles he actually believes in100 percent.
No way. He's just meshubad to not make Romney look more like the monkey that he is.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1391 on: May 06, 2016, 04:25:14 PM »
Hard to belive these days but maybe he actually does have some political beliefs  and principles he actually believes in100 percent. On a similar note I felt all along one of the other candidates should have put him on the spot to name the contents of a specific article or  amendment to the constitution. Like what's the 11th amendment or something but then again I guess the masses wouldn't care if the president even knows the constitution....
What's better to know the Constitution and blatantly ignore it (Obama) or to not know it?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 06, 2016, 04:27:00 PM »
No way. He's just meshubad to not make Romney look more like the monkey that he is.

The only class of people that are bigger liars and with less ethics than politicians are journalists.
-- Dan

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 06, 2016, 04:32:14 PM »
What's better to know the Constitution and blatantly ignore it (Obama) or to not know it?
He wasn't running against Obama in the primary

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 06, 2016, 04:35:43 PM »

The fact that he doesn't care about those issues is a positive from my perspective. Minimum wage and abortion are not the issues this country needs to tackle to right itself, those are just populist derailers. Say what needs to be said to get those myopic voters on your side. The real issues are where America is bleeding.... too much burden from 'peace keeping', too much government corruption, too much tax money going to moochers, etc. Not that Trump will actually  tackle those issues, but at least we know he's on the right side of them.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: May 06, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »
Not that Trump will actually  tackle those issues, but at least we know he's on the right side of them.
No, you don't.
What big picture policy do you think he's going to fix? He talks out of both sides of his mouth just so you feel good about him and give him the power and ego boost that he so craves.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 06, 2016, 04:43:35 PM »
The fact that he doesn't care about those issues is a positive from my perspective. Minimum wage and abortion are not the issues this country needs to tackle to right itself, those are just populist derailers. Say what needs to be said to get those myopic voters on your side. The real issues are where America is bleeding.... too much burden from 'peace keeping', too much government corruption, too much tax money going to moochers, etc. Not that Trump will actually  tackle those issues, but at least we know he's on the right side of them.
Trump cares about a total of one thing. It's a five letter word. He talks about it all day. It's very intelligent. It's well endowed. It has loves all nationalities. It's written on the back of ties. There's a building named for it. There are resorts named for it. There are nonexistent universities named for it. Three guesses what it is.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline hachover

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »
No, you don't.
What big picture policy do you think he's going to fix? He talks out of both sides of his mouth just so you feel good about him and give him the power and ego boost that he so craves.

You don't think we heard his real opinions on illegal immigration and national debt back in the beginning when he was not taken too seriously? I do.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 06, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »
You don't think we heard his real opinions on illegal immigration and national debt back in the beginning when he was not taken too seriously? I do.
He's not a liar about his opinions. He's even lower than that. He has no opinions. He just says whatever you want to hear. He has just one opinion: I am the greatest thing to ever happen to planet earth, and deserve to be POTUS accordingly.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 06, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »
He said what you wanted to hear. He tells another group something else.

Trump cares about a total of one thing. It's a five letter word. He talks about it all day. It's very intelligent. It's well endowed. It has loves all nationalities. It's written on the back of ties. There's a building named for it. There are resorts named for it. There are nonexistent universities named for it. Three guesses what it is.

He's not a liar about his opinions. He's even lower than that. He has no opinions. He just says whatever you want to hear. He has just one opinion: I am the greatest thing to ever happen to planet earth, and deserve to be POTUS accordingly.
Bingo.
I'm still holding out hope for a 3rd party campaign as these options are atrocious.