Topic Wiki

Author Topic: The Two-Stop Pacific Hop: Bora Bora & Melbourne (A Mrs. AJK Special)  (Read 102761 times)

Offline jshelton

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Two-Stop Pacific Hop: Bora Bora & Melbourne (A Mrs. AJK Special)
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
your trip looks amazing. I want to go here one day. Why did you decide Bora Bora over Moorea? Both have IHG properties

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2016, 02:08:19 PM »
your trip looks amazing. I want to go here one day. Why did you decide Bora Bora over Moorea? Both have IHG properties

While I know Moorea does have some die-hard fans, to me, from my review, there was no contest which is prettier.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jshelton

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2016, 02:13:09 PM »
Ya I'm not sure where I would pick, seems like a difficult decision, but as I mentioned before, your pictures are stunning and making me want to book ASAP. 

Offline rediplus

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »
how did you book the thalasso when they don't have the ability to book with points ? the calendar is blocked for the whole year.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2016, 05:28:03 PM »
how did you book the thalasso when they don't have the ability to book with points ? the calendar is blocked for the whole year.

Availability opens up at end of schedule and close-in.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline rediplus

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
can i ask how many points per night ?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »
can i ask how many points per night ?

You can ask. It's also publicly available :P

50,000/night in OWB.

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
When do additional nights open up - i.e. calendar expansion, and not cancellations or last-minute unsold rooms? PM is ok :)

Offline rediplus

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
it is my opinion that the god's of chase, amex,  and citi and the lesser ones of which us mere mortals simply do not know have truly smiled upon some humans on this plane of existence called earth or DDF to be able to attain the unattainable. such feats as new zealand,  maldives, bora bora, and other unknown or unwritten trips that will only exist for us in our dreams.   :o  :'(

Offline yakrot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
The Two-Stop Pacific Hop: Bora Bora & Melbourne (A Mrs. AJK Special)
« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
it is my opinion that the god's of chase, amex,  and citi and the lesser ones of which us mere mortals simply do not know have truly smiled upon some humans on this plane of existence called earth or DDF to be able to attain the unattainable. such feats as new zealand,  maldives, bora bora, and other unknown or unwritten trips that will only exist for us in our dreams.   :o  :'(
dont think like that. While I myself have not (yet) done any out of these out of the world trips you mention it is heresy not to believe its obtainable for all

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2016, 06:48:50 PM »

Oh come now!  AKL, MLE, BOB and more are all available to you and all those who are sufficiently inquisitive, organized, disciplined, and ambitious.

Just a few short years ago, I embarked on this journey with a prayer and a BA 100K offer. Oh, and I asked which hotel was best for the wedding night. Oiy.

My point, you can do it if I could do it. There is nothing special about me. And I can assure you, Chase, AmEx, and Citi would agree with me on that last part ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:52:13 PM by AJK »

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

Oh come now!  AKL, MLE, BOB and more are all available to you and all those who are sufficiently inquisitive, organized, disciplined, and ambitious.

Just a few short years ago, I embarked on this journey with a prayer and a BA 100K offer. Oh, and I asked which hotel was best for the wedding night. Oiy.

My point, you can do it if I could do it. There is nothing special about me. And I can assure you, Chase, AmEx, and Citi would agree with me on that last part ;)

I thought it was un-ajk-like to not post the equivalent links to your comments and am happy to see you having corrected that.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »
I thought it was un-ajk-like to not post the equivalent links to your comments and am happy to see you having corrected that.

Not sure I follow.

Being un-ajk-like to not post equals ajk-like to post, so "I thought it was AJK-like to post the equivalent links to your comments and am happy..."

Nope, still don't get it :P

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
It think side conversations should be banned in these threads until the TR is finished

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »

It think AJK should be banned until the TR is finished

FTFY

Offline AJK

• View Profile

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

My point, you can do it if I could do it.

THAT exactly. 3 years ago I thought I'd never be able to do it. This year, I'll be doing this (just under 50,000 miles):

Point is, anyone can. Start off slow and before you know it, you'll be shocked at how much you've learned.

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »

So your the one that started the jacuzzi thread!

BTW Pls tell the Mrs., every time I see you posting here I'm thinking theirs a new segment, and then.......

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »

Point is, anyone can. Start off slow and before you know it, you'll be shocked at how much you've learned.

+100. I also started less than a year ago.  I don't do any manufactured spend (although we do have biz expenses) but thanks to the knowledge of how to book flights from DDF and some new credit cards to maximize our points way better we are going to MLE in a few months.

Which BTW, on another note, when Mrs. AJK continues is she going to tell us which she liked better, MLE or BOB? ;)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2016, 09:54:17 PM »
:o

People in glass houses... should not throw stones.

Your entire TR of BOB consisted of about 8 lines.
Ouch.   :-X
You can say what you think when you think what you say.