Author Topic: 8-inch Chef's Knife for $27.99 - lowest price ever at Amazon  (Read 2534 times)

Offline MarkR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 8-inch Chef's Knife for $27.99 - lowest price ever at Amazon
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »
You have a point. Look, at $28, it's a good deal. Also, the reviews are overwhelmingly positive for this specific knife. I'm not saying it's the best knife out there. I'm in for 2 and we'll see how they look and feel when I get them. If I need to, I'll return. BTW, is that pic the same model?
I wasn't saying whether it's a good deal or not, I was just informing that it isn't the higher quality German-made ones. It might very well be a good deal at 28 bucks. My Henckels knives are 17 or 18 years old and they didn't have this model back then, I don't think they manufactured outside of Germany at the time (or maybe they were just starting). Mine is a "Professional S" model and looks almost exactly like this one. My dad has an old Henckels knife that he got from his father, it's probably close to 100 years old and still cuts very well. It's one of those knives with a curved blade and a wooden handle. My dad uses it mostly to slice dried salami.

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 8-inch Chef's Knife for $27.99 - lowest price ever at Amazon
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 12:04:40 AM »
I wasn't saying whether it's a good deal or not, I was just informing that it isn't the higher quality German-made ones. It might very well be a good deal at 28 bucks. My Henckels knives are 17 or 18 years old and they didn't have this model back then, I don't think they manufactured outside of Germany at the time (or maybe they were just starting). Mine is a "Professional S" model and looks almost exactly like this one. My dad has an old Henckels knife that he got from his father, it's probably close to 100 years old and still cuts very well. It's one of those knives with a curved blade and a wooden handle. My dad uses it mostly to slice dried salami.

Fair enough. I have a good Henckel's chef knife (This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004RFKS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00) I use for everything as long as that thing is neither dairy nor meat. I've always wanted a decent knife for meat or dairy (especially meat) but couldn't justify a high price tag. For $28, I'm willing to dive in.