Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 237331 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 11, 2016, 10:26:19 PM »
Source:
http://thinkprogress.org

Great source. Like bringing the pope as a source for Catholicism.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 11, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »
A.  It's attempted suicide rate.
B.  Do you know what the attempted suicide rate was in Auchwitz? 
C.  Your conclusion is preposterous, and skipped many steps.

PS:  Studies have shown that Holocaust Survivors are 3 times more likely to attempted suicide.  Not sure how it's relevant, but figured you should know.
Trans are not those most persecuted people in history. Yet they have the highest suicide rate of any population in history.

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »
Trans are not those most persecuted people in history. Yet they have the highest suicide rate of any population in history.

That's like saying "Poland has the highest rate of suicide in the world.  Must be all Polish people suffer from mental illness."

And I'm not even sure how you're objectively determining who's been persecuted the most.

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »
anyone with the updates gop delegate count?
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 11, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 11, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »
Are you just trying to save this thread?

GIYF: 
exactly!
#smart  ;)
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »
i find it mindboggling that anyone can say with a straight face that the TG suicide rate is the result of anything but the increased bullying these individuals face. This is not bind following, it's common sense. But to satisfy my curiosity I took a look, here's what I found:
Source:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/06/22/3672506/transgender-suicide-rates/

You didn't read what I wrote carefully.  I'm not saying it can't contribute, but even with all these statistics showing reductions, it's still very high. That's why I brought up wh and sf.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 11, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
That's like saying "Poland has the highest rate of suicide in the world.  Must be all Polish people suffer from mental illness."

No it isn't. It's like saying that a boy who thinks he's a girl and has a 41% chance of commiting suicide is mentally ill. Also 41% is not just the highest rate, there's nothing even remotely close, it's 4 out of 10.

And I'm not even sure how you're objectively determining who's been persecuted the most.
I'm pretty certain inmates of Auschwitz were more persecuted than trans.
If I can trust my grandparents.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »
No it isn't. It's like saying that a boy who thinks he's a girl and has a 41% chance of commiting suicide is mentally ill.I'm pretty certain inmates of Auschwitz were more persecuted than trans.
If I can trust my grandparents.

They were transgenders in Auschwitz? Must have a ridiculously high suicide rate...

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 11, 2016, 11:12:58 PM »
They were transgenders in Auschwitz? Must have a ridiculously high suicide rate...
You, my friend, have serious reading comprehension issues. Or I have a serious writing disability.
I have no clue how you read that in my comment

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
GOP Master thread
« Reply #1110 on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »
You, my friend, have serious reading comprehension issues. Or I have a serious writing disability.
I have no clue how you read that in my comment

And you have a serious sarcasm comprehension issue. My point is this:

You're comparing two types of completely different experiences to support your argument that for one of them suicide is comparably  normal while for the other it's a sign of a mental illness.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:20:55 PM by EJB »

Offline shia27

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 12, 2016, 01:46:18 AM »
@david smith ok answer me here :P

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 12, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »

Andrew Stiles
    ✔
    ‎@AndrewStilesUSA

Trump on bankruptcies: I used the rules to my advantage!

Trump on Cruz using delegate rules to his advantage: Cheating!

Follow
    Andrew Stiles
    ✔
    ‎@AndrewStilesUSA

It’s just sad, really. Trump's main pitch is “I’m a brilliant manager.”

He’s going to lose because he’s not a brilliant manager.
    4:56 PM - 11 Apr 2016

