Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 237257 times)

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »

Yes I do.
What about him appeals to you?

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2016, 11:43:44 PM »
What about him appeals to you?
The fact that the establishment hates him. They hate him more than they hate ISIS.

Just watch the Romney speech. It seriously stinks!
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2016, 11:49:29 PM »

The fact that the establishment hates him. They hate him more than they hate ISIS.

Cut your nose off to spite your face? Or do you think he'll actually make a good president?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2016, 12:09:35 AM »
Cut your nose off to spite your face? Or do you think he'll actually make a good president?
Yes, I think he will be a great President. And I have 0 problem with the fact that he does not have a plan laying around for and ONE reason, "show me one president who kept what he promised while he was running" this who gesheft is political corruption! I mean how in the world can you have a plan when you are not sitting in the Oval Office?  The answer is that the all talk no action politicians don't plan on delivering anything anyway, so they talk away. Trump understands that he does not have the experience and he says it over and over that he is going to pick a team and that is why I support him. But we need him because he is the only one who is going to do what is needed without fear of the super packs in regards to put a stop in spending billions of dollars for pharmaceutical, research groups, unnecessary military equipment and so on, and is the only one who is not afraid to say I will ban Muslims which is something we absolutely need.  Trust me, there is a reason why the establishment is fighting tooth and nail to see him out. Not because they think he is not a good candidate, it is because they are going to lose all their special interest supporters! Wake up and smell the coffee! Our government is corrupt.

I am still nauseous from Romney's political correct speech. It stunk so badly. Seriosly! What is the establishment thinking? They see people are fat up from them and they just add salt to the wounds by sending Romney give that speech. In fact that speech only helped Trump.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2016, 01:53:39 AM »
not a chance.
his math does not add up.
established candidates equal 50%+ of the vote.
Once they start to drop out and the votes consolidate to one candidate, trumps toast.
No brainer IMO. Mark my words.
He has a strong floor of passionate supporters but has an incredibly firm ceiling of ppl who will NEVER vote for him.
Trump again after a week of brutal attacks STILL pulls off a huge victory in 3/4 states!!!

I still have your words marked FWIW.

Offline eli1571

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2016, 04:28:43 AM »
What's the delegate count so far ?

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2016, 06:10:28 AM »
What's the delegate count so far ?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
Yes, I think he will be a great President. And I have 0 problem with the fact that he does not have a plan laying around for and ONE reason, "show me one president who kept what he promised while he was running" this who gesheft is political corruption! I mean how in the world can you have a plan when you are not sitting in the Oval Office?  The answer is that the all talk no action politicians don't plan on delivering anything anyway, so they talk away. Trump understands that he does not have the experience and he says it over and over that he is going to pick a team and that is why I support him. But we need him because he is the only one who is going to do what is needed without fear of the super packs in regards to put a stop in spending billions of dollars for pharmaceutical, research groups, unnecessary military equipment and so on, and is the only one who is not afraid to say I will ban Muslims which is something we absolutely need.  Trust me, there is a reason why the establishment is fighting tooth and nail to see him out. Not because they think he is not a good candidate, it is because they are going to lose all their special interest supporters! Wake up and smell the coffee! Our government is corrupt.

I am still nauseous from Romney's political correct speech. It stunk so badly. Seriosly! What is the establishment thinking? They see people are fat up from them and they just add salt to the wounds by sending Romney give that speech. In fact that speech only helped Trump.
So basically you want him bc he says he doesn't know anything and will pick a team. Oh and he supposedly won't be beholden to lobbiyists (though he essentially was one his while life ). That's a tremendous leap of faith your taking to hand some one the keys to the most powerful position in the world.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2016, 09:13:09 AM »

He will pick a team? What kind of team? Are you sure it will be a team with the priorities you want?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »

You are nuts.

I'm going to vote for Hillary the crook over Donald the fascist.

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »

You are nuts.

I don't think he is a fascist, his bark is a lot harsher then his bite.
I agree that he's not a true partisan conservative but I don't think he is a liberal either.
I think he believes in common sense (almost said common core lol), and that's his true political standing.
It just so happens to be that many common sense policies are in line with the republican side of the aisle. But on occasion when the Dems are the ones with the common sense he may agree with them.
This is why he flip flops sometimes because unbiased common sense opinions tend to evolve.
It's the same reason why he's not giving clear cut policies on many issues, it's because he doesn't have them yet, he is not checking off a list of partisan views he is supposed to be having, he will wait until he is in the Oval Office and see all the facts and variable and make the common sense decisions then.
He should really be starting a new party called the "common sense party". (I would say CSP, but that's already reserved for chase sapphire :)

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »
I agree that he's not a true partisan conservative but I don't think he is a liberal either.
I think he believes in common sense (almost said common core lol), and that's his true political standing.
It just so happens to be that many common sense policies are in line with the republican side of the aisle. But on occasion when the Dems are the ones with the common sense he may agree with them.
This is why he flip flops sometimes because unbiased common sense opinions tend to evolve.
It's the same reason why he's not giving clear cut policies on many issues, it's because he doesn't have them yet, he is not checking off a list of partisan views he is supposed to be having, he will wait until he is in the Oval Office and see all the facts and variable and make the common sense decisions then.
He should really be starting a new party called the "common sense party". (I would say CSP, but that's already reserved for chase sapphire :)
Common sense? U are being facetious?

