Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 241325 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #1820 on: July 05, 2016, 01:44:56 PM »
True. Hillary is adored by hers
You're nuts.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 05, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
JTZ, you forgot the pass part again.

This will be the least numbers game party line vote of all time...
I think we will agree they are both unfavorable candidates? Didn't want say hated in a PC thread.  :)

When that is the situation IMHO you don't have much choice but to vote party lines. How could you switch parties for someone you (insert your own word)?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1822 on: July 05, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »
I think we will agree they are both unfavorable candidates? Didn't want say hated in a PC thread.  :)

When that is the situation IMHO you don't have much choice but to vote party lines. How could you switch parties for someone you (insert your own word)?
Do I go with the one I hate but know that the path they will take won't lead to a catastrophe or do I go with the one I hate but might turn out to be decent or might just lead to catastrophe?

Is that a party line decision?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 05, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
Do I go with the one I hate but know that the path they will take won't lead to a catastrophe or do I go with the one I hate but might turn out to be decent or might just lead to catastrophe?

I thought we were talking about this election?  :)

All seriousness that sounds like and independent approach and not a "D" or "R" approach.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 05, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »
Great line! "Our only hope is that somewhere down the road, Hillary will kick in a hotel room door to get back some bobble heads she feels she's owed."

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1825 on: July 06, 2016, 12:55:21 AM »
Do I go with the one I hate but know that the path they will take won't lead to a catastrophe

or do I go with the one I hate but might turn out to be decent or might just lead to catastrophe?

Dan, I know you like to use hyperbole at times, but I am not sure this is your intenti here.

Catastrophe?! What catastrophe? How much power do you really think the POTUS has? And given what you KNOW about Trump, do you really think he is interested in committing suicide?

People are are also saying Brexit is (use your own negative adjective). In reality it's simply the unknown and uncharted. But after all, things will work out somehow or another, and it might (will IMHO) end up better than had the outcome been remain.

I am personally scared of the most influential outcome of this (and any) Presidential election, the SCOTUS nominations. Given past experience, I would definitely choose the unknown (and tell me that you know who Trump might nominate) over the known (who is being pushed even further left than her own agenda).

The bottom line of this election cycle (as well as many things happening all over the world, in totally uncharted territory) for us, is to simply stop putting so much trust in our power, and in our leaders, and realize who is really running the show!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 06, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »
You're nuts.

No one is debating that- try to stick to the points being discussed instead
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1827 on: July 06, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »

Which is the one you think may lead to catastrophe? I assume you mean the one who would pander to the terrorists, allow Iran to get nukes, nominate quacky Supreme Court Justices, advance degenerative social policies, expose classified information to adversaries, sell out foreign policy to the highest "donor" etc. :P I am not so sure it is only that she "may" lead to catasrophe.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 06, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »
I'm just as scared about those things as I am about a promised trade-war that cripples our economy and inciting anti-semitism without even having a clue:
http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 06, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
I'm just as scared about those things as I am about a promised trade-war that cripples our economy and inciting anti-semitism without even having a clue:
http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/
What incited the antisemitism in the article-his tweet or hers?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: July 06, 2016, 11:59:46 AM »
No candidate in my lifetime has managed to incite the anti-semitism that Trump has managed without even being president.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 06, 2016, 12:05:14 PM »
What incited the antisemitism in the article-his tweet or hers?
No candidate in my lifetime has managed to incite the anti-semitism that Trump has managed without even being president.
I wouldn't go so far as to say incite. But without a doubt he's been playing toward that demographic, and made absolutely no effort to quiet that aspect of his support base.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 06, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »
What did he incite? Without everyone looking to pounce on every word of his as bigoted a lot of this wouldn't exist.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 06, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say incite. But without a doubt he's been playing toward that demographic, and made absolutely no effort to quiet that aspect of his support base.
Do you think that the Hillary tweet was intended by Trump to insinuate that she is "owned by Jews" or to mean that she is a criminal who will do anything for money?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 06, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
It was created by someone who most definitely did.

And Tweeted by Trump either playing to that demo or that he's just clueless about its significance as shown by his media retort afterward.
Either option is downright scary for a President.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 06, 2016, 12:10:17 PM »
Either way it's quite uncomfortable.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: July 06, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
Do you think that the Hillary tweet was intended by Trump to insinuate that she is "owned by Jews" or to mean that she is a criminal who will do anything for money?
Hard to be sure about anything, but we've seen this often enough out of him that it's hard not to think he's doing it intentionally. Not that he necessarily thinks HRC is owned by Jews, but he thinks it'll push the right buttons for certain voters.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 06, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Hard to be sure about anything, but we've seen this often enough out of him that it's hard not to think he's doing it intentionally. Not that he necessarily thinks HRC is owned by Jews, but he thinks it'll push the right buttons for certain voters.
Where have you seen "enough of this"? Can you give more examples? My feeling is that they simply don't give enough attention to what they repeat and retweet. That is a big mistake since it allows the bigot narrative to continue and be confirmed, and may be fatal to his campaign, but I have yet to see that he is intentionally riling up the bigot voting block. They are on his side anyhow-why would he keep doing that?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
Where have you seen "enough of this"? Can you give more examples? My feeling is that they simply don't give enough attention to what they repeat and retweet. That is a big mistake since it allows the bigot narrative to continue and be confirmed, and may be fatal to his campaign, but I have yet to see that he is intentionally riling up the bigot voting block. They are on his side anyhow-why would he keep doing that?
I'm talking about violence at rallies and speeches, other times he's retweeted things from very racist sources, etc. Not paying attention to what they repeat and retweet is probably a very naive explanation, but even if it's not, it's not a very good excuse for a presidential candidate. Like I said, it's hard to be sure, but my perspective is that a pattern has emerged, and the most likely explanation is the one I put forth. As far as having them on his side already - it doesn't actually work like that. He still needs as many of these people to actually turn up to vote as possible, and riling them up is the best way to do so.

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 06, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
My vote is for Kanye.... You see now you get it

It's one big joke
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"