Topic Wiki

Law school exams for yeshiva guys 101, by henche
1. Read the story. 
2. Write down all the taynas that anyone might have, and what taynas the other guy might have back, and what the halacha probably is. 
3. Hit "submit"
4. Get a job.
5. Never see your family again!!!!!!!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/success-in-law-school.html
« Last edited by jj1000 on September 15, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

Author Topic: Law School  (Read 398258 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Law School
« Reply #2280 on: November 09, 2022, 01:20:46 PM »
Search this thread, I probably posted it before.

IIRC, 1/3 of Fisch students scored in the 170's when I was taking the test.

That number is mind blowing... I know.
Found it... Not a bad memory after all

I once heard 1/3 of his students score in he 170's no other program can even touch that number.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: November 09, 2022, 02:11:15 PM »
Search this thread, I probably posted it before.

IIRC, 1/3 of Fisch students scored in the 170's when I was taking the test.

That number is mind blowing... I know.
Can be true but you need to look at who is taking each course and see where they would end up if they took the other course instead. I think the average Fisch student is far ahead of the average Kaplan student.

Yeshiva guys specifically (which made up a majority of my course IIRC) have a leg up on the LSAT IMO. (This definitely does not translate into a leg up in law school or later on as some like to think - e.g. my yeshivish friend who asked me if my law school classmates are able to say a "glatte svara"- but for the LSAT it works since we are trained to think in that way.)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2282 on: November 09, 2022, 02:14:58 PM »
Can be true but you need to look at who is taking each course and see where they would end up if they took the other course instead. I think the average Fisch student is far ahead of the average Kaplan student.

Yeshiva guys specifically (which made up a majority of my course IIRC) have a leg up on the LSAT IMO. (This definitely does not translate into a leg up in law school or later on as some like to think - e.g. my yeshivish friend who asked me if my law school classmates are able to say a "glatte svara"- but for the LSAT it works since we are trained to think in that way.)
No doubt there are other factors, also someone willing to pay $2,500 is clearly more motivated that a yokel taking the LSAT for kicks. But 1/3 in the 170's speaks for itself.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline smb2270

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 15, 2022, 06:47:31 PM »
No doubt there are other factors, also someone willing to pay $2,500 is clearly more motivated that a yokel taking the LSAT for kicks. But 1/3 in the 170's speaks for itself.
Or they have rich parents, which is too often the case.  Parents want their kid to be x, but kid has no interest. 

Fisch is way to go.  He is fully remote now.  I improved from 130s to NYU with $ (those days a 166 did it!).  He has so many interesting tips and tricks: like recording yourself after reading a LR stimulus and seeing if you remember the main point and then going to the questions using this memory, rather than glancing back at the stimulus).  Not sure that "regiment" is his selling point.  He is a master at helping on LG, but not so much RC (and he admits this is very difficult to teach/improve on). 

He is a teacher's teacher, but I don't think he'll baby you and he is not very good at getting back to people via email/once the course is done, you're basically on your own type of thing, which I do not blame him for.  You need to put in work on your won, so maybe that's what someone meant by regimented.  LSAT is a FT job.  Period.

FYI here's an AMA he did on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/ulze4x/hi_rlsat_i_have_45_minutes_free_to_answer_anyones/

Also happy to chat with anyone who is looking for jobs (biglaw or whatever).  Prelaw too!

Offline 16guitar

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 26, 2023, 04:13:41 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for an admissions consultant?
Thank you

Online gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 27, 2023, 01:17:39 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for an admissions consultant?
Thank you
They say Spivey is the best. Wtvr you end up dong make sure you get someone with actual admissions experience, not someone who just read all of TLS and reddit and claims to know everything. Many ppl will be happy to take your money and its hard to know how m uch value they are providing.