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
You are nuts.

I beg to differ. You Sir, might be the one that is nuts. ;)

You are showing a location in NYC, and you really think your vote counts for anything in a general election?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2?
"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."
Some variations-but not nearly as good
Ben Carson
“Y’know what people really want is for someone who is just going to tell them the truth about 2+2 in a civilized manner. What people are sick and tired of is these Washington politicians who simply argue and bicker about 2+2. What I will do is just give the simple answer. 2+2=4”

Marco Rubio
“That is just another example of how Donald”  “Little Marco”  “Of how Donald just doesn’t have a” “Little Marco” “How he doesn’t have a plan. All he can say is how he will be the best on 2+2 but what will he do about 2+2? All he can say” “Of course we have a plan-It is the best plan” “So Donald, what is your plan?” “We are gonna add them” “That is all you can say? That isn’t a plan” “Little Marco”

Ted Cruz
“You see, this is the problem with Washington today! The math just doesn’t add up! We need to ensure that the math done in Washington is done properly and not by entrenched politicians. When Reagan did math it added up”

John Kasich
“Well I was the only one who actually did math with Ronald Reagan and actual made 2+2=4 and in Ohiotoday2+2 equals 4”

Hillary Clinton
“We need to be more inclusive in this country. As Secretary of State I fought not only for the 2s but also for the 1s and the 3s. We can’t discriminate against the non-even crowd! Why should they be called odd?” “I’ve already answered this so many times-There is no math in my emails at all. Anything that is not called math was only classified as math now but when I sent it they were only science”

Bernie Sanders
“This is a prime example of how our system is rigged! Why does 2+2 need to always equal 4 that is unfair to our middle class they also want to equal 4! Why can’t 3+3 equal 4!?”

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »
So basically you want him bc he says he doesn't know anything and will pick a team. Oh and he supposedly won't be beholden to lobbiyists (though he essentially was one his while life ). That's a tremendous leap of faith your taking to hand some one the keys to the most powerful position in the world.
I never said he is gonna be good? Who knows what he is gonna be? I said

I can not give this corrupted politicians another chance!

I can not stand how billions of dollars in tax payers money are going to waste because the big companies OWN the politicians.

Exactly why I am not afraid to hand him over the keys! The reason why he is flipping on issues is because unlike other politicians he will do whatever common sense will tell him and not be afraid of everyone calling him out on it!

For example, banning Muslims for a short time period and bringing back waterboarding etc to Terrorist who chop of heads is COMMON SENSE! But no politician would talk about it! 75% of R voters yesterday said that they are for the ban! C'mon don't sell me that they are all racist! They just have common sense.

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2016, 10:46:01 AM »
BTW I believe all those ads claiming Trump is a racist and he wants to ban all the Muslims etc etc is only getting him more votes,
A lot of people want those things to happen but they cannot say it out loud, now if they see that Trump us actually supporting those ideas they'll just vote for him.

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:05 AM »
I can not stand how billions of dollars in tax payers money are going to waste because the big companies OWN the politicians.

So instead you'll vote for the guy who was buying the politicians?

As an aside where do you think trump is going to get the Billion + dollars that it will take to compete in the general election?

Offline Ephcc90

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56:18 AM »

You trust Donald Trump to shrink government more than Ted Cruz? The "establishment" hates him too.

Also, the analysis of Trump's policy statements to date will add 10+ trillion to the debt... Not exactly fiscally conservative...

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 09, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
I never said he is gonna be good? Who knows what he is gonna be? I said I can not give this corrupted politicians another chance!

His issue is not with the cronyism but that the crony isn't him. By being president he will be the ultimate crony!

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 09, 2016, 11:03:55 AM »
So instead you'll vote for the guy who was buying the politicians?

As an aside where do you think trump is going to get the Billion + dollars that it will take to compete in the general election?
Not sure if he was buying the politicians or not, just because Cruz says so does not mean that I have to believe it.

But either way, here again is his common sense, I did not expect him being an idiot seeing everyone partying and he should stay out! But he saw what is going on, he did not like it, and that is why HE is here now to fight it.