Author Topic: GOP Master thread  (Read 237308 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Master thread
« Reply #1360 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:34 PM »
Huh if this conversation is working with assumption that America got what it wants why are getting a third party candidate
Obviously they didn't get exactly what they where looking for (at least I hope not), but based on who's left shows us the general direction of a candidate we would need to bring out, who can sway them away from the real crazies.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1361 on: May 05, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »
Huh if this conversation is working with assumption that America got what it wants why are getting a third party candidate

Not necessarily what America wants# but probably what we deserve.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1363 on: May 05, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/

Wow, that's brilliant. Reminds me of a YouTube video posted several pages back analyzing Trump's language.

Also of note, Rush Limbaugh said yesterday that he thinks Trump might have a landslide win.
-- Dan

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 06, 2016, 12:50:15 AM »

Wow, that's brilliant. Reminds me of a YouTube video posted several pages back analyzing Trump's language.

Also of note, Rush Limbaugh said yesterday that he thinks Trump might have a landslide win.
Rush said the same thing about Romney in 2012.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 06, 2016, 01:03:26 AM »
Trump needs a 10 point poll boost in the swing states to win. Is that possible this far out, sure. But 10 points is a lot. I am surprised that many leading republicans are refusing to back him now that he is the presumptive nominee. I wonder if that will hurt him.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 06, 2016, 07:07:21 AM »
Trump needs a 10 point poll boost in the swing states to win. Is that possible this far out, sure. But 10 points is a lot. I am surprised that many leading republicans are refusing to back him now that he is the presumptive nominee. I wonder if that will hurt him.

See https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/05/five-not-totally-crazy-electoral-maps-that-show-donald-trump-winning/

As for establishment GOP making statements about not backing Trump (at this point) I think it hurts them more than it hurts him.
-- Dan

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 06, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
See https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/05/five-not-totally-crazy-electoral-maps-that-show-donald-trump-winning/

As for establishment GOP making statements about not backing Trump (at this point) I think it hurts them more than it hurts him.

Several of those states they have trump as winning are currently solid in the Clinton territory. The maps are possibly but Trump
Will have an uphill battle getting there.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1368 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:23 AM »
Trumpkins are going to have their dreams shattered come November. They'll scream rigged polls until then.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 06, 2016, 09:36:37 AM »
Trumpkins are going to have their dreams shattered come November. They'll scream rigged polls until then.

I don't know how or why,but statements like yours just make me believe it will be a Trump win in November (given how things panned out over the last several months).
-- Dan

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 06, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
The only candidate that had a dream is HRC and BO took care of that.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 06, 2016, 09:55:34 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/
I think he gives to much credit to trump. At best I would say he did a lot of this stuff naturally without realizing it. I don't think he is that calculated

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 06, 2016, 09:57:40 AM »
I don't know how or why,but statements like yours just make me believe it will be a Trump win in November (given how things panned out over the last several months).

Trump has been the most steady candidate in the polls since September. The bulk of his increase came from Carson dropping out, which is not unexpected. Not sure why people discrediting polls point to Trump's success in the republican primaries, since those polls paint the opposite figure (as a whole. Obviously there are a few exceptions).

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1373 on: May 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
https://nevertrump.com/
# Never Trump
36,167 Have Signed The Pledge

http://wontvotehillary.com/
Sign the pledge! 58702 pledges.

From Won't Vote Hillary:

On the Futility of Write-Ins
You may want to write Sanders on the ballot this coming election but you would do better not to even vote.

Only 8 states allow voters to cast unrestricted write-in ballots. Eight. In 35 states the write-in candidate must file paperwork in advance of the election. And in seven states, write-in voting for presidential candidates is not even permitted. Of those 35 states a few may allow a write-in campaign to be organized by voters in support of a candidate who is not personally involved in running; the decision to allow this form of a draft campaign is left to each state’s municipality.

In close Presidential elections, write-in votes used to serve as a burden more than more than anything tactical. But today, modern polling places are prepared to ignore write-in votes using the most advanced technology available. Optical scanning machines are preprogrammed to automatically "kick out" write-ins from the computer's running tabulation. The machine then literally spits the write-in ballots into a pile on the floor. County polling representatives "sort" through the pile later.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 06, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

All these statement by leading Republican figures are simple, all those who didnt get caught up in the trump phenomenon need to be explained to them why they should vote for him, why hes any better than Hillary. Theyre not caught up in the hype and the hate, they want substance, real conviction, no flip flopping policy, and most importantly conservative policy. They're just as sick of trump as they are of hilliary. His opinions of abortion, minimum wage, gay marriage, tariffs and trade wars among others  have got to stay consistent. The meaning behind Paul Ryans comments, that hes not ready is simply, i want to vote for you etc but youll need to convince me, i dont go for the hype. I believe that a nice percentage of nevertrumpers would gladly vote for him if he comes out and explains why, not just because "millions of people came to the party because of me" or "we're winning winning winning". The claim of "lets unify", is true, but to unify you must be all inclusive not just because millions follow like blind sheep.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #1375 on: May 06, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »
All these statement by leading Republican figures are simple, all those who didnt get caught up in the trump phenomenon need to be explained to them why they should vote for him, why hes any better than Hillary. Theyre not caught up in the hype and the hate, they want substance, real conviction, no flip flopping policy, and most importantly conservative policy. They're just as sick of trump as they are of hilliary. His opinions of abortion, minimum wage, gay marriage, tariffs and trade wars among others  have got to stay consistent. The meaning behind Paul Ryans comments, that hes not ready is simply, i want to vote for you etc but youll need to convince me, i dont go for the hype. I believe that a nice percentage of nevertrumpers would gladly vote for him if he comes out and explains why, not just because "millions of people came to the party because of me" or "we're winning winning winning". The claim of "lets unify", is true, but to unify you must be all inclusive not just because millions follow like blind sheep.
Well said. It seems like paul ryan is not against trump. He isjust looking for a reason to back him, which he has yet to find.
#TYH

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 06, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Well said. It seems like paul ryan is not against trump. He isjust looking for a reason to back him, which he has yet to find.

Those were my initial thoughts, and current hopes. However, there is something about making a public statement rather than just reaching out, doing background work, keeping quiet for a while, and then making a statement. What is gained by making such a statement AT THIS POINT?
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 06, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
Those were my initial thoughts, and current hopes. However, there is something about making a public statement rather than just reaching out, doing background work, keeping quiet for a while, and then making a statement. What is gained by making such a statement AT THIS POINT?
There is more to be gained now than ever. At the end of the day Trump cannot win without R votes. He is making a statment that they should not be taken for granted even though he was not part of #nevertrump

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
There is more to be gained now than ever. At the end of the day Trump cannot win without R votes. He is making a statment that they should not be taken for granted even though he was not part of #nevertrump

If one really cares, one does background work, do you really think public statements (which are usually very hollow - just like a lot of Trump's statements are) matter AT THIS POINT for getting trump to convince R voters? Don't forget (pun intended) people's memories are very short. So many things can happen between now and November, and we know Trump is an expert salesperson, it's his last move that will count, not anything said now.
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 06, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »
If one really cares, one does background work, do you really think public statements (which are usually very hollow - just like a lot of Trump's statements are) matter AT THIS POINT for getting trump to convince R voters? Don't forget (pun intended) people's memories are very short. So many things can happen between now and November, and we know Trump is an expert salesperson, it's his last move that will count, not anything said now.
Sure, but the push is on to have Trump stake out conservative positions, conservative VP, conservative advisers etc.