Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 237314 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »
So what do you guys think? Did Trump answer the questions? Did he have a good night?

Didn't have a great night, but his supporters are stubborn and time will tell whether his inability to answer many of the questions posed to him will have any impact on his standing.

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
So what do you guys think? Did Trump answer the questions? Did he have a good night?
It doesn't really matter cause his supporters will support him no matter what, proof? They're still supporting him!

Offline Ydad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2016, 12:04:32 AM »
Over this week a came up with the first semi-rational reason I was able to think of for why someone would vote for Trump. It has nothing to do with the establishment or anything of the sort. This country is being overrun by a cancer call political correctness. The PC police make people scared to say anything because it may offend someone. We have seen people destroyed simply due to a political opinion that some groups called discriminatory. People feel that Trump is the chemotherapy for this cancer. He may end up being a horrible president, but no one ever saidchemo is pleasant. His bad p[olicies can be reversed by future presidents but if we lost our freedom of expression we lost our country.

ETA: I personally would probably support Cruz, but I finally came up with some reason why someone would vote for Trump.
Meh, there is no rational reason to support Trump. It's all emotional connection. And that's the biggest reason why people like him have support. Obama was a similar story.

Offline pixi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2016, 12:06:17 AM »
It doesn't really matter cause his supporters will support him no matter what, proof? They're still supporting him!
On the last debate he had a really terrible night (in my opinion) I was sure then that his polls gonna drop but it never happened.  I guess your are right..
money doesn't talk......      it SCREAMS !

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2016, 12:09:08 AM »
This was posted in the NYT on  1922.  Sounds similar to trump.  (please don't jump on me,  I'm not comparing him to hitler)

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2016, 12:18:30 AM »
Anyone who supports Trump is either a kook or a vile racist.
then we got many of them in this country
#TYH

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2016, 12:33:35 AM »
then we got many of them in this country

Oh yeah

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2016, 12:45:44 AM »
Very pareve night for Trump. On the one hand he was on the defense most of the time which is no good; but on the other hand he actually did answer some of the questions with some substance.

Rubio IMO did not do too well. He seemingly got the impression by the last debate that without bullying he won't get much, so this time he went to the extreme opposite and only bullied and only screamed over others talking. I feel that he was lacking the balance of laying out policies and attacking others at the same time. It's a shame. Besides for the fact that he looked a little under the weather and somewhat stressed out.

Kasich did do pretty well. Of course he had he two-line repeat which he voiced over and over but in between he did speak some tachlis. Way too late in the game though.

Cruz also had a pareve night, no gains and no losses. He did have the balance that Rubio lacked.

Carson was the biggest winner. There wasn't a single question that was posed to him that we didn't get a clear, concise and satisfying answer...

The audience were the biggest losers of the night. It was somewhat a waste of time and more booing than cheering. I was sickening, especially with guys from the audiences shouting so many times.

Fox had a brutal night. In my opinion they were the biggest attackers and bullies of the show. They basically only posed sticky questions and putting candidates on the defense. Very little substance on their end.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:52:17 AM by Work-for-ur-muny »

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2016, 12:54:56 AM »
Dismissing Trump's support as a bunch of kooks is dangerous.
It's ignoring the fact that this guy is winning big.

It's a mixture of Americans being so obsessed with celebrities, and getting scammed by a big talker. (And pure racists)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:16:38 AM by Baruch »

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »
Savage is right- enough of these debates, they are ridiculous, lacking substance and a general waste of time.
A much more informative way to do this would be to present the same policy questions privately to each candidate, and then air them all together, so people can get a clear picture of who each candidate is and what they truly represent.

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2016, 01:00:08 AM »
I must say that Megan Kelly was really nice to trump,  although she could of attacked him much worse.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:03:40 AM by pixi »

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2016, 01:01:37 AM »
I must say that Megan Kelly was really nice to trump,  she could of attacked him much worse.
Those three video excerpts were terrible as well as other questions of the sort.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »
Those three video excerpts were terrible as well as other questions of the sort.
Not true. This is what a debate is all about. She asked a fair question and Trump did really well in his answer.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2016, 01:43:41 AM »
Not true. This is what a debate is all about. She asked a fair question and Trump did pretty well in his answer.
FTFY

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:16 AM »
Dismissing Trump's support as a bunch of kooks is dangerous.
It's ignoring the fact that this guy is winning big.

It's a mixture of Americans being so obsessed with celebrities, and getting scammed by a big talker. (And pure racists)
Trump is exactly what Obama and Sanders are: a populist!

Populism is extremely dangerous, as it's success rides on rhetoric rather than substance. Populism is the double edged sword of democracy, and has brought to power destructive leaders (or people of influence) around the world, to name a few (in no specific order): Obama, Hitler, Chavez, Lapid (Sr. & Jr.),  Morsi.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »

Very pareve night for Trump. On the one hand he was on the defense most of the time which is no good; but on the other hand he actually did answer some of the questions with some substance.

Rubio IMO did not do too well. He seemingly got the impression by the last debate that without bullying he won't get much, so this time he went to the extreme opposite and only bullied and only screamed over others talking. I feel that he was lacking the balance of laying out policies and attacking others at the same time. It's a shame. Besides for the fact that he looked a little under the weather and somewhat stressed out.

Kasich did do pretty well. Of course he had he two-line repeat which he voiced over and over but in between he did speak some tachlis. Way too late in the game though.

Cruz also had a pareve night, no gains and no losses. He did have the balance that Rubio lacked.

Carson was the biggest winner. There wasn't a single question that was posed to him that we didn't get a clear, concise and satisfying answer...

The audience were the biggest losers of the night. It was somewhat a waste of time and more booing than cheering. I was sickening, especially with guys from the audiences shouting so many times.

Fox had a brutal night. In my opinion they were the biggest attackers and bullies of the show. They basically only posed sticky questions and putting candidates on the defense. Very little substance on their end.
I agree on your assessment of kasich and Rubio.
Not so much Trump and Cruz.

Can you point to one substantive answer that Trump gave.
I thought Cruz had his best night by far and except for few occasions landed good attacks on Trump while not looking like a 3rd grader.
On a separate note. This debate was a new level of childish. At one point I would have left the stage if I was a candidate. And they really should not allow the crowd to cheer or boo it jusf makes the entire thing feel like a game show

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2016, 08:26:19 AM »
The only way I can u derstand why Trump is doing so well is that Democrats are voting for him. They realize that his nomination is their best path to winning the white house. It would also explain why there were so many new "republican" voters.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »

Do you really believe that it's unfair to confront a candidate with a video of themselves?

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

That's a little bit cute. Let's do more.

Obama: We HOPE we can change it.
Rubio: Only if we get someone with big hands we can change it
Cruz: Praise the lord and pray that he gives us the strength to change it
Kasich: Let's remain positive about the situation with the lightbulb
Sanders: Why do rich people have all the working lightbulbs? Go get a new one from their house
Clinton: I never said anything about killing lightbulbs. This is a vast right wing conspiracy
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.