If Trump Doesn’t Understand 156 Year Old Political Rules, How Will He Understand the Presidency?
By Erick Erickson  |   April 11, 2016, 03:59pm
      Donald Trump is again complaining about the delegate rules of the Republican Party — delegate rules that have existed in various forms for 156 years. In fact, the present delegate rules have not really changed in decades, requiring that the nominee of the party get a majority of the delegates of the party to be the party’s nominee.
Donald Trump entered the race knowing he would need 1,237 delegates. But the man who claims he surrounds himself with experts and top men to advise him on things surrounded himself with advisors who told him not to worry about the delegates. Now Trump is having to bring in new people to play the delegate game, which is an acknowledgement that the rule for a majority will no be waived.
But along the way, both Trump and his supporters have taken to whining incessantly about the majority requirement. Publicly they think it should be changed to a plurality, though neither the delegate rules nor the Electoral College rules will be changed from majority to plurality.
Just because Donald Trump has the most delegates does not mean he has a majority of delegates. The rules matter.
That Trump has, for this long, surrounded himself with people who clearly failed to accurately advise him on the delegate rules is troubling. We know that Trump’s foreign affairs advisors are not really top men and, frankly, some are staggeringly unqualified. Likewise, we know Trump has barely met with them.
But these are the people he’d take advice from on foreign policy. Trump, though, says he has a very smart brain and he consults with himself. On Meet the Press yesterday, his campaign surrogate said it was Trump himself running the campaign — a campaign that ignored 156 years of needing delegates.
If Donald Trump cracks over a 156 year tradition of requiring a majority of delegates for the Republican nomination how is he going to understand the demands of the Presidency? If Trump claims he surrounds himself with top men and those top men advised him so poorly on the delegate issue, how can we be reassured he won’t make the same mistakes in a Presidential administration?
Thankfully that is unlikely to happen.

Trump can go around screaming and yelling but meanwhile that is all he has shown himself able to do. When it comes to strategy he is being trounced and that is likely to lose him the nomination. He will call it stolen from him and cry about but it will be because he was emor harbe vaase me'at. He would lose the general on strategy as well. Let him yap and yap but until he can show that he can have some actions to back up his yelling it is worthless. As president he would also be expecting to get his way by yelling. There are too many egos in Washington for that to happen.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:52:24 AM by aygart »

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:15 AM »
All of a sudden its ok to change procedures that have been in place for 100s of years.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
The funniest thing is that Trump actually gained from the delegate system. He has a higher percentage of delegates received to percentage of votes received than Cruz does.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »
All of a sudden its ok to change procedures that have been in place for 100s of years.
No procedure has been changed yet. Any changes at the convention will be made by delegates. Had Trump actually done something to get himself loyal delegates he would be the one manipulating the rules. How many times in his life has he manipulated rules to get his way? Now that it is being used against him he is crying about it?

Another point is that Trump has benefited greatly from open primaries. But the idea of open primaries is relatively recent. Why should Democrats be involved in choosing the Republican nominee? Isn't winning based on the votes of outsiders who will never vote for him in a general "cheating"?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:01:51 PM by aygart »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 12, 2016, 11:57:24 AM »
The funniest thing is that Trump actually gained from the delegate system. He has a higher percentage of delegates received to percentage of votes received than Cruz does.
True. That is mainly due to winner take all states.

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 12, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »
No procedure has been changed yet. Any changes at the convention will be made by delegates. Had Trump actually done something to get himself loyal delegates he would be the one manipulating the rules. How many times in his life has he manipulated rules to get his way? Now that it is being used against him he is crying about it?

Another point is that Trump has benefited greatly from open primaries. But the idea of open primaries is relatively recent. Why should Democrats be involved in choosing the Republican nominee? Isn't winning based on the votes of outsiders who will never vote for him in a general "cheating"?
My point was that suddenly pundits who favor Trump are advocating against the procedures of nominating a candidate.
The same people who adamantly fight any change to our traditions.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 12, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
My point was that suddenly pundits who favor Trump are advocating against the procedures of nominating a candidate.
Great point just shows the likes of Hannity are complete frauds

Trump can go around screaming and yelling but meanwhile that is all he has shown himself able to do. When it comes to strategy he is being trounced and that is likely to lose him the nomination. He will call it stolen from him and cry about but it will be because he was emor harbe vaase me'at. He would lose the general on strategy as well. Let him yap and yap but until he can show that he can have some actions to back up his yelling it is worthless. As president he would also be expecting to get his way by yelling. There are too many egos in Washington for that to happen.
Another great point he has such poor organization of his campaign. All he has shown is his ability to talk big. The fact that he has zero strategic planning and leadership is frightening

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »
I misunderstood you. I thought you were complaining how "they" are changing rules to the detriment of Trump. Here Trump is the one complaining about existing rules.