Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 237297 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »

Whats so great about Cruz's character? That he has religion?
That he actually has opinions and stabs by them
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2016, 09:15:21 PM »

I can't tell you anything you dont already know about what "Make America Great Again" means. We may all have different ideas of what it means. Just like "Hope and Change" was meaningless, but resonated with what the public was desperate for at the time.

To me, make america great means stop cowering and apologizing to other countries for our imperfections. If all Trump stands for is a person who is unashamed to be American, then that is something I crave right now in the white house.

It means stop being reliant on welfare and unions to provide people with income. Let's go back to when the American worker was productive and lived by his accomplishments.

It means being successful and unashamed about it. Like we once were.

You think Cruz apologizes for America? 

You think Trump is anti-union? His whole shtick,  and his base are blue collar white union people. He will not do / say anything that is anti-union.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 21, 2016, 09:17:41 PM »

I can't tell you anything you dont already know about what "Make America Great Again" means. We may all have different ideas of what it means. Just like "Hope and Change" was meaningless, but resonated with what the public was desperate for at the time.

To me, make america great means stop cowering and apologizing to other countries for our imperfections. If all Trump stands for is a person who is unashamed to be American, then that is something I crave right now in the white house.

It means stop being reliant on welfare and unions to provide people with income. Let's go back to when the American worker was productive and lived by his accomplishments.

It means being successful and unashamed about it. Like we once were.
Health, wealth, happiness, and peace in the world. That's my motto. Sounds pretty good, no? So now you're going to vote for me? Of course not, because anyone can promise the world. I haven't presented any coherent plan how I'm going to deliver that. Neither has the Donald.
Possibly Trump's most important endorsement thus far came from Ben Carson. He said "You can vote for this guy. I can vouch for him that he's a liar." Doesn't that sound reassuring?
Mr. Trump is not unashamed to be American. He's unashamed to be a supremacist. America was founded on principles contrary to every word the guy says.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:22:10 PM by David Smith »
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 21, 2016, 09:19:46 PM »
That he actually has opinions and stabs by them
Freudian slip?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #744 on: March 21, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »
No personal offense, but that sounds like you've been taking debate lessons from Trump.

Respond with an outrageous statement that has a grain of truth in it, but implies a lot more than it says, all while keeping the discussion at a very shallow level.

What do you know about Cruz?

That he's the only one of the candidates that got to argue positions in front of the SCOTUS?

That he actually is consistent in his positions?

That he is disliked by the party elites PRECISELY because he's unwavering in his positions?

That he's smart enough to put a poison pill into legislation so that it cannot be used for its intended (bad) purposes?

Oh, and just by the way, religion, and more so - one's adherence to their own religious principles, speaks VOLUMES of a person's character!!!

I have interacted with various non-Jewish religious people, Christians, Mormons and others. And I can tell you that in most cases truly religious people tend to be people of character. It is true that a Goy will NEVER truly grasp what it means to be a jew (Halevai we should all grasp and appreciate it properly), but I will take a truly religious Goy over an assimilated Yid in a heartbeat. (That being said, I still intend to vote for Bernie if he survives until the NY primaries).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 21, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »
I can't believe so many people are still clicking for Cruz. He's got absolutely nothing to offer. Even if you don't like Trump, at least have someone who can be a lesser evil than Hillary.

People must be blinded by how the media portrays Trump. It's easy for the media to make a smear campaign against him... usually the opposing candidates have to pay for a 30 second spot of bias. Trump is the only one with a vision I'd like to see fulfilled. Make America great again.... I'd like that. Hillary thinks its already great, which shows how clueless and behind the curve she is.

How can anyone even bring themselves to consider her?  She reeks of corruption and murder, she is part of the legacy of Obama, one which includes disdain for the war of terrorism, disdain for Israel, disdain for America's past, disdain for the constitution (at least parts of it).

Sorry for rambling, but my message is simple. You may not like Trump but at this point you have no other choices.

You do realize that the only Republican who consistently loses to Hillary in polls (RCP average of -6) and has worse favorability that Hillary is Donald Trump.

A vote for Trump in the primary is a vote for President Clinton.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 21, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »
@exgingi Fyi, in every single poll, Bernie does better than Hillary against all the republican matchups. You may want to consider voting for Cruz and stop Trump from 1237

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #747 on: March 21, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »
@exgingi Fyi, in every single poll, Bernie does better than Hillary against all the republican matchups. You may want to consider voting for Cruz and stop Trump from 1237
If you think being registered Republican in NY makes any sense, I challenge you to show me how. Do you even know how NY delegates are awarded in NY? I didn't check, as I don't think it would matter, but given NY political culture I would venture to say that party insiders are not likely to cede control to any pesky NY voters.

