Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 241977 times)

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 22, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »
You mean like when Bush left? It took a few years to reverse that disaster.
I'm not comparing presidents and their legacy. All I'm commenting on is my belief that the QEs of Obama's presidency are what caused your 250% gains and can not be maintained for long term and may even have adverse long term effects on our economy.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1601 on: May 22, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »
I'm not comparing presidents and their legacy. All I'm commenting on is my belief that the QEs of Obama's presidency are what caused your 250% gains and can not be maintained for long term and may even are likely to have adverse long term effects on our economy.
FTFY
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1602 on: May 22, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
I'm not comparing presidents and their legacy. All I'm commenting on is my belief that the QEs of Obama's presidency are what caused your 250% gains and can not be maintained for long term and may even have adverse long term effects on our economy.
QE is not done by the president but by the Fed. If that is the cause then we should credit Bernanke who was a Bush appointee.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 22, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
All I can go by is what happened.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 22, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
QE is not done by the president but by the Fed. If that is the cause then we should credit Bernanke who was a Bush appointee.
I know that, but my understanding is that the president sets the tone for these policies. Just like the drive by conservative talk show hosts couldn't scream enough about how these policies are destroying our economy and trying to stick it on Obama.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: May 22, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »
All I can go by is what happened.
What's Bush gotta do with it ?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1606 on: May 22, 2016, 01:10:57 PM »
I know that, but my understanding is that the president sets the tone for these policies. Just like the drive by conservative talk show hosts couldn't scream enough about how these policies are destroying our economy and trying to stick it on Obama.
They are policies which Bush set the tone for.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
Bush left the economy in a disaster and BO turned it around. That is what I mean by I can only go by what happened.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Newcc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 22, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »
Bush left the economy in a disaster and BO turned it around. That is what I mean by I can only go by what happened.
It's unbelievable how in politics ppl take sides based on the subjective points of view then fit it in inllectually l, there is an argument for and against both and each president.

Generally it's going to be credited to what happend on a presidnets watch weather or not the sitting president is responsible or can really take credit.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1609 on: May 22, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »
What were you earning on your savings accounts or CDs during the Bush years vs the Obama years?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 22, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »
What were you earning on your savings accounts or CDs during the Bush years vs the Obama years?

Two sides to that coin; what were you paying on your mortgage and auto loans?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 22, 2016, 01:21:35 PM »
I have no CD's and very little in savings that mattered.

Offline Newcc

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 22, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »
Two sides to that coin; what were you paying on your mortgage and auto loans?
Exactly my point! Two sides to every story.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 22, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
I understood that you were taking a (typical democrat's) shot at Bush. My question is what that has to do with our discussion. I thought we were discussing if Obama's policies were what caused your significant gains and if so, what the long term effectsnof these polocies are.
Cmiiw, but you dont strike me as a typical Democrat (or even a democrat at all) so other then not being able to resist an opportunity to bash Bush, why bring him into the conversation ?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 22, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
I understood that you were taking a (typical democrat's) shot at Bush. My question is what that has to do with our discussion. I thought we were discussing if Obama's policies were what caused your significant gains and if so, what the long term effectsnof these polocies are.
Cmiiw, but you dont strike me as a typical Democrat (or even a democrat at all) so other then not being able to resist an opportunity to bash Bush, why bring him into the conversation ?
I am glad someone understands I am not a Democrat.
I have no idea what the long time effect if any will be. The next president gets the credit or the blame for how the market does during his/her term.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1615 on: May 22, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
BO inherited an economy in crisis. There were multiple reasons and not one culprit that brought it about. But to quote someone everyone here admires (not): "You never let a serious crisis go to waste". And while we might all have tremendous disdain for the messenger of that quote (Rahm Emanuel), in politics it is absolutely true.

BO used plenty of executive orders and Czars in his regime. However he failed to take meaningful action to use the crisis to put the country and the economy on the right track. Some serious infrastructure spending would have done a lot more good to the economy than bailing out the Auto Unions.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Newcc

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 22, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
BO inherited an economy in crisis. There were multiple reasons and not one culprit that brought it about. But to quote someone everyone here admires (not): "You never let a serious crisis go to waste". And while we might all have tremendous disdain for the messenger of that quote (Rahm Emanuel), in politics it is absolutely true.

BO used plenty of executive orders and Czars in his regime. However he failed to take meaningful action to use the crisis to put the country and the economy on the right track. Some serious infrastructure spending would have done a lot more good to the economy than bailing out the Auto Unions.
That's what's so amazing with politics, BO doesn't  feel that way, he says hey I did so much despite all odds, he says the economy would be worse off if not for him.  Healthcare, gay rights, middle east "democracies" , the deal of Osama Bin Ladin.... altough many americans feel like BO faoled them he would say quite the contrary. Politics go figure.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 22, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »

Didn't he advocate for investing in our infrastructure do the disdain of Rs.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 22, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
Didn't he advocate for investing in our infrastructure do the disdain of Rs.
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story line.  :)

Disclaimer: I did not vote for BO.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 22, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story line.  :)

Disclaimer: I did not vote for BO.
I didn't vote either. Nor am I a proponent of Os. I'm apolitical at this point, dont think my positions are represented in any way by the 2 extreme parties that have taken over our politics.