Author Topic: Watches from Ashford.com, are they reliable?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Watches from Ashford.com, are they reliable?
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
After reading up a lot on the subject, it seems their watches are purchased on the grey market. This explains how they can offer $100's lower than their nearest competitor. The watches don't come with a manufacturers warranty, but they offer their own warranty. They also aren't authorized resellers of most of the brands they sell, which makes me nervous. Anyone with experience either way? How worried should I be if they promise the watches are 100% authentic but they aren't purchased from the manufacturer?!?

Offline keepsmiling123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
Re: Watches from Ashford.com, are they reliable?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:05:56 PM »
I have a Baume and Mercier from them that I got as a Chosson watch. Came in original box with original booklet and materials. Haven't had any issues with it yet and it's almost 3 years old. I brought it to some big watch sellers to verify it was real and they assured me it is and Macy's even removed links from it for free since they carried that model when I got it.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
After reading up a lot on the subject, it seems their watches are purchased on the grey market. This explains how they can offer $100's lower than their nearest competitor. The watches don't come with a manufacturers warranty, but they offer their own warranty. They also aren't authorized resellers of most of the brands they sell, which makes me nervous. Anyone with experience either way? How worried should I be if they promise the watches are 100% authentic but they aren't purchased from the manufacturer?!?
Anyone that sells watches online is not authorized since the company wants they're watches to sell at full retail price.
Take it from me, I'm one of those websites

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:17:23 AM »
Anyone that sells watches online is not authorized since the company wants they're watches to sell at full retail price.
Take it from me, I'm one of those websites
So how do you guys get the watches if the companies won't sell them to you who is selling to you? More importantly even if it is the original authentic watch, and it lasts for a few years and then it breaks. Who is responsible then? If someone is spending 100's on a watch they want to know the manufacturer stands behind the item 100%