Author Topic: Cancun Holiday Inn Express closed -- compensation? rebook at fancier place?  (Read 806 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Hi, it appears that Holiday Inn Express Cancun is now permanently closed.
I'm holding a one-night reservation in February, our night of arrival, before Westin Lagunamar.
It's weird that I never heard anything from IHG about this reservation.
It still shows up in my online account, but when I click on View Details, I get an error message.

So, when I call IHG, I'm thinking I can I ask them to put me up at the Intercontinental for the same price. Is that crazy? Any other play here? (Yes, there is also a regular Holiday Inn, and they'll probably offer it.)

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Don't expect anything too much. I had a night at a intercontinental that was leaving IHG and they refused to put me anyplace else.

Good luck
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Don't expect anything too much. I had a night at a intercontinental that was leaving IHG and they refused to put me anyplace else.

Good luck

Thanks. I think "bupkis" is the operative word here. I'll report back after I reach them.

ETA: Well, if you consider the "regular" Holiday Inn a "fancier" place than the Express, then yes, they came through and arranged for us to have rooms at the HI for same price we would have had at HIE.  Woo hoo!  :D
I did ask if they could put us at the Intercontinental, and she said unfortunately no.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:01:33 PM by zow »