Author Topic: Hikind Wants to Boycott Amazon  (Read 5365 times)

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Hikind Wants to Boycott Amazon
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »
Imagine if the Frum community boycotts Amazon

Thousands of customers and the same 2 Prime accounts :)

Offline mrprez27

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
Imagine if the Frum community boycotts Amazon

Thousands of customers and the same 2 Prime accounts :)
haha

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 08:47:43 AM »
I didn't know anything bout this but am an Amazon prime member (aren't we all) and saw this advertised on the homepage. Before drawing any conclusions I watched a couple of episodes.
It is definitely fiction, yet I still find it very distasteful. I don't find the "what if?" it is portraying at all entertaining. I think the artists sometimes forget that at the end of the day they are entertainers and instead go for something shocking and thought provoking.
I don't like it,
and I support any logical campaign to end it. I sincerely hope it does not go to a second season and it ends as something Amazon is not proud of. That said, you can't boycott Amazon
yeah, why are these entertainers trying to provoke thought? they should stick to producing mindless entertainment.
[/sarcasm]
that being said, you are definitely entitled to your opinion and if you find the show distasteful then dont watch it. 

Online skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 10:34:19 AM »
I didn't know anything bout this but am an Amazon prime member (aren't we all) and saw this advertised on the homepage. Before drawing any conclusions I watched a couple of episodes.
It is definitely fiction, yet I still find it very distasteful. I don't find the "what if?" it is portraying at all entertaining. I think the artists sometimes forget that at the end of the day they are entertainers and instead go for something shocking and thought provoking.
I don't like it, and I support any logical campaign to end it. I sincerely hope it does not go to a second season and it ends as something Amazon is not proud of. That said, you can't boycott Amazon
The series is based on the award winning novel of the same name by the acclaimed author, Phillip K. Dick. There isn't even a 'controversy' section on the book's wikipedia page (something you'll find with shocking frequency on the pages of novels, movies, celebrities, etc.). This despite the cover of the book, which came out in 1962 - a whole lot closer to the end of the war than we are now - being much more 'problematic' than the advertising Amazon used on MTA:

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »
I don't find the ad campaign offensive, but at the same time - imagine there was a show based on premise of the South winning and slavery still being around today. Would you see a similar ad campaign? Yeah, not happening.