I don't even think my vote for Bernie (even if he survives to the NY primaries) will make any difference, it's just a statement and possibly a fun thing to do. The only time my vote in NY can count is in very local elections where there are more than 2 candidates with serious backing running (an almost impossible situation).
-- Dan

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »
Well, if nothing else I can now see how Cruz got so many votes in this DDF poll :P

Gingi - if I've offended you personally in any way, I apologize. If not, try to respond like a grownup. OK, now I apologize for offending you.

Look all, I'm not saying that Trump is a great guy at all. But Cruz makes my skin crawl. You can tell me all the great lawyerly things Cruz has done and we can debate what that means for his candidacy. And maybe you would even convince me. But I think it's way too late for Cruz to beat Trump, so I'm not sure why you think debating that is a worthwhile topic anymore.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline tec

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2016, 10:19:29 PM »
Following

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 21, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
Well, if nothing else I can now see how Cruz got so many votes in this DDF poll :P

Did you notice the wording of the poll question?

Gingi - if I've offended you personally in any way, I apologize. If not, try to respond like a grownup. OK, now I apologize for offending you.

Couldn't have meant me. 1. I am ExGingi, 2. It is almost impossible to offend me, 3. I can't even see how one might think I was offended. Any mention of offensiveness was just meant as a preemptive apology to you.

But I think it's way too late for Cruz to beat Trump, so I'm not sure why you think debating that is a worthwhile topic anymore.

Here's what you might be missing: none of this discussion makes any difference whatsoever (except if here and there a vort about אמונה or יראת שמים slips in and ends up affecting someone). This is purely a form of entertainment. Some people follow baseball and enjoy it, other people enjoy political discussions.
-- Dan

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 21, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
I am ExGingi,

So you're bald, and jealous of Trump's hair?  ;)
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 21, 2016, 11:16:17 PM »
"It was a very dangerous time . . . Many people people turned down this honor. I did not. I took the risk and I'm glad I did." #GrandMartialTrump
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 21, 2016, 11:17:42 PM »
So you're bald, and jealous of Trump's hair?  ;)
ALOL

My DW goes crazy when I say I envy bald people that don't have to spend so much time at the barber.
-- Dan

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 21, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
"It was a very dangerous time . . . Many people people turned down this honor. I did not. I took the risk and I'm glad I did." #GrandMarshallTrump

FTFY.
(I'm not gonna make a joke about Trump loving the poorly educated.)
JTZ

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 21, 2016, 11:58:03 PM »
Do you even know how NY delegates are awarded in NY? I didn't check, as I don't think it would matter, but given NY political culture I would venture to say that party insiders are not likely to cede control to any pesky NY voters.

14 Delegates to the statewide winner, and 3 per Congressional district (assuming the winner gets above 50%.) So if you live in a district with very few Republican voters your vote is very valuable.

At this point its too late to switch registration to republican to vote in the presidential primary. 

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
If you think being registered Republican in NY makes any sense, I challenge you to show me how. Do you even know how NY delegates are awarded in NY? I didn't check, as I don't think it would matter, but given NY political culture I would venture to say that party insiders are not likely to cede control to any pesky NY voters.

I don't even think my vote for Bernie (even if he survives to the NY primaries) will make any difference, it's just a statement and possibly a fun thing to do. The only time my vote in NY can count is in very local elections where there are more than 2 candidates with serious backing running (an almost impossible situation).

I live in LA, so I'm in a similar situation. I guess it's too late for you now, so w/e. Anyways, I'm excited to finally vote for a candidate I actually like! Especially if my vote will mean something.

Offline sharkky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 22, 2016, 01:21:37 AM »
if u start thinking about if you can make a difference, you would/should never vote. So IMO any talk of making a difference is always irrelevant

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 22, 2016, 02:22:25 AM »
14 Delegates to the statewide winner, and 3 per Congressional district (assuming the winner gets above 50%.) So if you live in a district with very few Republican voters your vote is very valuable.

At this point its too late to switch registration to republican to vote in the presidential primary.
Is it open or closed?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline jungarmtl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:41 PM »
Trump will get now more support with this story in Brussels