Topic Wiki

Random questions about Verizon Wireless plans/plan changes/etc.. Feel free to add your two cents  :)

***If you're on the VZW Share Everything plan and you have lines that are not in contract/eligible for upgrade, make sure you're receiving a $15 or $25 month-to-month credit for each of those lines.***

VZW NEWS:
12/7/15 - @VZWSupport on twitter and Facebook are now available 24/7
12/16/15 - see http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=59046.0
« Last edited by Wizard on December 16, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »

Author Topic: Verizon Wireless Master Thread  (Read 36007 times)

Offline Wizard

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Verizon Wireless Master Thread
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »
Just starting this thread for Verizon Wireless customers to post random questions about plans/plan changes/etc..
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Verizon Wireless Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:03:15 AM »
OK I'll start:
I'm currently on a add on line on a regular data plan and still in contract till June and have been out of the country for a bit so I had them put the line on hold and they didn't charge me at all. Now after 6 months they said they can't put it on hold anymore. So they put me on the cheapest plan I think it's $10 another plus tax. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get out of contract earlier and not have to wait till June?

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »
OK I'll start:
I'm currently on a add on line on a regular data plan and still in contract till June and have been out of the country for a bit so I had them put the line on hold and they didn't charge me at all. Now after 6 months they said they can't put it on hold anymore. So they put me on the cheapest plan I think it's $10 another plus tax. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get out of contract earlier and not have to wait till June?
Thanks for starting. You can't get them to put on hold for more another 6 months? Maybe try a manager? Or tweet to their Twitter support page... Otherwise you can try to get a different carrier to pay your early termination fee w Verizon so that you can switch to them and then cancel with them after a month. Or just have them put your account on hold.. Hatzlacha!
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 12:39:53 PM »

Thanks for starting. You can't get them to put on hold for more another 6 months? Maybe try a manager? Or tweet to their Twitter support page... Otherwise you can try to get a different carrier to pay your early termination fee w Verizon so that you can switch to them and then cancel with them after a month. Or just have them put your account on hold.. Hatzlacha!

The max they allow putting on hold is 6 months in a 2 year contract. Do you recommend any carrier that would be the best to pay the early termination fee?

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:38:59 AM »

The max they allow putting on hold is 6 months in a 2 year contract. Do you recommend any carrier that would be the best to pay the early termination fee?
Have this problem also with my son in Israel. I did not have this problem when my other kids were there. I just had to re-suspend the line every 3 months. Now they won't let me suspend any more even though I am aware it extends my 2 year contract. They just don't care even when I said that I am rethinking continuing my service with them since I feel like they are nickel and dimeing me (I have grandfathered data and have to pay $20 extra a month for the service). Truth is, they have the best service.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »

I think AT&T is a good carrier these days, perhaps even better than Verizon (I know AT&T has better service in upstate NY). I'm not sure they offer to pay the early termination fee.. Also, you mention that you're away internationally - you may want to check out T-Mobile, they have good international roaming plans I think...

Either way, make sure you are not going to be in contract with new carrier or if yes, that they will allow you to put on hold for long enough...

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:50:35 AM »
Have this problem also with my son in Israel. I did not have this problem when my other kids were there. I just had to re-suspend the line every 3 months. Now they won't let me suspend any more even though I am aware it extends my 2 year contract. They just don't care even when I said that I am rethinking continuing my service with them since I feel like they are nickel and dimeing me (I have grandfathered data and have to pay $20 extra a month for the service). Truth is, they have the best service.
Not necessarily anymore. AT&T I think  is pretty good these days. Did you try tweeting VZWSupport on Twitter? They may be able to help if you threaten to leave...

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:07:40 PM »
Verizon Wirless customers only: 1 Free card per line written and shipped from Handwrytten.com. Link: http://po.st/Wrytten3

No verification needed so you can technically use your friends VZW number if he doesn't.

Offline doovid d

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »
Does anyone know how I can get an employee discount without having an employee with the discount also how does it work thanks (maybe someone that has an email thays eligible would like to pm about it)thanks

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 12:06:39 AM »
Does anyone know how I can get an employee discount without having an employee with the discount also how does it work thanks (maybe someone that has an email thays eligible would like to pm about it)thanks
You're referring to the business email address where certain companies have an contracts that employees get a discount, not VZW employee discount right? Yeh I would like that too! Anyone that has can PM me too.. TIA

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch carriers every two years and get all those new customer discounts (i.e., $300 per new line)? Or do they know you were previously a customer?

Offline doovid d

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 12:28:05 AM »
Right now you can go to vzw and get 300 dollar credit just for adding a line when you trade in a working smartphone and it can even be a 15 dollar smartphone just make sure it's a device payment...

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
Right now you can go to vzw and get 300 dollar credit just for adding a line when you trade in a working smartphone and it can even be a 15 dollar smartphone just make sure it's a device payment...
Yes but I'm not looking to add a line which will be an extra $20/month. I was asking if I leave VZW when I'm out of contract and come back 2 years later can I get the $300 per line I bring back? If yes, I can continue doing this every two years switching back and forth between carriers that will pay me to bring in my line... Has anyone had experience with this?

Online Abebee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »
Last month there was a promotion for 1 free GB it rolled over to this month for me. Anyone else have that?rusb

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »

Last month there was a promotion for 1 free GB it rolled over to this month for me. Anyone else have that?rusb
The Thanksgetting promotion? It was 2 billing cycles. Everyone got that! Enjoy it!

Offline doovid d

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
Anyone know how to get a business account on vzw if I don't have business without me needing to pay any down Payment also do you know if I can provide them with my ssn or they'll want the tax I'd num which I don't have (basically is it like cc applications that you can just put your ssn instead of tax I'd num or not)thanks

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 01:30:17 AM »
I think AT&T is a good carrier these days, perhaps even better than Verizon (I know AT&T has better service in upstate NY). I'm not sure they offer to pay the early termination fee.. Also, you mention that you're away internationally - you may want to check out T-Mobile, they have good international roaming plans I think...

Either way, make sure you are not going to be in contract with new carrier or if yes, that they will allow you to put on hold for long enough...
At&t has terrible coverage in woodridge, NY so it really depends on the area. In Monsey near New Square they are terrible, Lakewood East of the tracks and Williamsbug are all bad areas for At&t.

Offline cashasap

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »
me and my wife are currently vzw prepaid customers im happy but my wife needs a new phone i would like to get her the iphone 6 but i want to stay with vzw what would be the best way to get the most with spending the least (i dont need alot of data)
Pinnaclewholesalegroup.com

Online Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Don't know if it was a targeted promotion. Was on the phone with a Verizon business rep (i am currently on a business plan with 10 lines and 50gig shared data a month) and she said if you spend more then $100 on data a month (which I do) I qualify for a free 12 gig a month till 2018.. (this month I am receiving 65 gig, 15 free. 12 from this promotion 1 from thanksgiving promotion and 2 from downloading the GO90 app)

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »
Don't know if it was a targeted promotion. Was on the phone with a Verizon business rep (i am currently on a business plan with 10 lines and 50gig shared data a month) and she said if you spend more then $100 on data a month (which I do) I qualify for a free 12 gig a month till 2018.. (this month I am receiving 65 gig, 15 free. 12 from this promotion 1 from thanksgiving promotion and 2 from downloading the GO90 app)
Wow, 50GB for 10 lines? Thats a lot! Never heard of that promo. Maybe just business accounts. Will check with them when I call next iyH