Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 240600 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #720 on: March 20, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »
Just saw the poll for the first time (I'm always on tapatalk) can someone other them Illherman explain why they are voting for trump
I'll just say what Mr Trump would tell you right now.

"Wow, you are sooooo politically correct"     :P   
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
I'll just say what Mr Trump would tell you right now.

"Wow, you are sooooo politically correct"   
Why would he tell that to him?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2016, 11:50:11 PM »
Just saw the poll for the first time (I'm always on tapatalk) can someone other them Illherman explain why they are voting for trump

Over this week a came up with the first semi-rational reason I was able to think of for why someone would vote for Trump. It has nothing to do with the establishment or anything of the sort. This country is being overrun by a cancer call political correctness. The PC police make people scared to say anything because it may offend someone. We have seen people destroyed simply due to a political opinion that some groups called discriminatory. People feel that Trump is the chemotherapy for this cancer. He may end up being a horrible president, but no one ever saidchemo is pleasant. His bad p[olicies can be reversed by future presidents but if we lost our freedom of expression we lost our country.

ETA: I personally would probably support Cruz, but I finally came up with some reason why someone would vote for Trump.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 21, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »
Poll edited. Vote away!
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08:03 AM »

Offline Welder

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »
"We need more welders and less philosophers" — Marco Rubio

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 21, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
Wasn't it reseted yesterday?

Offline Welder

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 21, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
Wasn't it reseted yesterday?
No, yesterday, candidates that had dropped out were removed from the poll, but the results hadn't been reset.
"We need more welders and less philosophers" — Marco Rubio

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Wasn't it reset yesterday?
FTFY.
(I'm not gonna make a joke about Trump loving the poorly educated.)
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #729 on: March 21, 2016, 12:06:57 PM »
FTFY.
(I'm not gonna make a joke about Trump loving the poorly educated.)
He is not poorly educated. He's just not writing in English. It's a dialect of Yinglish (out of various Yinglish dialects spoken on DDF)
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline jungarmtl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 21, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »
can kasich finish his speech now?

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 21, 2016, 06:04:55 PM »
Is that lone Kasich vote cast by Dan?

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 21, 2016, 07:27:46 PM »
I can't believe so many people are still clicking for Cruz. He's got absolutely nothing to offer. Even if you don't like Trump, at least have someone who can be a lesser evil than Hillary.

People must be blinded by how the media portrays Trump. It's easy for the media to make a smear campaign against him... usually the opposing candidates have to pay for a 30 second spot of bias. Trump is the only one with a vision I'd like to see fulfilled. Make America great again.... I'd like that. Hillary thinks its already great, which shows how clueless and behind the curve she is.

Obama visits Cuba today to show his disdain again for all things America believes in. He has a bash America party with buddy Castro and declares prior US presidents to be idiots. Hillary represents a continuation of Obama and a nod to his leadership. How can anyone even bring themselves to consider her?  She reeks of corruption and murder, she is part of the legacy of Obama, one which includes disdain for the war of terrorism, disdain for Israel, disdain for America's past, disdain for the constitution (at least parts of it). He only has tolerance for dictatorships like Iran, Cuba, Muslim Brotherhood, and ISIL. We should be putting him on trial - not on late night talk shows.

Sorry for rambling, but my message is simple. You may not like Trump but at this point you have no other choices.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
I can't believe so many people are still clicking for Cruz. He's got absolutely nothing to offer. Even if you don't like Trump, at least have someone who can be a lesser evil than Hillary.

People must be blinded by how the media portrays Trump. It's easy for the media to make a smear campaign against him... usually the opposing candidates have to pay for a 30 second spot of bias. Trump is the only one with a vision I'd like to see fulfilled. Make America great again.... I'd like that. Hillary thinks its already great, which shows how clueless and behind the curve she is.

Obama visits Cuba today to show his disdain again for all things America believes in. He has a bash America party with buddy Castro and declares prior US presidents to be idiots. Hillary represents a continuation of Obama and a nod to his leadership. How can anyone even bring themselves to consider her?  She reeks of corruption and murder, she is part of the legacy of Obama, one which includes disdain for the war of terrorism, disdain for Israel, disdain for America's past, disdain for the constitution (at least parts of it). He only has tolerance for dictatorships like Iran, Cuba, Muslim Brotherhood, and ISIL. We should be putting him on trial - not on late night talk shows.

Sorry for rambling, but my message is simple. You may not like Trump but at this point you have no other choices.
Ok nice to hear your opinion, there are other opinion's as well.
["-"]

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »
Trump is the only one with a vision I'd like to see fulfilled. Make America great again.... I'd like that.

Is that the whole thing? That he says make America great again? What is his vision of what a great America would look like? If I would have any idea how to answer that I may be more confident with him. From his past history I would not say that it is the same as what I would consider a great America.

Ideologically Cruz is much further from Hillary than Trump. I have no real reason to believe Trump is significantly different thn Hillary on many issues. Why do you think Cruz has nothing to offer? If anything he has much more to offer in policy than Trump who has barely articulated anything more than saying "Make America great again".

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2016, 07:39:07 PM »

The media hired Trump to make such a bad impression of himself, and paid him off not to discuss a single coherent policy move? That's.... novel.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #736 on: March 21, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »

See http://www.mauldineconomics.com/this-week-in-geopolitics/why-the-president-isnt-all-that-important and pay special attention to the last few paragraphs, of which I will quote one profound sentence: "In the end, policies, like plans in war, die the first day in office. But the character of the president might make a difference."

I don't think anyone in this election comes close to Cruz when it comes to character.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08:19 PM »
See http://www.mauldineconomics.com/this-week-in-geopolitics/why-the-president-isnt-all-that-important and pay special attention to the last few paragraphs, of which I will quote one profound sentence: "In the end, policies, like plans in war, die the first day in office. But the character of the president might make a difference."

I don't think anyone in this election comes close to Cruz when it comes to character.

Whats so great about Cruz's character? That he has religion?

I can't tell you anything you dont already know about what "Make America Great Again" means. We may all have different ideas of what it means. Just like "Hope and Change" was meaningless, but resonated with what the public was desperate for at the time.

To me, make america great means stop cowering and apologizing to other countries for our imperfections. If all Trump stands for is a person who is unashamed to be American, then that is something I crave right now in the white house.

It means stop being reliant on welfare and unions to provide people with income. Let's go back to when the American worker was productive and lived by his accomplishments.

It means being successful and unashamed about it. Like we once were.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 21, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »

What if, beginning tomorrow,  Hillary starts saying everything trump is now saying? You would call her bs, and not believe her. Now tell me why we should treat Trump any differently.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 21, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »
Whats so great about Cruz's character? That he has religion?

I can't tell you anything you dont already know about what "Make America Great Again" means. We may all have different ideas of what it means. Just like "Hope and Change" was meaningless, but resonated with what the public was desperate for at the time.

To me, make america great means stop cowering and apologizing to other countries for our imperfections. If all Trump stands for is a person who is unashamed to be American, then that is something I crave right now in the white house.

It means stop being reliant on welfare and unions to provide people with income. Let's go back to when the American worker was productive and lived by his accomplishments.

It means being successful and unashamed about it. Like we once were.
What makes you think that it means the same thing to trump as it means to you?